• ...and so much more!
  • Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    That would be a pretty far stretch. IMO

Between the fact our government has no idea how to control spending and the fact that there are about 500M guns in America; you wouldn't think it plausible to consider the left attempting to spend their way out of a "problem" by spending $200B to "confiscate" them? That's not that much money in the grand scheme of things.

It may not be a far and wide sweeping operation, but in small areas to dilute the concentration of firearms before any significant door-knocking occurs, I would consider it plausible. It could even be passed quietly for execution based on the money being used to "stimulate local economies."

That said, as many guns are made every day and put back into the system, I'd have to say that IF this were plausible, it'd have to be targeted towards unregistered firearms.

Then again...guns trade hands so often person to person, it'd be hard to stop that too, but I'm not sure if you can legally sell a firearm to an individuals without filing through your local FFL, like you can in Texas.

So...maybe it's just a California thing? They had a "sell your guns back, no questions asked" public affair a few years ago didn't they?
    Gun Zone Deals

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    foilhat.jpg

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    If not echoing all the hysterical, fear-mongering, anti-government, internet Ninja rantings that are so popular on this forum makes me a troll...guilty.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    You kin to Lox, Nate? I'd swear he posted that same thing minus the Ninja part... Just curious, I for one respect and trust my hysterical, fear-mongering Government, no, wait

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas

Hmmm, while I agree with his position on trolls his argument is fallacy. What he perceives a preponderance of evidence making him inarguably correct may also be simply his [incorrect] interpretation. He extrapolates data to reach a (apparently preconceived) conclusion asserting this truth unassailable despite the possibility he too, could just be wrong.

Top Bottom