• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trump or Biden

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Honestly, every election should be scrutinized as much as this one. They're all very important and vital to public trust.

We've sat on our asses and accepted "status quo" too long. Now buying votes, stuffing ballot boxes, rigging machines is a most accepted as standard practice.

It's just a sad state of affairs. Needs to be some accountability. Up to and including executions.

But, "what difference, at this point, does it make?"
    Texas SOT

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Honestly, every election should be scrutinized as much as this one. They're all very important and vital to public trust.

We've sat on our asses and accepted "status quo" too long. Now buying votes, stuffing ballot boxes, rigging machines is a most accepted as standard practice.

It's just a sad state of affairs. Needs to be some accountability. Up to and including executions.

But, "what difference, at this point, does it make?"

Scrutinizing needs to start up front. It’s harder for me to get on a Southwest flight than it is to get a ballot.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One fraudulent vote, is one too many. One rigged elections, is one too many. Deception, fraud and tampering should carry felony charges.

Voting is a sacred right. We as the citizens should have elections we can have confidence in. We as citizens should be demanding it. And the hell with it being easy either. We need and should have secure elections.

Danny2021

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2020
    Terrell
    As I watch these discussions on this site and the "news" who knows how long election fraud has been going on - one election?.... two elections?... maybe the last ten? I never really thought too much about it until this past Nevember. I am thinking now its likely many elections in many states.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    who knows how long election fraud has been going on - one election?.... two elections?... maybe the last ten? I never really thought too much about it until this past Nevember.
    Lessee....Limiting myself to "Presidents during my lifetime", I'd say you should start with looking at how LBJ got into the Senate. Then understand that every (certainly every major) election since then has had shenanigans.

The problems are just getting worse every year. Those of us who were involved in debating the merits of automated voting were arguing about this stuff ~20 years ago, when voting machines used poorly implemented, stripped down versions of Windows 3.1 and Access. They were laughably easy to corrupt but the companies who were selling them proclaimed their security as unassailable.

We knew this was coming. We just didn't appreciate how it would happen. We knew the problems were far off because computer-based voting without a paper trail (which we assumed would take over everywhere) generally required compromising a machine at a time or, at minimum, one machine per voting district. That was something beyond the capabilities of even the largest conspiracy.

Well, times change. Now, information about voters is sufficiently precise that it's no longer necessary to compromise lots of machines across many districts. You only have to do it in a few key counties to make a difference in a national election. I assume the same has been true of state-wide elections for some time.

By that same token, since it's now possible to pinpoint exactly where election fraud will be most effective, the places that don't use computer-based voting without a paper trail have become vulnerable. All you need is the knowledge of where to be and a few suitcases full of fake ballots.

LBJ making it into the Senate was an amateur-hour production. For at least the last couple of decades (and probably long before that), election tampering has been so ubiquitous that most folks don't recognize it's even happening. It took a Presidential election to wake up more than just the small group of people who have always been aware.

And still, not enough people acknowledge that it even exists.

ETA: I suppose we need a federal election commission that's non-partisan and possesses perfect integrity to set uniform election procedures and methods in all states, run the elections, and audit the results. Other countries are shocked that we don't have such a thing. However, there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

In the alternative, I could support a national requirement that computerized voting machines without a paper trail run on open-source software that is vetted before and audited after every national election.

But I'm just spitballin', here...

Last edited:

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    As I watch these discussions on this site and the "news" who knows how long election fraud has been going on - one election?.... two elections?... maybe the last ten? I never really thought too much about it until this past Nevember. I am thinking now its likely many elections in many states.

I would wager 2012 for sure.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Lessee....Limiting myself to "Presidents during my lifetime", I'd say you should start with looking at how LBJ got into the Senate. Then understand that every (certainly every major) election since then has had shenanigans.

The problems are just getting worse every year. Those of us who were involved in debating the merits of automated voting were arguing about this stuff ~20 years ago, when voting machines used poorly implemented, stripped down versions of Windows 3.1 and Access. They were laughably easy to corrupt but the companies who were selling them proclaimed their security as unassailable.

We knew this was coming. We just didn't appreciate how it would happen. We knew the problems were far off because computer-based voting without a paper trail (which we assumed would take over everywhere) generally required compromising a machine at a time or, at minimum, one machine per voting district. That was something beyond the capabilities of even the largest conspiracy.

Well, times change. Now, information about voters is sufficiently precise that it's no longer necessary to compromise lots of machines across many districts. You only have to do it in a few key counties to make a difference in a national election. I assume the same has been true of state-wide elections for some time.

By that same token, since it's now possible to pinpoint exactly where election fraud will be most effective, the places that don't use computer-based voting without a paper trail have become vulnerable. All you need is the knowledge of where to be and a few suitcases full of fake ballots.

LBJ making it into the Senate was an amateur-hour production. For at least the last couple of decades (and probably long before that), election tampering has been so ubiquitous that most folks don't recognize it's even happening. It took a Presidential election to wake up more than just the small group of people who have always been aware.

And still, not enough people acknowledge that it even exists.

ETA: I suppose we need a federal election commission that's non-partisan and possesses perfect integrity to set uniform election procedures and methods in all states, run the elections, and audit the results. Other countries are shocked that we don't have such a thing. However, there's a snowball's chance in hell of that happening.

In the alternative, I could support a national requirement that computerized voting machines without a paper trail run on open-source software that is vetted before and audited after every national election.

But I'm just spitballin', here...
    Very good summary, Ben. I think your key point is about how they can target a few key counties and sway the whole thing. I heard the numbers on the radio of counties "won" by Biden vs Hillary and he was way down. Like a couple of hundred counties. So they don't really matter. It's weird how the worst of the problems are in large metro areas that are Dem held. A statistician or a mathematician looks at some of the numbers and patterns and thinks "no way".

You have to appreciate their creativity with words, also. "Irregularities". No, fraud. "Out of balance counties". No, overvoting. Please.

Wonder what your thoughts are on why the TLA agencies don't "go after" the culprits in a big way. Or at all. I don't think this gets fixed until quite a few highish profile people pay with jail time. I get what you say about the FEC, but it's like the DOJ and FBI are in hiding.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I suspect that election tampering and voter fraud has existed in some manner or form going back to the dawn of time and the very first election ever held.

I also suspect the only thing that has changed is the sophistication and the magnitude in which those that would perpetrate such a crime has evolved.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I also suspect the only thing that has changed is the sophistication and the magnitude in which those that would perpetrate such a crime has evolved.
    The other big change is a news channel that will not only cover for it, but gaslight the masses into believing it's a myth. I can't believe what our republic has become in only a few short years...

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    I was kind of curious about some of the states NOT included in the TX suit to the SCOTUS.
    Like AZ.

Top Bottom