Capitol Armory ad

What reasonable gun do you want, but haven't pulled the trigger on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    There’s a used 45acp Dan Wesson Silverback 1911 that caught my eye at a local shop.

A little higher than my normal range of “reasonable” but it’s a good price for it.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    My MT husband is 6' 1" tall - muscular for his age (He WALKS and he works out for his UPPER BODY STRENGTH.) and several years ago he started to wear suspenders with his leather belt. He wears jeans and he USED to wear some cargo type of pants too. He does have a tummy on him.

My husband and I are in our 70's too.

He used to carry MUCH HEAVIER HANDGUNS concealed or open carry depending on what he was doing and where he was going.

So with a LEATHERMAN or SAK multi tool kit ALWAYS on his leather belt AND a knife in his pocket - adding a 357Magnum or a 45acp pistol (Sometimes a 45Long Colt or a 454Casull - open carry.) - he carried a LOT of weight on his body when it came to VERY specific handguns.

Old Lady Cate
    Thanks.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Don't worry about being labeled a nut case, that just means you're ready. The same woketards that would call you a nut case are the same ones that, when the shit hits the fan, will be demanding you protect them and give them your food and water. Those of us on this forum will be the lords and knights of our realms.
    I don't live in an urban environment. But crap spills over everywhere. Have reloaded ammo since I was a young boy, hunted with the men (dad and his WWII buddies) from the time I was 12. We are not newcomers here. Life is certainly not the same today as then. Best to you and your family. Merry Christmas.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Merry Christmas brother

Shit, my bad. Link didn’t open up to the specific gun.

Here’s what I was referring to. M11A1 with a factory threaded barrel for $748. Comes out to $810 shipped.
    12de004613b572ce88595476b544985c.jpg

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    View attachment 422078

I gave in. Probably the last time I’ll find a DW for that price in this good condition. Probably will have to refrain from buying anything else for a bit.
    Do yourself a favor, get Wilson Combat mags. DW mags as a whole are crap. I bought my VBOB and neither one of the DW mags would function. Put a WC in and enjoyment and happiness follows.

mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Do yourself a favor, get Wilson Combat mags. DW mags as a whole are crap. I bought my VBOB and neither one of the DW mags would function. Put a WC in and enjoyment and happiness follows.
    Thanks, I was kind of wondering about that. If the quality of their magazines compared to the quality of the pistol itself.

Cassivellaunus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2023
    Arlington, TX
    Question about the CZ 75B, I seem to remember the one I had back in the 90's had a 15 round staggered mag. All the new ones I'm seeing have a 10 round mag. Am I remembering that correctly? If so, will the new ones take high capacity mags?

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Question about the CZ 75B, I seem to remember the one I had back in the 90's had a 15 round staggered mag. All the new ones I'm seeing have a 10 round mag. Am I remembering that correctly? If so, will the new ones take high capacity mags?

Shouldn't have a problem with hi-cap mags unless it is the old pre-B CZ75. They have their own proprietary mag that's nearly impossible to find.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Full size CZ 75 has 10, 15,17and 19round mags available for 9mm. Or something like that

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

bigwojman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2023
    Houston
    Do it. I got on the Grendel bandwagon a long time ago. Won an upper in a TGT meetup a long time ago (hmm, early Hicksville - definitely 10+ years ago). Built an AR, loved it so much, got a bolt Howa mini action on it. It's, to me, a fantastic cartridge. I like shooting long range and it delivers there. It's got enough ummph to take down most animals. Recoil is nothing.
    Thanks for the reply!

TiradorTico

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2021
    Tomball
    Forgive my preposition at the end of a sentence - "on which you haven't pulled a trigger" just doesn't seem normal. I keep looking at the "What gun did you buy today?" thread. For me, I'm thinking about getting a S&W 617 4". I keep looking at the guns on https://theshooterscorner.com/benchrest-rifles/. That place will really f'k me up. Kimber of Oregon - pretty much anything. CZ 453 with a set trigger, 1860 Army black powder revolver, H&K P7, SIG P210, P365 XL, 20 gauge Belgian A5....

I haven't bought a gun in a while, but the itch is growing. What are y'all craving? Exclude stuff like Korth revolvers (probably my P7)
    I like your taste

Top Bottom