• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Pretty sure Nikon is making a 300BO version of that scope....at least I think im pretty sure!

Sent from...wait where am I!?

I looked at that when I was scope hunting. It has 2-7x which would have been nice. They run around $180-$190, but I found the P-223 on sale for $120. I'll sight it in at 100 yds and should be good. I may end up swapping it to my .223/5.56 upper later on anyway. Maybe put the red dot on the 300blk.
    Guns International

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Last weekend I participated in the Team Hatch Air Rifle Silhouette Regional Match (a.k.a. the Chicken Coop Shoot) and knocked out a few 2017 goals (well, to some degree)...

My shooting goals for 2017...

For Air Rifle Silhouette:
    - Make "AAA" class for Target and Open Rifle.
    - Get at least one "Master" class score in any rifle.

I will compete in the Texas State Championships again but I want to hit at least two other major out-of-state matches. Nationals would be great but I can't commit to that.

NRA Silhouette differentiates between outdoor and indoor air rifle matches. The match was an indoor match so I didn't have any qualifying scores yet but my results were:

- Target Rifle: first place in "AA", won in a shoot-off.
    - Open Rifle: Second place in "AAA".
    - Sporter Rifle: Seventh out of eight in Master Class (my first Master class score!)

That's one major out-of-state match down, one Master class score, and I'm signed up to go to the Air Rifle Silhouette Nationals in Louisiana this May.

Anyone else met any goals yet?

:cowboy:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    1. Somebody poked holes in my AR500 silhouette (.44 mag less than 30yd) — replace that.
    2. Target/Varmint/Bull barrel the 7MM Mag
    3. Finish the lightweight AR build
    4. and the pistol lower that has been sitting in the safe

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Last weekend I participated in the Team Hatch Air Rifle Silhouette Regional Match (a.k.a. the Chicken Coop Shoot) and knocked out a few 2017 goals (well, to some degree)...

NRA Silhouette differentiates between outdoor and indoor air rifle matches. The match was an indoor match so I didn't have any qualifying scores yet but my results were:

- Target Rifle: first place in "AA", won in a shoot-off.
    - Open Rifle: Second place in "AAA".
    - Sporter Rifle: Seventh out of eight in Master Class (my first Master class score!)

That's one major out-of-state match down, one Master class score, and I'm signed up to go to the Air Rifle Silhouette Nationals in Louisiana this May.

Anyone else met any goals yet?

Caught up on some of my reloading. Still a bunch to go.

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Hope to participate in the American Marksman amature competition again, this year. I made it through the local qualifying match to the regional event, but had to drop out due to health issues.

Unfortunately, I'm not certain that it will take place again because thier website has not been updated since Jan, when the finals from 2016 were announced.

www.ammarksman.com

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Another 21017 goal achieved!

(snipped)

Two other goals are for the Rimfire Central Offhand Rifle Challenge:
    - Get a 25-yard score of 485 (out of 500). Best to date is 479.
    - Get a 50-yard score of 225 (out of 250). Best to date is 218.

Last week I shot a 50-yard score of 224-2X but today I shot a 226-5X! Out of the five bulls with five shots each (max possible is 50-5X) the first one was a 48-2X (three 10's and two 9's) and the last one was a 49-3X.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Thanks!

Just for some perspective...

Here's my best group on the 25-yard target (10 shots) and 50 yard target (five shots). We are using the NRA A-23 target. The innermost circle is the "X" ring, the second is the "10" ring and a nickel fits just inside the printed ring.

OHtargets%20-%201.jpg

OHtargets%20-%203.jpg

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I think This is the year I'm going to be forced to switch to revolvers for carry/defense. The diabetes is taking its toll.
    If your Doctor is telling you to change your ways, listen to him/her. The alternative is tough.
    Good thing is there are lots of helps for the range so I don't have to just let the semis sit.
    Have never felt under armed with a revolver. The wife and I checked out a pair of matching S&W Model 60's, one with a hammer one without. Only problem, I'd have to sell everything in the safe and the safe to buy them.
    So this year may be the year of the Bulldog .44 special for me. I have always wanted a big bang baby.
    Did 50 rounds out of my new Shield 9 yesterday. Great little shooter, gonna miss it. Also put 20 rounds thru the 104 year old Luger. I am always amazed at 1913 technology. It would be a good side arm today. Going to be a good year.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I think This is the year I'm going to be forced to switch to revolvers for carry/defense. The diabetes is taking its toll.
    If your Doctor is telling you to change your ways, listen to him/her. The alternative is tough.
    May I ask why? I am not very familiar with the effects of Diabetes.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    May I ask why? I am not very familiar with the effects of Diabetes.

I can't spell it, but the feet and the hands go numb. Hard to stand still as the balance impulses from the toes don't tell you you are falling over. And I have no grip. Can't work the slide. Feels like my fingers have been sanded smooth and coated with oil. I am the definition of butterfingers. Not a problem at the range as there are alternatives, but to charge a weapon, do a quick mag change, or load a magazine requires time and determination. One has to become very visual while handling things, otherwise you toss ammo all over the floor. I can't load a magazine without my Mag-Lula. I love a good 10 pound trigger because I can feel when its going to break. Revolvers have a heavy double action trigger that I like. But the worst is the effort required to work the slide.

ElevenBravo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    I can't spell it, but the feet and the hands go numb. Hard to stand still as the balance impulses from the toes don't tell you you are falling over. And I have no grip. Can't work the slide. Feels like my fingers have been sanded smooth and coated with oil. I am the definition of butterfingers. Not a problem at the range as there are alternatives, but to charge a weapon, do a quick mag change, or load a magazine requires time and determination. One has to become very visual while handling things, otherwise you toss ammo all over the floor. I can't load a magazine without my Mag-Lula. I love a good 10 pound trigger because I can feel when its going to break. Revolvers have a heavy double action trigger that I like. But the worst is the effort required to work the slide.

Neuropathy. The Mrs. has it in her legs.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    An update to my yearly goals...

The pertinent parts of my stated goals:

For Air Rifle Silhouette:
    - Make "AAA" class for Target and Open Rifle.
    - Get at least one "Master" class score in any rifle.

I will compete in the Texas State Championships again but I want to hit at least two other major out-of-state matches. Nationals would be great but I can't commit to that.

Last weekend I participated in the Air Rifle Silhouette National Championships held in Baton Rouge, LA.

Day #1, Sporter Rifle, 1st place in AAA Class.
    Day #2, Open Rifle, 1st place in AA Class.
    Day #3, Target Rifle, 2nd place in AA Class.

I used my Air Arms TX200 springer for both Sporter and Open. My second score on day #2 (Open Rifle) was 43/60, which in Open is an AAA score but in Sporter is a Master score. That score counts as my first of three AAA scores needed to progress to AAA class.

In Target I got my second AAA score. I had one previously so I only need one more to be bumped up to AAA Class

In Sporter I'm already in AAA class but will be gunning to make Master Class by the end of the year. (I need three Master class scores to move up.)

At the beginning of May we had the Texas State Smallbore Silhouette Championships in Beaumont. On the first day (Standard Rifle) I was tied for first place in AA Class, so we went to a "sudden death shoot-off" on Rams. I missed and the other guy hit, so I got second place.

On the second day (Hunter Rifle) I was fifth out of 13 in AAA Class, but generally happy with my scores.

The only other large match left to go this year is the Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette match in September. Hopefully I have some good news to report.

duckknot

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Leander, TX
    Added and accomplished a goal....purchased long range steel target and a handgun steel target!

Guy at the gunshow gave me a smokin deal!

Sent from...wait where am I!?

Top Bottom