• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I would love to do transfers and run BC's for paranoid...... err....I mean private sellers.....

$100.00 sounds good.......j/k.....j/k.....

This is where we're headed with the universal background bills Dems are pushing....those darn gun show loopholes and all.....
    DK Firearms

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I would love to do transfers and run BC's for paranoid...... err....I mean private sellers.....

$100.00 sounds good.......j/k.....j/k.....

This is where we're headed with the universal background bills Dems are pushing....those darn gun show loopholes and all.....
    You are spot on with that thought( where we are heading)

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    So why not agree and say you'll bring the bill of sale to be signed, for your protection to. Then write it up so it's overly incriminating toward the seller (bring 2 copies so you can keep one).

Say things like buying from the dealer named mr. XXXX in the parking lot of YYYY. Sales tax is not being charged on this transaction Sellers FFL number is _____________, etc.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Third option: do neither, as it’s not required to give or show any ID in a FTF transaction.

It truly is as simple as that.
    bcae53b8b0f4a17fdb3509a6ee554796.jpg

Attachments

• bcae53b8b0f4a17fdb3509a6ee554796.jpg
      bcae53b8b0f4a17fdb3509a6ee554796.jpg
      45.7 KB · Views: 325

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Why, instead of going through all of the paperwork that is not required and can ONLY serve to get you sodomized in prison if a criminal case arises from it, don’t you just transfer the damned gun through an FFL?

It's one of my constant amusements in life to watch those preaching freedom demand things NOT required under the law from fellow freedom-lovers. If I'm selling a gun and you have a Texas-issued ID to SHOW me, and can look me in the eyes and tell me you can legally buy/own a firearm, then pay me, take your gun and go.

That crack-whore BOS has NOTHING legally binding, and as noted will only serve to help prosecute you for being an unlicensed dealer. Beyond there - I don't want you having my name and address tying me back to a gun that some scumbag that breaks into YOUR house can use to locate his next honey-hole.

I've passed on that kind of bullshit before, and I will every time. As noted - if you want to be THAT safe, do it via an FFL - and then please move to California.

Did I make my opinion clear enough??

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I see the guy who triggered this discussion decided to pull his sale off the forum. I'm not surprised. Maybe I shouldn't have commented - thought maybe he'd think about what he was asking for and why. As I replied to him, he's free to ask for whatever he wants - even though it might not make any sense. My own view on sales mirrors TexasRedneck's.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom