• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    The industry is already fundamentally broken, probably by decisions made by government more than 70 years ago. We are the worst of any developed country. We spend 50% more than everyone else on healthcare. and yet we get far worse results. This is to address the money well spent question. So maybe we need to look at how other countries do things, because we are and have been for decades, failing.

http://www.oecd.org/unitedstates/Briefing-Note-UNITED-STATES-2014.pdf

Lets just say I agree with you, which I do not. You concede the industry is in shambles because of the government, yet you want to hand over all healthcare to the same government? Medicare is barely solvent. The VA is a horrible joke and a mockery to those who served. The federal govt has a longstanding track record for mismanaging the 2 major healthcare systems it has. You keep saying Medicare and not Medicaid. So I guess I am to understand that you want the federal government running this show and not the states, which I guess we can ignore the constitutional issues with doing that since we appear to be having this discussion in fantasy land. Like it or not, our healthcare system does produce quality healthcare and cures to diseases that other countries dream about. For every article from 2011 you post in response to Hoji, I can tell you about a dozen patient accounts I worked this week who were medical tourists. End of next week, I can tell you the same story and so on. Walking in today to deal with a $3million account where the foreign patient came here and used one of my hospitals as a hospice. Guess whose holding the bag on that?
    Capitol Armory ad

Last edited:

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Well I don't claim to understand most of this but do know pre-obamacare I had pretty good coverage and a reasonable premium, post-obamacare I have pretty crappy coverage and ridiculous premiums. Libs can claim the system was broken before but it was working pretty good for me.

I have a moral obligation to my neighbors but I'll be damned if the government is going to determine that for me and enact their version of it through force. I choose who I want to help, how much and when. The whole BS ZW is spewing about people being left to die because they weren't born with a silver spoon flat pisses me off. I was born poor, my parents never had much, their parents never had much but like me they managed to pay their bills and raise their kids healthy and with greater opportunity than they had. No one has ever given me anything but a hard time and bad advice but I have busted my ass to get to where I am and what I have. You bleeding hearts that want to take it can come on and give it a shot but I'm siding with the "have the balls to come rob me face to face" camp.

To bdee (who I have on ignore but you fine folks keep quoting so I get to enjoy his "thoughts") I don't know about you but I've taken in two different kids who were in bad situations, a friend who fell on hard times (loaned him a truck for nearly a year), built a small house on my property that my parents live in at zero cost and give to the charities of MY choosing. You can keep your grubby hands out of my pocket, I do my part and maybe if you did instead of looking to the government to do it we wouldn't need to hear your bleats.

ETA; my eldest daughter made me proud, she recently took in a kid in a bad situation despite not really being able to afford the extra and I look forward to watching her open presents at our Christmas dinner, I think it's been a while for her.

Last edited:

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    5e7022722c675a4f465e77321c039011.jpg

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    X3

The only people I would even debate would be current employees who have insurance as an employment benefit.

It's a nice perk, but I don't see why we buy car insurance as individuals yet expect health insurance at work. Just deregulate and let it be a financial product you can purchase (or not) like any other.

Right there, is the very root of the spiraling every higher healthcare cost problem when, starting shortly after WWII, Congress changed the tax laws to make the insurance premiums paid by employers tax-deductible .... thus progressive healthcare in this country was born.

IOW, subsidized health insurance is at the root of the spiraling costs, and will likely not be part of the solution at this point, like it or not.

Top Bottom