Gun Zone Deals

What reasonable gun do you want, but haven't pulled the trigger on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris.Blaschke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2009
    Richmond
    I have wanted a Ruger Single Six since I was a kid. I decided to go ahead and buy one. Then I found out they are around $700. Not sure why I need one. I have a S&W 617 with a six inch barrel that I bought right before my FFL expired in the mid 80's.
    Target Sports

psledoux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2015
    My next EDC will be a Glock43X with a threaded barrel and a Suarez International "Street Comp" and a Holosun 507K ACSS Vulcan (green reticle). Shield Arms S15 magazines. I plan on upgrading the internals with ZevTech, including the trigger. Much thinner profile than my current Glock 19 (all Zev Tech).

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I don’t understand why I never bought the basic, plain-Jane CZ 75B. I love the classic and very “old school” pistols…. old 1911’s, Hi-Powers, Beretta 92’s, Makorov’s, Walthers.

I need a CZ 75B.
    Hello,

I was looking at that exact model online for my husband several months ago and recently.

I spoke to our MAIN dealer - our FFL man and good friend about the NIB model too.

My husband goes to the range with one of his best friends, exercise buddies and custom knife maker. That older man does have a CZ pistol like you are talking about and/or one a bit smaller. My husband has shot that friend's guns and that man has shot my husband's guns too. NOT all of them but many of them.

The ONE that I was looking for was the ORIGINAL SIZE, flagship model and in the CLASSIC CZ 75 B model.

IN a 10 ROUND magazine. They come both ways when it comes to magazine capacity.

I was looking at the CZ 75B and a couple of other CLASSIC and quality brand names and designs for him.

He DOES carry his Glock pistols in 45acp and in .380 calibers too.

On Thursday, after my husband's early morning gym/walk time, he went to the range with his older close friend. My husband goes to the range once or more times a week.

Our range:

He shot and cleaned his Beretta Bobcat 21A Inox, his Ruger Wrangler, his North American Arms 'baby gun' (LOL - it is my name for it.), and his Glock 42.

He did not shoot any of his rifles on Thursday.

My husband did get out of ALL of his 9mm handguns, sweet Generation 3 GLOCK Model 19 pistols which he did LOVE (Me too.) but when HE Downsized and Consolidated ALL of his (I did this too.) firearms - ALL of the the 9 caliber guns and SEVERAL OTHER CALIBER guns went bye bye,

At the time, he KEPT his TWO 45acp GLOCK PISTOLS (30SF) - now down to ONE of them, a couple of his 22lr handguns and he ADDED a couple there and eventually he did get ONE and now two, GLOCK 42 .380 pistols. HE LOVES the Glock 42 and I gave him Christmas money to get ANOTHER one a couple of months ago. So he has matching Glock 42 pistols. My dealer special ordered it for him.

Anyway, there are a couple of CLASSIC pistols that he has been looking at and IF he should decide to get something else - I SUPPORT HIM in his decision.

Sometimes, he will get something new and decide to sell or GIFT a gun when he gets something new.

Sometimes he keeps them and there is NO sale or gift.

I have NO clue what he will do and it is UP to HIM since it will be his gun decision and not mine.

I no longer shoot, own or carry handguns.

Take care and if you get that CZ 75B CLASSIC PISTOL - please let us know how it performs for you and if you like it. Favorite ammo, etc.

My husband said that his old friend's CZ pistol shot VERY well and felt GOOD IN HIS OWN HANDS when he got to try it out. My husband's old hands do have some ISSUES and they NEVER used to be that way.

Way, way back when especially when he competed and shot SEVERAL TIMES A WEEK even with much LARGER CALIBERS and in many styles of guns - many years ago. His crazy 24/7 job work schedule changed too. LONG before he retired.

Take care!

Old Lady Cate

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Yes, yes you do.

And a compact, and a Phantom, and an SP01. View attachment 420949

When you get a CZ, get it Cajunized. Thank me later.

Pretty pistols. Thank you for sharing.

What do you mean by getting the guns CAJUNIZED?

I know what a Cajun means but not the way this pertains to GUNS.

Excuse my ignorance. Thank you.

Does it have something to do with your humidity down south?

Old Lady Cate in Western Montana

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Thank you. I'm not tall and not heavy, but I have enough belly to make belt sag when it is caring heavy weight. My 357 mag revolver is over 3 pounds. I love shooting it, best feel and trigger ever shot. Talked on phone to a gunsmith today, we grew up together, I was 2 years older. Had similar conversation as ours with him. I may go see him tomorrow. If I could get over the necessary stopping power issue with the 9mm, I might still go that way. I'll be 76 this month, it is a shame we are having such conversations. But I think it is necessary, even where I live, in small town.

My MT husband is 6' 1" tall - muscular for his age (He WALKS and he works out for his UPPER BODY STRENGTH.) and several years ago he started to wear suspenders with his leather belt. He wears jeans and he USED to wear some cargo type of pants too. He does have a tummy on him.

My husband and I are in our 70's too.

He used to carry MUCH HEAVIER HANDGUNS concealed or open carry depending on what he was doing and where he was going.

So with a LEATHERMAN or SAK multi tool kit ALWAYS on his leather belt AND a knife in his pocket - adding a 357Magnum or a 45acp pistol (Sometimes a 45Long Colt or a 454Casull - open carry.) - he carried a LOT of weight on his body when it came to VERY specific handguns.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Oooh - Blackpowder rifles are so much fun. I shoot one built in the 1800's, and with a .50 caliber ball, it's a tackdriver. Crazy what those things could do.
    At my old Sportsman's Club in my former state, I shot with men of all ages. It was in another county but about 11 some miles from my very rural driveway.

The one man who was my late husband's age and a Nam Vet like my husband was too, wanted me to shoot at a HIGH POWER rifle shoot. Another story - another time and I shot one of his rifles. HE BEGGED ME TO COME and he wanted more females - ladies to JOIN the club and shoot too. Same as other clubs that I visited with friends in that state and in a couple of other ones.

Anyway, that same MAN had several black powder rifles and two of them that I DO remember were in famous designs out of PA and KY. He brought them to one of our monthly meetings and when a bunch of us were 'shooting the breeze' and drinking coffee after one cold night but it was warm in the club house - he brought them out for me to see. They were beautiful. He had other ones but two of them were shown to me that night.

My former gun store man (Favorite salesman back east!) was FAMOUS for his competition and Black Powder shooting. He had one of his famous rifles in a GLASS CASE on the wall of his Dad's store. That store was about 30 to 33 miles ONE WAY via a turnpike from my former house. Great store and people! The Father, another military man, did die years ago.

When we gifted a CZ rifle to my/our friend who is like a NEPHEW TO ME - I used that SAME STORE and had it shipped from our Montana FFL man to that FFL dealer.

Old Lady Cate

Typo!

Last edited:

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Pretty pistols. Thank you for sharing.

What do you mean by getting the guns CAJUNIZED?

I know what a Cajun means but not the way this pertains to GUNS.

Excuse my ignorance. Thank you.

Does it have something to do with your humidity down south?

Old Lady Cate in Western Montana
    Cajun Gun works West Monroe La. The things they can do to CZ's.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Sounds like you need a better holster and belt, not necessarily a new platform you have trust issues with.

Adding back to the intended purpose of this thread, a Beretta over/under 12 Guage. Or an older Browning .

This. I agree with you on the better holster, BELT and even suspenders too.

Since YOU mentioned a Beretta shotgun and I know that I have said this here (?) or elsewhere in the PAST... I FELL IN LOVE WITH A BERETTA o/u shotgun in the MODEL 686 (?) SILVER PIGEON YEARS AGO at the now closed up RONAN, MT gun store up by FLATHEAD LAKE close to POLSON, MT.

I never did BUY it but it was one that I could actually HANDLE WELL even though it was heavy (To me.) and it did NOT FEEL STIFF but totally SMOOTH in opening the 'action' if that is how shotguns are worded when you LOAD the shotgun.

I never owned or bought a shotgun but I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the LOOKS of old fashioned over/under shotguns, side by side shotguns AND single shot shotguns - OLD and classic LOOKS and the wood/steel on them!

I have ONLY shot a FEW shotguns in my entire life too. ONCE BACK EAST and a FEW out here in MT.

That BERETTA SILVER PIGEON o/u shotgun came in a .410 BORE and in a 20 Gauge too.

Plus in the standard 12 Gauge and I think in a 28 one (?) too.

That RONAN store sold MANY BERETTA SHOTGUNS - top selling store.

They sold other BRAND NAMES and models/actions too.

My husband sold his final and LAST shotgun up there in RONAN on consignment with a FULL IN STORE CREDIT and it went FAST!

It was his former Remington Model 870 Marine Magnum in a 12 gauge. Pump action. He sold his other shotguns and the WINGMASTER (Pretty wood!) one or ones (?) before I knew him. He did NOT OWN as many shotguns in his life as he did when it came to his rifles and handguns but he owned several brands and styles.

Take care!

Blessings to you and yours.

Catherine

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    This. I agree with you on the better holster, BELT and even suspenders too.

Since YOU mentioned a Beretta shotgun and I know that I have said this here (?) or elsewhere in the PAST... I FELL IN LOVE WITH A BERETTA o/u shotgun in the MODEL 686 (?) SILVER PIGEON YEARS AGO at the now closed up RONAN, MT gun store up by FLATHEAD LAKE close to POLSON, MT.

I never did BUY it but it was one that I could actually HANDLE WELL even though it was heavy (To me.) and it did NOT FEEL STIFF but totally SMOOTH in opening the 'action' if that is how shotguns are worded when you LOAD the shotgun.

I never owned or bought a shotgun but I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the LOOKS of old fashioned over/under shotguns, side by side shotguns AND single shot shotguns - OLD and classic LOOKS and the wood/steel on them!

I have ONLY shot a FEW shotguns in my entire life too. ONCE BACK EAST and a FEW out here in MT.

That BERETTA SILVER PIGEON o/u shotgun came in a .410 BORE and in a 20 Gauge too.

Plus in the standard 12 Gauge and I think in a 28 one (?) too.

That RONAN store sold MANY BERETTA SHOTGUNS - top selling store.

They sold other BRAND NAMES and models/actions too.

My husband sold his final and LAST shotgun up there in RONAN on consignment with a FULL IN STORE CREDIT and it went FAST!

It was his former Remington Model 870 Marine Magnum in a 12 gauge. Pump action. He sold his other shotguns and the WINGMASTER (Pretty wood!) one or ones (?) before I knew him. He did NOT OWN as many shotguns in his life as he did when it came to his rifles and handguns but he owned several brands and styles.

Take care!

Blessings to you and yours.

Catherine
    Yes I concur heartily. I will have to pick up a over/under Beretta one day.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    <>

I’ve had Walther PPK’s & PPKS’s all my life and never coud hit anything with them.

But they are good-looking classics and carry easily. . . . . . . .

Ian Fleming originally had James Bond carrying a .25ACP; but when they began making ‘’Bond Movies’’, the Directors feared that a .25 would sissify Bond.

<>

I never bought/owned or even SHOT a WALTHER pistol but I have thought of buying something that JAMES BOND owned and shot in his books and old movies.

And now, I do not even shoot handguns! Oh well.

That was on a LIST for my MT husband.

Old Lady Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Speaking of holsters:

The ONLY holsters that I really liked and did USE on a regular basis were in 2 types.

In town, around town, in my own yard and OUT of town too. Woods/wilderness.

SHOULDER holsters and in ONE good COWBOY STYLE leather BELT and in matching leather holsters.

They were comfortable to me even with a HEAVIER gun or where the barrel of the gun was longer than my usual 6 or 6.5 inches. My former Ruger BLACKHAWK in 45Long Colt had a 7.5 inch barrel.

This goes for my former HEAVIER and sweet SMITH and WESSON d/a revolvers and RUGER single action revolvers.

The weight of the guns were NOT an issue for me at the TIME due to the BALANCE of the gun, how it was carried by ME and HOW the HOLSTER FIT ME - shoulder carry or belt/holster carry. JEANS, shorts and even with a skirt and sweater.

The other styles of holsters did not impress me. They may FIT and WORK for other ladies and gentlemen but I did not care for them.

SOME of the Galco and Bianchi good leather holsters that belonged to my MT husband were nice.

He had some other nice leather brand name SHOULDER holsters that worked for him for his other pistols - pistols that I did NOT ever own style wise, caliber wise and brand name wise.

He was and still IS a shoulder holster man for MANY of his guns. Others fit on his GOOD leather belt and much, much smaller ones fit in his pocket.

Shoulder holsters in LEATHER (Bianchi or Galco.) or in the black webbed fabric made by UNCLE MIKE'S brand worked for ME.

The TRIPLE K cowboy style leather belt with a leather holster worked for ME.

The TRIPLE K brand comes in various styles (Leather.) and they worked with RUGER single six convertibles (22lr/22wmr) and for the RUGER BLACKHAWK in 45Long Colt and 357Magnum. That is what I owned and used.

Out of the 2 holster STYLES that I liked the most when it came to shoulder holsters or cowboy style - I LIKED THE COWBOY STYLE THE MOST due to my range of motion, old accident issue, how it FELT MORE BALANCED TO ME using the Triple K and not having the shoulder holster and specific guns that close to my boob even though I am NOT big in that area.

So having a GUN on my hip with a good leather belt ALWAYS, always felt more comfortable to me using a d/a revolver or a s/a revolver. But I did CARRY some d/a revolvers with NO problems using a SHOULDER HOLSTER for some time even on hikes and in the woods/wilderness too.

I used a GOOD fanny pack sometimes too. Black leather one meant for carry and another good sturdy outdoor fabric one. I used them for the S&W Model 60 and for the S&W Model 317 KIT GUN. My former S&W KIT gun did NOT have the ugly optic green front sight on it like they make NOW.

I am only 5' 3" tall and not big so what works for ME or USED to work for ME may not work for any other lady or gentleman.

Old Lady Cate
    PS: The nice LEATHER holster that fit on a good leather belt for the Glock 19, back east, was a Bianchi or a Galco. I am pretty sure it was a Bianchi brand but I CRS now.

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don’t understand why I never bought the basic, plain-Jane CZ 75B. I love the classic and very “old school” pistols…. old 1911’s, Hi-Powers, Beretta 92’s, Makorov’s, Walthers.

I need a CZ 75B.
    Here’s the CZ75 BD for a decent price:

Cassivellaunus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2023
    Arlington, TX
    Thank you for the history lesson. I traveled for a living for 40 years, wholesale distribution. Most of that time I had a pistol in car. Only had to produce a weapon 2 times in my life. Neither time did I have to fire a weapon, but the 2nd time the threat was serious enough I was prepared. Drew down and threat ended.

I know we do not live in normal times for the USA. I know who to blame for this chaos. I have a very nice 357 mag revolver but am contemplating something that is easier to conceal. I've never been impressed with 9mm stopping power and I do not spend much time away from home any more. I am currently researching the maximum bullet cycling weight on a couple of 9mm semiauto's. In urban setting I could load my 357 with 38+P loads and 158 gr XTP bullets, but it is a heavy gun and 5-1/2" barrel. Have nice holster made specifically for this gun, made in South Africa.

I am a little concerned about the border invasion and the Freedom Haters in DC engineering chaos to justify subjecting us all to despotism. So, I want to prepare as much as possible without becoming known as a nut case. There are some Fed groups who are already zeroed on those who shoot, hunt and reload. I get enough of their crap already.

Dave K.
    Don't worry about being labeled a nut case, that just means you're ready. The same woketards that would call you a nut case are the same ones that, when the shit hits the fan, will be demanding you protect them and give them your food and water. Those of us on this forum will be the lords and knights of our realms.

Top Bottom