• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    By your logic, then Donald Trump is dirty and deserves prison time for failing to fully drain the swamp. Every time you guys trot out that whole situation with the government the Ukrainians kicked out when they elected Zelenzky as the anti-corruption (and coincidentally, anti-Russian influence) candidate, you react the same way when you're presented with non-Russian favoring facts. Or, as Havoc loves to do, you trot out claims of the current Ukrainian government squirreling away billions overseas, citing sources that, if you follow the trail of links, all originate with the Kremlin's media outlets.

But hey, if we can't trust the mouthpieces of an oligarchy centered around the cult of personality of a former KGB stooge who has on multiple occasions expressed his admiration of Josef Stalin and his desire to reclaim all of the Soviet Union's former territories, who can you trust?
    What bullshit. "You guys"? I don't even know who the hell you are arguing with. I'm simply saying that nations have interests, survival being near the top. And that when you take actions you would be wise to consider the logical consequences of your actions. It's something you try and teach little children.
    ARJ Defense ad

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    What bullshit. "You guys"? I don't even know who the hell you are arguing with. I'm simply saying that nations have interests, survival being near the top. And that when you take actions you would be wise to consider the logical consequences of your actions. It's something you try and teach little children.

The other thing we try to teach little children (pay attention now) is that when they make assertions, they need to back them up with fact - which you have consistently failed to do every time you've tried to declare a Great Truth in your ranting.

So, once again. I ask you to provide a non-Kremlin originating source for your assertion that Russian victory is guaranteed.

Also, provide one non-Russian originating source to the Putinism you spouted off about former Soviet republics seeking stability and closer ties to the west somehow being a "dagger to the throat" of Russia.

Or, hell, the one I REALLY want to see: A non-Russian orginating source for your frankly insane claim that the primary Soviet foreign policy goal "since WW2 has been to maintain a buffer (ie neutral or client states) in the plains to their east that provide easy invasion routes." (Your exact words, not mine).

Back just ONE of these asinine assertions up with a single shred of fact. And I mean fact, not Putin's propaganda or neo-Soviet revisionism. If not, I'll continue to laugh at everything you say...comrade.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    So what has been the outcome of the Obama administration backing the seizure of power by one Ukrainian faction in 2014? The country and economy are in ruins, massive numbers of people are dead or have left (many likely never to return), a large amount of territory has been lost, etc. Brilliant! Let's do it again!
    Certainly many have profited, and some interests have been advanced, but for Ukraine generally it looks like a big negative to me. Prove me wrong.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Duck that question! Duck! Duck!

In other words, you can't provide any facts to back up your assertions (that just happen to line up 100% with Russian propaganda) so you'll deflect. Here's a newsflash...the Obama administration did as little as they could back in 2014 to let Russia do whatever they wanted in Ukraine. This is why Crimea has been under illegal Russian control since then. The Ukrainians begged for weapons, Obama sent blankets and MRE's. Please endeavor to get just one fact right once in a while.

Now, about those sources to back up your many claims? I'm waiting.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    I never said the Obama administration provided weapons to Ukraine. I said they backed one faction seizing control. They also, btw, hand picked the new government, as communications subsequently made public revealed.
    And nothing is guaranteed in life, and you’re welcome to make longshot bets if you want. You’re also welcome to convince me Ukraine is going to win if you can. Based on what, hope and prayers? My fundamental argument has always been that Ukraine cannot win alone, and that the support they’ve gotten thus far will only result in an extended war of attrition that favors the larger more populous country over the smaller.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    But are you willing to say that russia is not justified in invading Ukraine and continuing to intentionally attack civilians?

Saying "russia/putin isnt justified in attacking Ukraine" doesn't obligate you to support sending out taxes there.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Never said they were...just that it is not our responsibility.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    The equivalent here is a predator murdering or raping a victim because of their supposed "need". They blame the victim for calling the police or for giving them an funny look or for wearing such sexy clothes. Sure, its only natural... it is anything but natural and is disgusting that the invasion of a sovereign, peaceful country, the intentional murder and rape of its civilians, the wide spread murder of catured soldiers in contravention to the established laws of war could be defended as "natural".

As I said before: Only someone accustomed to evil could excuse russia's actions as anything but evil.
    684fde9f2355b4a18873e12e1ecb1ebb.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    My fundamental argument has always been that Ukraine cannot win alone, and that the support they’ve gotten thus far will only result in an extended war of attrition that favors the larger more populous country over the smaller.
    From a completely amoral, USA-first point of view, an extended war of attrition is not a bad thing. The more blood Russia pours onto Ukrainian soil, the less they will have to spare on the trek to Warsaw.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    From a completely amoral, USA-first point of view, an extended war of attrition is not a bad thing. The more blood Russia pours onto Ukrainian soil, the less they will have to spare on the trek to Warsaw.
    Why do you think there is going to be a trek to Warsaw? I read on the internet that Russia is the weaker military in Ukraine. Those of us that didn’t need someone to tell us what to think about Putin’s interview with Tucker remember him admitting that invading Poland would be a terrible decision on his part.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    Russia is struggling to make headway in Ukraine. Attacking NATO seems unlikely. But I do wonder if the US gov't does favor an extended war in order to bleed Russia.
    BTW, most people know that Italy is in demographic decline (ie no longer enough people of childbearing age to maintain anywhere near their current population). Not so many know that Germany and Russia are as well (albeit not as severely as Italy). Russia's ability to aggressively field an army is sunsetting.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...him admitting that invading Poland would be a terrible decision on his part.
    Which is just as reliable as when he denied that the men in green, unmarked uniforms who walked into...where was that place he invaded? There have been so many...and then later had a great guffaw with a Russian news interviewer about how "of course" those were Russian troops.

Dakar34

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    Houston
    Which is just as reliable as when he denied that the men in green, unmarked uniforms who walked into...where was that place he invaded? There have been so many...and then later had a great guffaw with a Russian news interviewer about how "of course" those were Russian troops.
    So many? When I look it up, Putin came to power in 1999 and they started the 2nd Chechen War, but the region was still officially part of the Russian Federation and the war was to re-establish actual control. They invaded Georgia in 2008. Syria etc they were fighting in support of the existing gov't. We might not want to get into that particular criticism, as arguably we've "gone into" more countries than that w/o an existing gov't invite in the same time period. But of course we're always doing it for their own good.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    The thing is, the people pushing pro proxy war propaganda are shotgunning narratives, which are sometimes conflicting, hoping that at least one of them will convince people that they should support the proxy war. The world knows that Russia can not invade Poland without getting curb stomped, so why try to push that narrative as justification for the proxy war?

Top Bottom