• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    I have never asked for any information when I made a private sale or trade to another person. Now I have had two people ask for a bill of sale. I told them they needed to type it up and bring it I wasn't going to do it.
    Texas SOT

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Here is an thought: Would it be “illegal” to use a fake I.D. in this situation?
    You’re not presenting it to legitimately authorized people.
    You’re presenting to Joe Schmoe.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It's one of my constant amusements in life to watch those preaching freedom demand things NOT required under the law from fellow freedom-lovers. If I'm selling a gun and you have a Texas-issued ID to SHOW me, and can look me in the eyes and tell me you can legally buy/own a firearm, then pay me, take your gun and go.

That crack-whore BOS has NOTHING legally binding, and as noted will only serve to help prosecute you for being an unlicensed dealer. Beyond there - I don't want you having my name and address tying me back to a gun that some scumbag that breaks into YOUR house can use to locate his next honey-hole.

I've passed on that kind of bullshit before, and I will every time. As noted - if you want to be THAT safe, do it via an FFL - and then please move to California.

Did I make my opinion clear enough??
    Glad to hear you chime in. How have ya been?

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    I have never asked for any information when I made a private sale or trade to another person. Now I have had two people ask for a bill of sale. I told them they needed to type it up and bring it I wasn't going to do it.

The one guy I've had ask, I told him if he needed a BOS to buy my gun, we weren't doing the deal - and then proceeded to explain why. He musta liked what I said, because he bought it anyway. That's the problem with this urban legend bullshit - the new guys think that it's supposed to be that way because the "better safe than sorry" folks say so. To that, I say.....
    My thoughts 2.jpg

Attachments

• My thoughts 2.jpg
      My thoughts 2.jpg
      116.5 KB · Views: 337

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

If I don't know you from Adam's off-ox and you present me with a phony ID, that's fine. You'll be leaving without my gun. If I know you - I ain't even asking. All I wanna know is that you're a Texas resident, that's it. It's a reasonable request, IMO. Could you slide a fake ID past me? Maybe....but part of my job used to involve checking ID's, so good luck.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Glad to hear you chime in. How have ya been?

Thanks! No complaints - being "retired" is kinda a challenge, though.... Between the gun shop I partnered with, and my water treatment "side job" I'd done for 40 years that I kicked up when I retired......I'm tired!!! LOL

Surprisingly, the water company part is something I'd done all these years, and would do 2-3 softeners a quarter - which is all I really cared about. It was intended to just be something to keep me occupied and outta Schoolmarm's hair. Put it this way - just bought a (used, new to me) 1 ton dually 4x4 (I do some ranches in the boonies), had a Harbor utility bed installed on it along with a lift gate, and am getting the bed lined Tuesday before I put it into service. Fuelfather (my oldest boy) has been lending a hand - when I'm ready to fully retire, I'm gonna turn it over to him. He surprised me last year, and asked about buying it. I didn't do all this to make money off my own - so when I walk, he gets the company with just the promise to be honest and fair to our customers. But the truck.....he ain't getting IT! I'm gonna be the ornery old cuss in town that'll run yer butt OVER.....lol

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So would an ID with my finger over my info work. You can see Texas and my Pic on it or better yet same thing with my License to carry ?

If I don't know you from Adam's off-ox and you present me with a phony ID, that's fine. You'll be leaving without my gun. If I know you - I ain't even asking. All I wanna know is that you're a Texas resident, that's it. It's a reasonable request, IMO. Could you slide a fake ID past me? Maybe....but part of my job used to involve checking ID's, so good luck.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    It's one of my constant amusements in life to watch those preaching freedom demand things NOT required under the law from fellow freedom-lovers. If I'm selling a gun and you have a Texas-issued ID to SHOW me, and can look me in the eyes and tell me you can legally buy/own a firearm, then pay me, take your gun and go.

The definition of irony.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

What kind of ID? A fake Texas DL is illegal just to possess.

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    The one guy I've had ask, I told him if he needed a BOS to buy my gun, we weren't doing the deal - and then proceeded to explain why. He musta liked what I said, because he bought it anyway. That's the problem with this urban legend bullshit - the new guys think that it's supposed to be that way because the "better safe than sorry" folks say so. To that, I say..... View attachment 162302
    Glad somebody thinks Dallas is still number one.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    The one guy I've had ask, I told him if he needed a BOS to buy my gun, we weren't doing the deal - and then proceeded to explain why. He musta liked what I said, because he bought it anyway. That's the problem with this urban legend bullshit - the new guys think that it's supposed to be that way because the "better safe than sorry" folks say so. To that, I say..... View attachment 162302
    Great to see ya' on here! Hah! :green:

Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    Lol

PRE-K

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tomball
    OP... What is you opinion on NOT requiring a BOS, but asking a FTF buyer to ONLY DISPLAY a CHL/LTC? As in, no driver's license accepted.

I do offer an FFL transfer option on my for sale posts, so any (eligible) buyer with just a DL or ID can still go that route.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    OP... What is you opinion on NOT requiring a BOS, but asking a FTF buyer to ONLY DISPLAY a CHL/LTC? As in, no driver's license accepted.

I do offer an FFL transfer option on my for sale posts, so any (eligible) buyer with just a DL or ID can still go that route.
    For me it is a no sale. I will just ask you to ship it to Central Texas GunWorks rather than give a stranger the opportunity to memorize my address if it is a must have gun for me. There are not too many “must have” guns on my list.

Top Bottom