• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    one thing that I did notice is that the cx4's in .45 are much cheaper...??? I guess cause they only have 8 round mags????

Also, most of the ones I have seen on the web (not all) are the ones that take the PX4 mags....

That's pretty strange. Possibly a Ca compliant gun?
    Mags should hold more than that.
    Gun Zone Deals

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    damn you Acera!!!!!

Acera... I damn thee..
    8391_1.jpg

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Acera... I damn thee..
    8391_1.jpg

Oh shit, that has got to be the first time that has happened to me on this forum.
    ROFLMAODog.gif

Regarding Robs question, wonder what kind of bump hits that slide on a 9mm?? I regularly use my thumb to hold the slide or bolt in battery on my .22s to keep them from cycling. I do know that a 9mm carries a lot more recoil, but how much? Could you still position your hand to keep the action in place?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Beretta doesn't even list a CX4 in .45 on their website. PX4 mag capacity for .45 is listed as 9-10 rounds.

I agree though, find a 9mm. You'll end up putting some rounds through it and .45 might get expensive.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Oh shit, that has got to be the first time that has happened to me on this forum.
    ROFLMAODog.gif

Regarding Robs question, wonder what kind of bump hits that slide on a 9mm?? I regularly use my thumb to hold the slide or bolt in battery on my .22s to keep them from cycling. I do know that a 9mm carries a lot more recoil, but how much? Could you still position your hand to keep the action in place?

On that particular rifle, or any 9mm?

I don't imagine it would be comfortable, but have considered looking in to options to lock the action when shooting suppressed on different platforms.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    On that particular rifle, or any 9mm?

I don't imagine it would be comfortable, but have considered looking in to options to lock the action when shooting suppressed on different platforms.

Probably more of an option on that rifle than others, or pistols since it has a nice wide place to hold on to. Just don't know if it would be uncomfortable, or really uncomfortable as it breaks your thumb.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Beretta doesn't even list a CX4 in .45 on their website. PX4 mag capacity for .45 is listed as 9-10 rounds.
    I'm a bit bewildered by the 8rd capaticy as well. It's not a single stack... After some googling, it apparently uses the Cougar mags, not the PX4. There's some magazine extensions for $125. WTF? Products ? Beretta CX4 Storm Accessories & Parts Upgrades

I agree though, find a 9mm. You'll end up putting some rounds through it and .45 might get expensive.
    ...but I wanted to do a .460 conversion ;)

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    I wouldnt mind an old Ruger PC9, but for whatever reason those carbines demand $$$

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I'd love to see Ruger reintroduce the PC9 in its "classic" version and in a "tactical" version (what they did with the 10-22 to create the SR22 rifle). I can't imagine Ruger would lose money on the deal....

Ruger, take my money already.... I have wanted one since I first laid eyes on it. Just not for the $750.00 the guy wanted for his LE model ...

Meh the Storm. I did see a bunch of the Storm rifles in the Riddick movie today, trying kill big ass monsters with their pistol caliber carbines.... :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom