Gun Zone Deals

Please talk me out of buying a 6.5 creedmoor.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Funny that you never cracked any jokes in my face about my Creedmoor's when we were at Axxe's place last fall. I get a kick out of the idiot's that crack jokes about a cartridge that people choose to shoot.
    Some people just like a cartridge that they can make shoot outstanding with very little effort, and the 6.5 Creedmoor or any variant of, is one of those cartridges.
    Hell, I've built several rifles for friends after they shot the four that I built for myself. Two in 6.5 CM, one in 22 CM, and my newest in 25 CM.

But hey, I also really like all the other rifles that I've built in 6.5 x 6.8, 6.5-06, 260, 7mm-08,as well as all my 223's and 30 caliber rifles.
    No man bun or skinny jeans needed here, I let my shooting speak for itself!
    Shit just got sorta kinda real.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I appreciate everyone's input.

With the way things are it's hard to find anything in stock so I jumped on the CVA.

I'll let my daughter try it out and see if a Boyds stock is needed. Then I'll let her pick out the color.

I also put out a bunch of in stock notifications on some of the suggestions.

I'd really like to find a CZ 527 threaded in 7.62x39.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Funny that you never cracked any jokes in my face about my Creedmoor's when we were at Axxe's place last fall. I get a kick out of the idiot's that crack jokes about a cartridge that people choose to shoot.
    Some people just like a cartridge that they can make shoot outstanding with very little effort, and the 6.5 Creedmoor or any variant of, is one of those cartridges.
    Hell, I've built several rifles for friends after they shot the four that I built for myself. Two in 6.5 CM, one in 22 CM, and my newest in 25 CM.

But hey, I also really like all the other rifles that I've built in 6.5 x 6.8, 6.5-06, 260, 7mm-08,as well as all my 223's and 30 caliber rifles.
    No man bun or skinny jeans needed here, I let my shooting speak for itself!
    Edit (I removed my old post of trying to offer peace) I’m done with you. Eat my dick.

Apparently it’s not the first time you called others idiots for uncalled for reasons. One is my friend. I also am not ok with you turning a well understood and playful joke into you needing to validate your manhood. Also don’t appreciate you assuming it’s more than a joke and I for your own insane reasoning feel that’s something I should say to your face. Man...do not bother me again. I don’t have time for passive aggressive bs behavior like this. And I’m willing to bet you would not have talked to me like this in person. Not my first go around with folks like you. Bye.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I appreciate everyone's input.

With the way things are it's hard to find anything in stock so I jumped on the CVA.

I'll let my daughter try it out and see if a Boyds stock is needed. Then I'll let her pick out the color.

I also put out a bunch of in stock notifications on some of the suggestions.

I'd really like to find a CZ 527 threaded in 7.62x39.

Just a heads up.......

My SKS uses the 7.62x39 and they are hard to find. I lucked out and found 6 boxes at Bass Pro in Garland about 4 weeks ago and bought 1,200 rounds from one of our members a few weeks ago.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Just a heads up.......

My SKS uses the 7.62x39 and they are hard to find. I lucked out and found 6 boxes at Bass Pro in Garland about 4 weeks ago and bought 1,200 rounds from one of our members a few weeks ago.
    1650861304392.png

It ain't 20cpr anymore but its still easy to find.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    That's good but not in the stores around me in Garland or the ones I've checked out in Arlington.

Academy in Garland. Order now. Pick up tomorrow. .40cpr. Not being a smart ass, just letting you know.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Hey pops up at the academy in sherman they had 100 round boxes for $39.99. Not dirt cheap but its there. They also had 520 round spam cans for .45$ a round
    Thanks for the info. It's a drive for me but I'll remember this if I get desperate.

Reactions: MTA

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I've seen 7.62x39 in a few academies around Houston. Maybe your gun shop is still keeping crap behind the counter?

I've been to 3 different Academies , 2 in my area and 1 in Arlington. I don't go to them everyday, so they might have some but it's gone before I get there.

I did find 8 boxes at Pro Bass in Garland a couple of weeks ago and bought all of them.

I've seen plenty of 7.62x51 but they won't work in my SKS.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Wondering if my previous post is not showing up. Garland Academy has 7.62x39 in stock as of right now.

You can buy it online and then pick up in store. Max 4 Boxes per day. Not sure if that's total or per cailber...

Last edited:

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Wondering if my previous post is not showing up. Garland Academy has 7.62x39 in stock as of right now.

You can buy it online and then pick up in store. Max 4 Boxes.
    Interesting. I know where I'll be in the morning.

Thanks.

I've been working during the day and not able to go shopping until after 4 PM or on the weekends. Now that I've retired, for the 3rd time, I'll have more time to look around.

Top Bottom