Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I shot the one Curtis had in .45. My thoughts:

Trigger is what you would expect from HiPoint, but few PPCs are known for their awesome triggers.

Sights were crude but manageable.

Overall, it felt like a HiPoint.

Had a little trouble with the bolt, but Curtis didn't. Probably because I didn't look very close at how the hold open worked on it. Doubt it's an issue for those who shoot them regularly.

Accuracy was Ok for 15 yards.

The mag capacity WILL suck. All HiPoints are single stack mags.

I don't recall any malfunction that day. LG shot it quite a bit and liked it but said the trigger was heavy.

If I found a used one at a good price I'd probably buy it. If I wanted a cheap PCC it would be an option for me. I much prefer the UZI or CX4.

I only have experience with the one Curtis had at Hicksville though.

BIGPAPIGREG

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    San Antonio, TEXAS
    Did a little looking and saw that promag makes a 15 round mag for it but the issue with that is it may damage the feed ramp thus voiding the warranty. It is limited to the 10 round mag it looks like.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Pro Mag is the absolute worst aftermarket magazines. I sold a Bersa 380 to a guy and he complained it wasn't feeding properly a week later. I met him at the gun range and he had a freaking Pro Mag in it. Both of the factory mags worked fine.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I thought all the PX4's used Cougar mags.....since the PX4 is a polymer Cougar, that is....
    Not 100% sure as I don't own either, but it seems like the Cougar .45 and PX4 .45 use different magazines.

Ruger, take my money already....
    While we're on the subject of things Ruger needs to make again, I'll add the .44mag carbine and 10/22mag.

Overall, it felt like a HiPoint.
    The only thing good about a HiPoint is the price. The 9mm I had for a short time was not fun to shoot at all, although it was reliable with the factory mags. I did get one of those 15rd mags for it, but it was not reliable with it.

Top Bottom