• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    :( mah guns aint girly.

Just teasing you, since you asked for "jabs".

Just what are you trying to say about girls?

See above.

My wife and all my girls shoot; my 15-year-old is a deadly shot with a full-size 1911 .45, she can knock down steel plates at 25 yards all day long with one.

Everyone needs a 1911.

Absolutely! But they're like Lay's potato chips - betcha can't own just one.

...everyone should own a 1911 is because ... the trigger travel is so short, its kind of hard to not be accurate with a 1911.

Yep, it's all about the trigger. Nothing shoots as sweet as a 1911, and I can shoot mine much more accurately than anything else I've ever shot or owned. They also fit my hands better than more modern pistols. Plus I'm an old guy and somewhat of a traditionalist so I like shooting a piece of real steel, not tupperware. :)

LHB1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Houston
    I will agree that the trigger pull of a good 1911 is great, but right out of the box the single action trigger pulls on S&W N,K,L frame double action revolvers are as good or better. Guess that is why these are my favorite 4 pistol types.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    grrr i just put a buncha parts on my 1911 but the best part, the grips, didnt fit!!! my ambi safety wouldnt allow it to fit even though they are ambi cut, i guess the panel needs to be trimmed down (shortened since the ambi hits the top of it) a bit but i dont want to ruin beautiful grips so im gonna sell/trade em.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    toddpara073.jpg

just put these thin grips on mine.I was going to put some ajax grips but they have had quality issues.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i bought an extra sear and strut i think its called. i had done my first stone polish job on a RIA i had, and it worked well but i had NO CLUE what i was doing. i just looked at the parts and polished the areas that showed wear/tear.

can any of you guys show me some pics of the areas that gunsmith's usually stone polish??

and of course, i wont hold any information i got here liable if i somehow have a accident. lol. im just trying to learn.

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    Red,
    I have done a few sear polishes and have a jig from Brownells that will allow you to cut them to minimum length. I don't touch the hammer hooks as the sears are cheap (Chip McCormicks run 12-15, while a commander style hammer runs 25+) and are easily replaced. All 6 of my 1911's are under 3.5 lbs after the polish without any hammer follows. My 80's Series Government was my biggest improvement from almost 6 to 3' 2"

PM me for contact info as I live in the Near Northwest and work in Bellaire, so it does not sound like we are very far apart. I also have some slim line Gatorback grips that you might have an interest in, they came on my Sig but have huge hands and want grips as thick as possible.

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    Everyone needs a 1911.

Hell yeah.

Im looking hard at Colts and Kimbers.

I own a Kimber Eclipse Pro Carry II. I am looking for another 1911 but in a 3inch for a CCW. Anyone have a 3inch that they would recommend? I am considering an STI or Para warthog. I may even do a kimber in the ultra size. I just cant make up my mind. Just wanted to get some input on what is out there. Thanks

I really like the The Kimber Ultra Ten CDP II

Its a double-stack, 10-shot .45 ACP 3-inch

DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    Does anybody have an opinion on the Arms Corp. Rock Island 1911's? I have an OLD Colt government model with several extra (gunsmith improved) barrels and slide combo's. I am looking for a relatively inexpensive 1911 that I can put one of these competition barrel/slides on. I will probably improve the trigger also. My local gun store has a Rock Island, but I don't know much about them. Any info will help. Thanks

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I have four of them.Reliable out of the box and affordable.I shoot them more than any of my other 1911s.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    They are made by Armscor in the Phillipines and Ivan and Ray(customer reps) are located in Nevada.RIAs have a lifetime warranty and Ivan and Ray will take care of you in case something goes wrong.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    toddpara073.jpg

Heres my latest one I put slim grips on.Most aftermarket parts drop in.I customized one with wilson parts and all the parts fit.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Oh and by the way.I stuck my old Colt upper on a Rock lower and it functioned perfectly.

Top Bottom