• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Threw in a laugh. Some were getting too serious and connect who they are to what they own.

Me jealous/insecure? I choose to spend my money in other ways that some of you may not "get" and for me a truck would be a total luxury so i dont have one.

Yall go enjoy your big silly trucks and relax.

Hey can someone help me move? I dont have a truck.

I'll help you move. Where do you want to be dropped off? CA or NY?

I would like to know where you were going with this thread though. I feel a bit cheated that I typed out a long response to help give you a full picture and then you just back out without moving forward. It took me like an hour to type all that.

So, let's have it. Spill the beans. You always have an end game in mind with your posts. Let's hear it.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    those huge lifted pickups are called "sorry about your penis, bro" vehicles. I am convinced they're owned mostly by people who are compensating for something.

I drive a subaru but only because i lived elsewhere before moving here. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it any not have it. I hate airports so that means i drive everywhere, even to colder/snowier parts of the country.

sorry.jpg

I love it when people say that lifted trucks compensate for something. First, I ask the question "so if people with big trucks have small dicks, does that mean people with little cars have big ones?" Next, I state the fact of the possibility of jealousy. Obviously putting a lift kit and big tires on a truck costs money. Money that other people probably don't have. Now, I drive a truck that isn't lifted but that doesn't stop me from thinking that lifted trucks are bad ass. Let people do what they want without criticism. Chances are, they don't give a shit about your opinion anyway and have an awesome truck to prove it.

Sent while being unproductive

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'll help you move. Where do you want to be dropped off? CA or NY?

I would like to know where you were going with this thread though. I feel a bit cheated that I typed out a long response to help give you a full picture and then you just back out without moving forward. It took me like an hour to type all that.

So, let's have it. Spill the beans. You always have an end game in mind with your posts. Let's hear it.

Whats there to say? You have "trucks in your blood" or something. Cool. You use them and prefer them and its a cultural thing to you. Got it and that makes senses to me. Enjoy.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Whats there to say? You have "trucks in your blood" or something. Cool. You use them and prefer them and its a cultural thing to you. Got it and that makes senses to me. Enjoy.

So what's your philosophy on vehicle ownership? What's the motivation? Where was it born from? Do you do things the way your folks did it or have you gone a completely different way? Purely economic or financial reasons?

Come on man, share.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So what's your philosophy on vehicle ownership? What's the motivation? Where was it born from? Do you do things the way your folks did it or have you gone a completely different way? Purely economic or financial reasons?

Come on man, share.

I was raised "country". All the guys in my family have 4wd trucks. Only 1 out of the 3 really uses his though, the other 2 are preferences or luxuries.

I drive cheaper vehicles than they do and I get twice the gas mileage.

-If I had a lifestyle that demanded a truck, it would make sense to me. (Farming, ranching, construction etc)

-If I was willing to spend big money (or go into debt) to have luxuries such as a big camper, big boat or a race car trailer or something, I'd have a truck and it would make sense to me.

-If down the road I need a truck I'll get one, right now it would just be a want and I prefer to stick to needs and not wants in my purchases.

I'm not attacking anyone. We all have different needs, preferences and wants and spend our money in different ways. That's OK. Thanks for playing everyone. I'm out.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Sure sounds alot like disdain or jealousy. Like the guy that trashes someone driving a BMW because he can't afford one of his own. You've had those undertones throughout the thread...this really should have just been a rant since that is all it turned out to be anyway. This isn't the first time you've showed pretty liberal leanings and viewpoints.

I do my best not to attack other members or call them names but this tries that patience.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    "If you got the money go buy a Ferrari or Mercedes." Why, I prefer my truck. In defense it has marks on it and has been offroad for hunting and fishing and fun. But I can buy what I want and it isnt a Ferrari or Mercedes, I prefer my truck.

Now you can go back to waxing your smug emitter Prius :p

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Blame the truck dealerships in Texas!

When my '05 4x2 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins truck was stolen a couple of weeks ago, I looked for a replacement vehicle.

I used that old truck to tow and haul things only: Always lots of middling weight for a 3/4 ton -- up to 7,500 lbs. The only shortcoming that truck had, was traction. Towing a heavy load over a slick pasture, icy roads, or through mud was a no go, even with the limited slip rear axle and ABS.

While shopping for a replacement tow vehicle, I found more 4x4's on dealer lots than 4x2's. So, even though I moved down to a 1/2 ton truck, I jumped on a 4x4 with an electronically locked rear axle. Less Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, but far more capability than before, and I can still tow a 7,500 lb. trailer (albeit with far less payload in the bed).

Personally, I see no need for lift kits that raise a vehicle far beyond what the automotive engineers intended. It is an accident waiting to happen because the vehicle will never behave as originally intended (much like fussing with the U.S. Constitution) -- it is Murphy's Law and the Law of Unintended Consequences.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Why? First...yes i get that in 'Merica we can buy what we want whether we need it or not. Buy a Corvette and make your commute more fun, tear up the track on the weekend or whatever.

1: My boring Outback is way more reliable than a 'Vette. 2: I'd burn a set of tires off a 'Vette every month or so (and they're stupid expensive). 3: I can actually fit stuff in my Outback. 4: I've driven a loooooot of vehicles, and some of the most fun ones I've driven have been slower cars, because you can push them hard and not come close to killing yourself or attracting too much attention from the cops.

Seriously, you can't fit anything in a Corvette. Two people and their guns/gear for 3 gun? No way. Also, when it's slick out? AWD drifts are way too much fun. :D

Buy a 4wd and get crappy mileage, worse handling and come on...way more guys push their Corvettes abilities than 4wd owners do. So its all image and big boy toys if you arent using it for work or really taking it off road.

You don't know many Corvette owners. You think they push those cars hard? Then why are most of them sold with automatic transmissions?

Even Subarus i dont get here. It doesnt snow. This isnt Colorado.

Rain? Lousy roads? Mud? You ain't getting a Corvette through this stuff. My Outback does it on highway tires, though.

976878_639954882698650_436497689_o.jpg

*anyone who needs it like in construction, oil or ranching and farming exempt.

**Yes i have owned trucks including a 4wd in the midwest where it you know...like actually snows.

Dont run me over in your lifted 4x4 with huge steel bumpers while im zipping around in my small car...K? Thanks!

I grew up in Michigan, drove in the snow a lot. I hated 4wd in the snow (though the first time I drove a Subaru in snow it was like a dream come true.) Trucks with 4x4 are great for getting unstuck, but you have to throw it back in 2wd if you expect to drive at a reasonable speed without spinning.

So far you guys are 0/2. You are really using them.

Let me expand. I see lifted 4wds all the time around here without a scratch on the body or the fancy rims. Also...lots of rich women running all over from store to store in Suburbans and Lexus SUVs. Why?

Yeah, I'll admit that I chuckle at the lifted, clean, never taken off road trucks I pass when my Subaru is dripping mud... But meh, they wanna pay for that stuff.

This isnt a jealousy thing. If you got the money go buy a Ferrari or Mercedes.

Don't buy a Mercedes - they suck.

Try pulling a boat up the ramp when the temps drop below freezing. All that water that was making it a little slick is now ice.

Or just when they're wet and slimy. And low range makes it all that much easier on you and your transmission.

Also, consider some of those luxury cars that pull luxury boats to the lake in the summer. I've seen a lot of people spinning tires on a slick, mossy boat ramp trying to lug the nice boat out of the lake. Flip a switch in that freeway cruising Escalade and suddenly it's a nice smooth pull without leaving 1500 miles worth if rubber on the ramp.

Sometimes the reasons are less obvious, but even without one it doesn't matter. I don't like 4 door jeeps, but some people do so why should I gripe about them. I'm not the one who has to drive it.

When I had my Bronco, I used 4 low to drag heavy-ass rocks around a friends yard for a landscaping project. I looked up some numbers later and figured the heaviest one weighed over 3000 lbs. A V8, 31x10.50x15" tires and 4 low were about the only way to get that done without renting special equipment. The bigger tires kept me from digging ruts in his yard with the truck...

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Subarus are very cool. I've never owned one but I loved the one I rented and drove up Mt Rainier.

Not responding to anyone attacking me as jealous or envious. I know what's in my heart. I could run out and buy what I want, but instead I buy what I need.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I was raised "country". All the guys in my family have 4wd trucks. Only 1 out of the 3 really uses his though, the other 2 are preferences or luxuries.

I drive cheaper vehicles than they do and I get twice the gas mileage.

That's a good deal, only paying for gas and maintenance. Same for us, it really does let one get ahead.

-If I had a lifestyle that demanded a truck, it would make sense to me. (Farming, ranching, construction etc)
    I get it. I've driven through Austin too many times to count.

-If I was willing to spend big money (or go into debt) to have luxuries such as a big camper, big boat or a race car trailer or something, I'd have a truck and it would make sense to me.
    I wouldn't. Debt for toys is dumb. It's cash or no dice.

-If down the road I need a truck I'll get one, right now it would just be a want and I prefer to stick to needs and not wants in my purchases.
    Honestly I'm really surprised here. I don't think you'll ever get a truck. But I agree with the needs. Your scope of needs is probably narrower than mine.

I'm not attacking anyone. We all have different needs, preferences and wants and spend our money in different ways. That's OK. Thanks for playing everyone. I'm out.
    I concur. We enjoy no debt except for the mortgage, which someone else is paying for now. Woohoo!

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Seems you already knew the answer to tlur question before you made this thread.

Asking why 4x4? in Texas.Is like asking why do you need a gun.

Rather have it and not need it...

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Quit being a dickhead and just understand that people buy whatever the hell they want. No one needs to justify it. All subarus are AWD so that point is moot, most luxury SUVs these days come in higher AWD volumes than 2wd. Ive been looking for a 2013/14 ford escape titanium trim level in 2wd but there is literally a 5 to 1 ratio of 2wds to AWDs out there. The titanium package is the loaded out top of the line package so it seems everyone just checks every option box when they order one. She will probably end up with an AWD just due to availability, but AWD is also nice when you need to pull out into traffic when its raining. My truck is 4wd because I have small penis and am insecure, has nothing to do with being an avid hunter and fisherman that drives in inclement terrain.

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Guilty as charged here. I drive a 2013 F250 Platinum Edition thats lifted with tires and wheels. The only thing it hauls is my fat ass and I have it for one reason and one reason only.
    CAUSE I CAN.

Top Bottom