• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    How about instead of getting ourselves into every conflict around the world, and having to spend 51% of the planet's military budget, an undue burden on any people, we ensure that basic medical care is afforded to every citizen regardless of age.
    Stop trying to deflect. Yes, corporate welfare and offensive military spending is bad as well. Don't see anyone in this thread advocating for it. You however are still advocating theft and justifying it with false ethics.

An 8 round blast of chemo can cost as much as $30,000. What "community" is going to pay that and how? To do so they would have to set up some form of shared system of healthcare, kind of like...Medicare.
    If they voluntarily participate in it then it sounds like a good idea! Medicare is not voluntary.

Society <> Government
    Some people are never going to get that.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    The topic is Blue Shield losing customers. I said Medicare should be expanded to all citizens. It is still a good idea.

It would have to be Medicaid. Either way, what you just said would bankrupt the government and destroy the healthcare industry. I say that as someone with 16 years of healthcare experience at the highest levels imaginable. I'm currently in house counsel for one of the CEOs of the largest Hospital chain in the world. What you just said would be the end of my company. If we couldn't survive, no one could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    It would have to be Medicaid. Either way, what you just said would bankrupt the government and destroy the healthcare industry. I say that as someone with 16 years of healthcare experience at the highest levels imaginable. I'm currently in house counsel for one of the CEOs of the largest Hospital chain in the world. What you just said would be the end of my company. If we couldn't survive, no one could.

But by golly, we'd feel good on the inside while that ship sank.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Bdee, zw,
    Serious question. If someone's car fails their inspection and will require $1,000 worth of exhaust work to pass emissions testing, and their car is the only way they have to get their kids to school, doctor's appointments, work etc, should a mechanic be forced to repair the vehicle if the owner can not afford to pay for the repairs? Should the taxpayers be forced to pony up the $$$?
    Where does your belief that the successful should subsidize the less successful end?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I suspect that if you found yourself back in time and told Thomas Jefferson that the wealthy had an obligation and duty to repair your horse drawn cart because you didn't have the money or skill to do it yourself, you would find yourself cock punched by the 3rd POTUS.

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas
    Bdee, zw,
    Serious question. If someone's car fails their inspection and will require $1,000 worth of exhaust work to pass emissions testing, and their car is the only way they have to get their kids to school, doctor's appointments, work etc, should a mechanic be forced to repair the vehicle if the owner can not afford to pay for the repairs? Should the taxpayers be forced to pony up the $$$?
    Where does your belief that the successful should subsidize the less successful end?
    There is public transportation.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    There is public transportation.

Not where I live. Answer the question. Where does your "[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Nimbus Sans L, Arial, Liberation Sans, sans-serif]From each according to their ability, to each according to their need" philosophy end?[/FONT]

bdee

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2015
    Texas

The industry is already fundamentally broken, probably by decisions made by government more than 70 years ago. We are the worst of any developed country. We spend 50% more than everyone else on healthcare. and yet we get far worse results. This is to address the money well spent question. So maybe we need to look at how other countries do things, because we are and have been for decades, failing.

http://www.oecd.org/unitedstates/Briefing-Note-UNITED-STATES-2014.pdf

Last edited:
    Top Bottom