• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxGunsmith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Houston
    I bought some on clearance from Galls that were EMS 511's in Navy they were very comfortable but faded fast too fast. I guess this is why they were on clearance. I recently purchased the lightweight 511's and their not fading as the others did.
    The original pants that the FBI wore were called Royal Robbins, this is what the FBI helped in designing 15 years ago. I know because I wore them while I worked there. I still have my old Royal Robbins and still wear them in my new job.
    Guns International

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Just a little update for those who care, The pants are still comfortable and the stitches are still holding together. The only thing is the color has faded, not real bad but but faded. anyway just an update.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    I have several pairs of these that I wore daily oversea's. I did 3 consecutive years in Afghanistan and only had to replace them once. I think that was about the 2 year mark. They are very comfy and hold up well in extreme situations. Definitely worth the money!

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I have had 2 pair of the pants and 2 shorts now for about 3 years. All have held up well and I am hard on clothing. I have had one par of pants come apart in the stitching on one of the legs. That was rather lame in ,y opinion. However, I have been happy with this brand for the most part. I do not think they are made as well as my BDUs and ACUs from the Army, but not bad overall. I had never seen these worne for work until i went to apply with the Hariss County Sheriff's Department. About 75% of the recruiters had them on.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Big sent me this pic of his pants. I think I'll pass.

bigcountry2.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    DFW
    What were you doing in A-stan? I've got a Buddy over there right now with the Marines.

Until earlier this year I worked for the DoD as a Systems Engineer. While in theater I supported most the tactical comunication systems (satcom and network stuff). I came back to the States in Dec of '07 and started training our Soldiers on the new stuff that was coming out. It was a very rewarding job, but all the travel was really taking it's toll here at home so I put in my notice and started my own firearm business. It's quite a change, but so far I'm happy with the decision. The only thing I really miss is working with our troops on a daily basis, knowing that I'm helping them do their jobs better. :patriot:

Let your buddy know that there are lots of people here praying for him and that we appreciate what he's doing!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Until earlier this year I worked for the DoD as a Systems Engineer. While in theater I supported most the tactical comunication systems (satcom and network stuff). I came back to the States in Dec of '07 and started training our Soldiers on the new stuff that was coming out. It was a very rewarding job, but all the travel was really taking it's toll here at home so I put in my notice and started my own firearm business. It's quite a change, but so far I'm happy with the decision. The only thing I really miss is working with our troops on a daily basis, knowing that I'm helping them do their jobs better. :patriot:

Let your buddy know that there are lots of people here praying for him and that we appreciate what he's doing!
    Will do! Thanks for your service and helping the troops do there thing.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Love them. As a part time roof monkey (insurance adjuster) its nice to be able to climb roofs and crawl through attics and have the extra gusset in the groin area. They are also great for riding horse back in for the extra room. Have worn out about 7 pair in the last 5 years and 3 more on order last week.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Just a little update for those who care, The pants are still comfortable and the stitches are still holding together. The only thing is the color has faded, not real bad but but faded. anyway just an update.

You have to wash the black ones inside out and on cold water or they will fade.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    I picked up 2 pair last year and I wear them when I go out riding my ATV. They're heavier than standard riding pants, and cheaper.

Roscoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    Magnolia
    5.11 is the clothing most often worn by government civilians and contractors in Iraq and Afghanistan. I've been in and out of both countries since 2002, and have been wearing 5.11's (as well as my wrangler jeans) the whole time. The tac-lite series pants are really nice for work in extremely hot climates.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well the color is now faded to the point wear the pair will be getting taken off the duty line for wear with my uniform. I will be using them as regular pants from now on and will be needing another pair (at least) for my uniform as I hate my issue pants. So any suggestions as to what to try next? 5.11 or another cheaper brand for wear with my uniform, they must maintain their color and professional look no matter the brand.

Top Bottom