Patriot Mobile

1 Yr. Anniversary Meet - April 5th - Houston, TX (Vid on page 12)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I just realized it's on a Sunday. I'm going to see if I can get away for a few hours, anyway.
    Lynx Defense

flashguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    It's not only Sunday, it's Palm Sunday, one of the major events in the Christian calendar. With my church commitments, any event on a Sunday is definitely a no-show for me. Over the years I have decided that most shooters don't go to church, or at least that their commitment is very low. (Perhaps they are all Roman Catholic and go to early Mass?)

flashguy

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Over the years I have decided that most shooters don't go to church, or at least that their commitment is very low.

That pretty much describes me. I DO believe in GOD, I just don't go visit him at his house like I should. Of course this subject probably dosen't belong on this thread.

txpolecat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Whatever, I'm not religious but I do know that jesus taught to worship in your own home, and that going to church to be seen as a penitent was the ultimate vanity.

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area

OK, I'm golden. Pulled off the great gift to the wife for her B-day this week. So now I can do what I want this weekend as long as I go to a show with her on Sat night, after the GR Brown Gun Show of course.
    I'm so bad...

shilohshooters

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    north houston
    WWJD on April 5th?

OK, so the question has been posed, WWJD? Well, I like to think that Jesus shoots too. I also like to think that he's a Sig enthusiast ( yes, I know that the 1911 is God's gun, and Sig makes a helluva nice one! ) and would be excited at the opportunity to try out all of Sig's different models. Not to mention, the event is really about giving, as this is a beef jerky drive for our sponsored First Cavalry unit in Iraq. So, we are celebrating God's greatness with friendship, fellowship with like-minded people, gunfire, and charity. That's the way I see it and that pretty much takes care of my Catholic guilt...

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    :patriot:
    Well I'm Baptist. So, If some of us get to together and say a prayer for the First Cavalry soldiers that’s a church gathering to me. Only if you want to, I’m sure no one will force anyone to pray. Also I agree that the 1911 is Gods gun.

For God, Country, Family, and then State.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Well, even though we have a new baby around, my wife is practically insisting that I should be there. So it looks as though I'll be able to play along this time and have some good clean fun with my fellow enthusiasts as long as something unexpected doesn't come up. I am certainly hoping there will be a Sig P220DAK for me to play with. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys/gals!

P.S. How much ammo should I bring?

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    Anyone going to bring an HK USC/UMP in 45ACP????? I've always wanted to shoot one.

shiloh, are you going to have ammo there for us to buy????? and what prices can we expect????

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Well, somehow, I have managed to miss a car payment and my discretionary fund is now empty, and I refuse to dip into savings. Long story short, I'll be unable to attend. Y'all have fun and shoot a few for me.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    juwaba you cant miss out on this event, if you can make it I will spot you
    50 rds of 9mm or .45.

That is a very kind and generous offer. However, ammo is not the problem (I have plenty). I can't justify the gas expenditure. I may try and see what I can come up with, but I doubt I can pull anything out of my hat to help me justify the trip. Don't forget I'm married with a 2 1/2yo and a 7day old. As much as I was looking forward to being there I just don't know if I can swing it. If I wasn't an idiot, there wouldn't have been an issue. Again thanks for the offer, but if I can make it there I won't need it.

Top Bottom