Military Camp

What reasonable gun do you want, but haven't pulled the trigger on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mm54943

Not So Well Known...
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Fort Bend area
    Not that I’ll be making any purchases anytime soon but I’m curious about the Walther PDP.

But I already own a PPQ and not sure it’s worth dropping the cash for only a few subtle differences.
    Target Sports

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Peoples keep talkin and the 6.5 Grendel slowly keeps crawling towards my interest radar. Dammit peoples!! Just keep talkin.
    Just put a SWFA 12x scope on my Howa Grendel. Like it even more. Shooting a 3/4 plate at 400+ yards is boring. Is that enough talking?

Kbone70

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2022
    Prosper
    Recently got intro'd to a Steyr Aug and love the balanced feel of the rifle. Almost bought one this past weekend at the mesquite gun show just didnt get the price I was willing to go to from the seller, so I am on the hunt again.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Recently got intro'd to a Steyr Aug and love the balanced feel of the rifle. Almost bought one this past weekend at the mesquite gun show just didnt get the price I was willing to go to from the seller, so I am on the hunt again.
    Two must have upgrades, the steyr red springs and the suppressor gas plug

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Thanks for the recommendations, looks like for sure I will get the springs once I get a rifle.
    Even if you don't suppress it, the suppressed gas plug really helps. The aug is extraordinarily over gassed. Make sure you get the standard aug, not the NATO version

Davmor19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2023
    Allen
    Got it thanks for the insight now need to add that to the list.
    I have always had my eye on the Aug too. I ended up with a Tavor and like it. Let us know what you think….I might have to put the Aug back on my list!

Are the springs for the trigger? I have heard you can upgrade the trigger now.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I have always had my eye on the Aug too. I ended up with a Tavor and like it. Let us know what you think….I might have to put the Aug back on my list!

Are the springs for the trigger? I have heard you can upgrade the trigger now.
    There are a few potential upgrades for the AUG trigger, the steyr red springs replace the sear and hammer springs.

You can also get replacement triggers, and replacement sears but that effects drop safety and I'm not fond of having a metal sear contacting a polymer hammer

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I've always wanted a Russian SKS or Arsenal AK but I'm not willing to pay today's prices. Luckily I get great joy shooting my VZ58s and my MAC90 is a hoot too. The Zastava AK is a heavy beast and just collects dust. Too many guns and only 2 trigger fingers, that's my biggest dilemma.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom