• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    1) you don't have a teleporter? I beamed myself to DV, rode , beamed myself back home, no way I coulda ridin there, sportbikes are no good for riding further then the nearest Starbucks.

2) according to the IIHS, riders aged 20-40 were 45%, and of course older then 45= 55%,

3) Since your an elder fella, try this thing called google, it'll help find things all over the world wide web

Search

Abate oxygen helmet

Btw, president of AbAtE died in bike wreck in 2011 coming back from abate really, you can guess his choice for head protection.

No prob You don't want to wear a lid, we're all big kids and can make our
    Own decisions, but don't make stupid excuses for your freedom of choice.

sent from my cell phone, far far away
    1) YOU said it not me, enjoy your Starbucks

2) Here the exact data from the chart, where you got your BS I have no idea:

Year≤ 29 years30-39 years40-49 years≥ 50 yearsTotal*
    Number%Number%Number%Number%Number%

3) Yea I am older, nearly 70 in fact and yes I did a google search, then I used your term and the only thing I could find was some guy from Richmond Tx claiming ABATE says Oxygen deprivation is the problem. "sounds like alot of ABATE;s "excuses" for not wearing a lid, alongside of "oxygen depravation" another doozie from abate"

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/454454-r-o-t-austin-texas-3.html post #33, most likely some guy who just has a axe to grind with ABATE

As for the President of ABATE dying due to not wearing a helmet, that is another elusive news item that you ref, but FAIL like you have done so far to provide any link. However this was reported as being the Pres of ABATE (not sure what "AbAtE" is, aren't you over 16?)

[h=1]Motorcyclist in helmet protest ride hits head, dies[/h]
    Posted 7/4/2011

"The motorcyclist, 55-year-old Philip A. Contos, likely would have survived the accident if he'd been wearing a helmet, state troopers said...
    The statewide president of ABATE, Thomas Alton, said Contos wasn't a member of ABATE but was a motorcyclist with 30 years of experience."

Motorcyclist in helmet protest ride hits head, dies - USATODAY.com

Yea I have heard of that Google thingy...I was on the Internet BEFORE you got out of elementary school, we called it ARPANET back in those days.

You clearly have an issue with those of us who chose not to wear a lid..."let those who ride, decide", that is what ABATE sez! This is America, I don't need you or some govt telling me what is good for me and one more thing, BEFORE you were even a thought in your daddy's mind I was fighting for YOUR right to choose and that right has not gone away...You are entitled to your own opinion, just not entitled to your own facts...
    Military Camp

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Just a question for all you guys claiming this is easy. How far have you ridden a 750 Shadow? This isn't a liter bike or even a very large bike.

Never ridden a Shadow but I couldn't imagine it being any worse than my CBR or SV...not that either are terrible. But I would think even a bad cruiser is more conducive to distance riding than a sportbike.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    And like I said, go forth and ride w/o a lid, just don't bring stupid excuses not to wear one.

Btw search further then 11, try '06

While I'm no old fart, I'm no young whiper snapper either.

sent from my cell phone, far far away

Last edited:

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I ALWAYS hear a helmet. I have seen enough full face helmets damaged right in the face to not wear one.

Shorts, the pain was right on my tail bone, and only when I took pressure off by pushing my feet into the floorboards and pushing up a little, getting my butt out of the seat, or when I stood at red lights or when I was done.

Ah I see. You, my friend, need a couple cheeseburgers. ;)

All kidding aside, you my just need a seat topper of some sort, either to alleviate the pressure on your tailbone, or to slightly change the angle of your hips. Do you have a seat back? I wonder if that will help support your back as to prevent your hips from rotating back and you putting pressure n your tailbone?

Or you could get a butt donut :cool:

Sue Girl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Burleson, TX
    Fort Worth Texas to Jackson Tennessee is 600 miles.. done in one day. Easy peasy... The only time my bikes sees a trailer, it better be broke down LOL

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I ride 100 miles every time I go goofing around town on my Sportster (which isn't known to be a distance ride). The Wuss factor in this thread is overwhelming and annoying. Is the bike in good condition? Tires OK? Any mechanical issues? Tags and inspection current? Insurance and docs?

Flash

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Rode 320 miles just for lunch yesterday. In all fairness though I ride a Road Glide Ultra. Just set the cruise control, crank up the tunes, lean back on to my passengers soft pillows and enjoy the ride.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I ride 100 miles every time I go goofing around town on my Sportster (which isn't known to be a distance ride). The Wuss factor in this thread is overwhelming and annoying. Is the bike in good condition? Tires OK? Any mechanical issues? Tags and inspection current? Insurance and docs?

Flash

Wuss? Careful Flash.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    With 50 years in the saddle, 30 motorcycles owned, at least 1/4 million miles ridden and a 6000 and 8000 mile trip around the west aboard MC's, I earned the right to raise the "Wuss" flag.

I asked some questions about the condition of the bike. I have a reason for asking. Why not give a straight up answer?

Flash

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    With 50 years in the saddle, 30 motorcycles owned, at least 1/4 million miles ridden and a 6000 and 8000 mile trip around the west aboard MC's, I earned the right to raise the "Wuss" flag.

I asked some questions about the condition of the bike. I have a reason for asking. Why not give a straight up answer?

Flash
    Rog, correct me if I am wrong...bet there is some 'hard tail' riding time in there if you have ridden that long...

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Rog, correct me if I am wrong...bet there is some 'hard tail' riding time in there if you have ridden that long...

Not really. I started with Cushman's went to Brits (Triumph & BSA) then went to the Japanese bikes, Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki. Even had a Vespa!

Had big bikes, too including a Honda Gold Wing 1500, Honda Silver Wing 500 twin, Kawasaki Concours 1000. Harleys came late on the scene.

My current ride is a HD Sportster XL 1200C. It's my favorite of all the bikes that I've owned!

About that Shadow. What is the condition of the bike?

Flash

Last edited:

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Flash

You have not done anything allowing you to call me a wuss. Tread carefully. I really don't care to answer your questions, what with your attitude especially.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You have not done anything allowing you to call me a wuss. Tread carefully. I really don't care to answer your questions, what with your attitude especially.

I was going to ride the bike for you.

"Tread carefully"............... HA! I am SO scared! Instead of helping you.................well.............you know.

Have a nice day!

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom