Hurley's Gold

What reasonable gun do you want, but haven't pulled the trigger on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Really considering selling my Girsan M9 clone for a Tisas Aviator....those things are NICE....

$395
    needs to be in cart for price. That is aluminuminum frame version.
    ARJ Defense ad

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX

$395
    needs to be in cart for price. That is aluminuminum frame version.
    Very nice looking picture,
    But the description in specifications shows: Caliber .45ACP
    The heading and block at the bottom of page shows correctly 9mm.
    This is really a good price. Turkish money has devalued a lot in past 5 years. But they are capable of making good firearms.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Very nice looking picture,
    But the description in specifications shows: Caliber .45ACP
    The heading and block at the bottom of page shows correctly 9mm.
    This is really a good price. Turkish money has devalued a lot in past 5 years. But they are capable of making good firearms.

The 9mm is what I want. Thought I linked it. Sorry for the confusion....

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    The 9mm is what I want. Thought I linked it. Sorry for the confusion....
    It is 9mm correctly in 2 places, but in one it shows 45ACP. Suspect they use only 1 image for both calibers and did not illustrate both images.

From dealer web page, Note:
    "Product titles, pictures and descriptions may not be accurate. You will be required to confirm that the SKU, Model, and UPC for the items you are ordering are correct during final checkout. See Store Policies for details."

Last edited:

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    It is 9mm correctly in 2 places, but in one it shows 45ACP. Suspect they use only 1 image for both calibers and did not illustrate both images.

From dealer web page, Note:
    "Product titles, pictures and descriptions may not be accurate. You will be required to confirm that the SKU, Model, and UPC for the items you are ordering are correct during final checkout. See Store Policies for details."
    Great catch, TX! They offer both, same price. Buy both, then decide. :what:

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Great catch, TX! They offer both, same price. Buy both, then decide. :what:

Have you done business with that company? I have never heard of them. Turkey is trying to break into markets in the USA, their economy is a disaster, very high inflation. If Erdogan the Islamist was not the President (aka Dictator) of Turkey I would not feel bad doing business with them.

I recently bought some old fashioned cake shaving soap that was made in Turkey, Williams shaving soap went our of business a few years ago, and I still shave with a mug and brush. It is very hard to find. Before that, I bought some made in China. The Chinese shaving soap was soft, but it lathered easily and did the job. I have not tried the Turkish soap yet, but it looks good.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Still shopping for components to build a lightweight 10/22

It’s fun looking at the options

It‘s not cost effective (can buy one with all the upgrades I want for cheaper)… but just like the ARs I assembled… it’s fun to mix and match and build a unique one

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Have you done business with that company? I have never heard of them.
    Unfortunately I have done biz with Family Firearms and they were top-notch. They didn't charge me sales tax, but I'm not sure if that is still the case. They regularly sell below my dealer's cost somehow- volume?

Anytime you'd like to see if place is legit, search name + Reddit + fu

Read reviews, most negative stuff is from ban states upset about their laws, etc.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So USPS shows they delivered my DOE upper at 2:28 to the front porch. I did receive my 4 new Colt's SMG magazines, they were in the box. I sure as hell cannot find any box on my front porch. I sure hope that lazy bitch did not slip it onto a bag & hang to from my out going mail flag like she has been doing.

I all ready contacted the guy who built it. Tomorrow at 8:30 I'm calling the post office. Perhaps it went back with her on the truck, she better hope so!

I order this back in December on the 18th. Having to wait that long again just aint going to work for me. Just more reason to look down on out government.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Unfortunately I have done biz with Family Firearms and they were top-notch. They didn't charge me sales tax, but I'm not sure if that is still the case. They regularly sell below my dealer's cost somehow- volume?

Anytime you'd like to see if place is legit, search name + Reddit + fu

Read reviews, most negative stuff is from ban states upset about their laws, etc.
    Glad to know that. I like those kinds of companies.

On the web today many are not real, just scams. Makes you appreciate the solid businesses, especially the Non-Corporate type.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    I have never bought anything from them, but here is what appears to be the Turkish company outlet.

Here is the shaving soap:

If you can find them at Drug Emporium, you might get a great deal. They buy right on a lot of things.

I buy my Personna double edge razor blades in a 100 pk for something like $18. That lasts me a year or two. Bought my last 2 orders from an place on Ebay. There is not other blade I even consider now. Very sharp, each blade wrapped in waxed paper cover. When you use a blade take the new wax paper and fold it over the old razor blade and Scotch tape it shut. Throw it right in the trash.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom