• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Another plant that will thrive with a little love is blackberries. Plant them around the perimeter on the west side to help block afternoon sun. They will thrive with a little water and attention. So will goji berry bushes.

I’ve been really thinking about doing this on the sides of our entry way where they can climb the pipe/panel sections.

I wanted something very low maintenance so we could just get what ever is produced without constant attention. I think this post has pushed me over the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    Went over to my father's house yesterday and got six more big tubs for planters. Wife picked up squash, cucumber and green onion seeds the other day. Just waiting on the last frost day to get started planting.
    I'm pretty sure we had our last frost last week. I'd planted some peppers early and lost 3/4 of them. Oops. Last night was some thunderstorms with lots of wind that I didn't want transplants to deal with. So now it's time to get stuff in the ground.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I’ve been really thinking about doing this on the sides of our entry way where they can climb the pipe/panel sections.

I wanted something very low maintenance so we could just get what ever is produced without constant attention. I think this post has pushed me over the edge.

I hear sweet potatoes are a lot like that too. Might need a little more water, but are largely plant and forget.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I hear sweet potatoes are a lot like that too. Might need a little more water, but are largely plant and forget.

Idk, I looked at blackberries again yesterday. Took 3 off the shelf, argued with myself for a few minutes, and put them back again. Lol

Hardest decision of my life I guess.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm pretty sure we had our last frost last week. I'd planted some peppers early and lost 3/4 of them. Oops. Last night was some thunderstorms with lots of wind that I didn't want transplants to deal with. So now it's time to get stuff in the ground.
    Old Farmer's Almanac is stating April 1st as the possible last chance for frost in our area.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Idk, I looked at blackberries again yesterday. Took 3 off the shelf, argued with myself for a few minutes, and put them back again. Lol

Hardest decision of my life I guess.

My father turned his old corral into planters for berry vines and grape vines. He found a thornless variety of blackberries he planted. Those are pretty cool. Picking berries and no thorns!

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Was going to do veggies this summer; I think I'm going to wait til our patio/greenhouse is done. I will be doing some flower planting and berry shrubs though, maybe some greenery too. I plan on doing some butterfly gardens and sunflowers by the entrance to our part of the land; then marigolds and other flowers near the house. The berry shrubs will probably go around our front patio. Needless to say I have some fun plans in the next few weeks. I can't wait!! Andrew calls them my green friends and says I like plants more than people... :rolleyes: :p

We will also be starting a composting bin.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Was going to do veggies this summer; I think I'm going to wait til our patio/greenhouse is done. I will be doing some flower planting and berry shrubs though, maybe some greenery too. I plan on doing some butterfly gardens and sunflowers by the entrance to our part of the land; then marigolds and other flowers near the house. The berry shrubs will probably go around our front patio. Needless to say I have some fun plans in the next few weeks. I can't wait!! Andrew calls them my green friends and says I like plants more than people... :rolleyes: :p

We will also be starting a composting bin.
    For decorating try Mexican sun flowers. They don’t need water and grow big. I had some reach 12 feet and over. They come up at my place every year.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Chopped out the grass, tilled, added some composted hay/manure, tilled again. Ready for tomatoes.
    2c60240f710fe66ae0ed730464d8ac37.jpg

18ed3bbce77a835be7fca970a912a2ac.jpg

e08708223b6fc7565665a48ebb1509e5.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79