APOD Firearms

Please talk me out of buying a 6.5 creedmoor.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    6.5 cm is a perfect round for little girls.

Only issue is finding ammo. A .308 might have a bit more recoil, but will typically suppress better and you can actually find ammo for it
    DK Firearms

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Nothing wrong with the 6.5CM, it will reach out there. I started my gkids out on a .223 and #1 grandson has my 6mm. Light recoil and If I recall the things comes in under 6 pounds and is good out to 325, which is the longest shot I took with it.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    6.5 Creedmoor is a great round for deer. An alternative with a bit less recoil is 6.5 Grendel. Howa and I think CZ makes a bolt action in that round. Either will take a deer down just fine.

That T/C Compass is a good gun. I have the original version, and the first group I shot with it was sub MOA. I don't know about that particular version of it, but the main issue on the originals is the flimsy plastic stock they come with. I replaced mine with a Boyds stock.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I do like the 7mm-08.

My cousin has a 6.5x55 that he used as a kid. His dad chopped and taped the stock to reduce the LOP. He still shoots it as an adult. You can see the seam where he reattached the wood butt stock.

6.5x55 is a great recommendation. I'll put that in my list of alternatives.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    I have a Howa but it is standard LOP. If be happy to let you borrow it if you are close.

blueangel64

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Spring
    I'm not a hunter, won't try to talk you out of anything, and should probably keep my mouth shut. However, when you said...

...I couldn't help but think of this:

Dammit!! Another one goes on the list. Closer to the top, not the bottom. Very nice!!

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    6.5 Creedmoor is a great round for deer. An alternative with a bit less recoil is 6.5 Grendel. Howa and I think CZ makes a bolt action in that round. Either will take a deer down just fine.

That T/C Compass is a good gun. I have the original version, and the first group I shot with it was sub MOA. I don't know about that particular version of it, but the main issue on the originals is the flimsy plastic stock they come with. I replaced mine with a Boyds stock.
    From what I've read the only change from the compass to the compass 2 was they improved the trigger.

As far as the flimsy stock, I'd get the boyds stock to add weight and turn it purple.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    You sound like my wife!
    You are not listening, the rifle is for my daughter.......and my head has been shaved since I enlisted in 1999.

Seriously though. I am looking fwd to teaching my little one to shoot.

Lol I know. I held off this long from making a joke cause it’s for your daughter. It’s a good round. Get it.

And you don’t need a man bun to buy a 6.5 cm. You can wear skinny jeans.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Lol I know. I held off this long from making a joke cause it’s for your daughter. It’s a good round. Get it.

Matching shoes belt and hoodie works too.

Maybe birkenstocks?

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas

Funny that you never cracked any jokes in my face about my Creedmoor's when we were at Axxe's place last fall. I get a kick out of the idiot's that crack jokes about a cartridge that people choose to shoot.
    Some people just like a cartridge that they can make shoot outstanding with very little effort, and the 6.5 Creedmoor or any variant of, is one of those cartridges.
    Hell, I've built several rifles for friends after they shot the four that I built for myself. Two in 6.5 CM, one in 22 CM, and my newest in 25 CM.

But hey, I also really like all the other rifles that I've built in 6.5 x 6.8, 6.5-06, 260, 7mm-08,as well as all my 223's and 30 caliber rifles.
    No man bun or skinny jeans needed here, I let my shooting speak for itself!

Top Bottom