• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ray22

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Jewett
    I only posted in here earlier to correct some inaccuracies, especially related to Catholicism and Christianity.

Just to be clear on my political position - I don't think marriage has anything to do with a license from .gov. The thought that the government can regulate a holy sacrament is laughable, and frankly, pissed me off when I had to go get it way back when.

Government should cease issuing them and quit acting like a church. If there's legal implications people should deal with it with contracts.

Well said and pretty much how I feel.

I will add one statement that I heard discussed today by an Arch Bishop, his idea would be that Priest and minsters of other denominations could return their license to preform marriages back to the state then marry a couple in the church so they would receive the sacrament but the couple would still have to have a civil service for legal status.

Govern wisely and as little as possible~Sam Houston
    Military Camp

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    burning card? Do you deny 6 churches have burned since the SC murders?

But none of those fires show evidence of being a hate crime and only two might be arson, investigators told CNN.

In the recent fires, evidence of arson was found at the Briar Creek Road Church in Charlotte but no evidence of a hate crime, said Charlotte Fire Department spokeswoman Cynthia Robbins Shah-Khan. The fire burned a building that housed classrooms, but did not affect the church's main sanctuary, Shah-Khan said. The African-American congregation there shares the church with a Nepalese congregation.

The fire at Greater Miracle Apostolic Church in Tallahassee, Florida, was likely caused when a tree limb fell on power lines, exposing electrical wires, fire officials said.

You fell for the hype didn't you.

Double Action

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2015
    Well said and pretty much how I feel.

I will add one statement that I heard discussed today by an Arch Bishop, his idea would be that Priest and minsters of other denominations could return their license to preform marriages back to the state then marry a couple in the church so they would receive the sacrament but the couple would still have to have a civil service for legal status.

That is a great suggestion. I know our church is going to have to face this reality sooner rather than later. Performing a wedding as an act of faith instead of a government sanctioned union sounds like the way to do it.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Just to be clear on my political position - I don't think marriage has anything to do with a license from .gov. The thought that the government can regulate a holy sacrament is laughable, and frankly, pissed me off when I had to go get it way back when.

Government should cease issuing them and quit acting like a church. If there's legal implications people should deal with it with contracts.

This is pretty much my feelings on the matter.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The gays made this a govermentv issue

Was any group complaining about marriage before ?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Gays can't be married in Gods eyes so they are seeking approval from the state. That's pretty much why this all came to be.

Everything they are looking for legally can already be accomplished w contracts. I'd be fine doing the same w contracts related to my marriage.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    Gays can't [\b] be married in Gods eyes so they are seeking approval from the state. That's pretty much why this all came to be.

As noted there are multiple faiths and denominations that disagree with you.

Everything they are looking for legally can already be accomplished w contracts. I'd be fine doing the same w contracts related to my marriage.
    Mostly true. There are some perquisites in the law/government regulation where there still may be some differentiation, but that has been rapidly falling away.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    If the government says they can't get married, the government made this a government issue.

You mean besides all the old married guys with me in the bar? :)

nobody told them they couldn't get married.

there were marriage ceremonies all over for gay couples long before this went to SCOTUS. The government figured they were losing out on making some money so they started charging for a license.

How did people get married if there was not government around? Oh, no, we have to set up a governmnet office and hire some clerks so we can print out a permit and charge for it, and then people can get married.

zincwarrior

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Texas, land of Tex-Mex
    How did people get married if there was not government around? Oh, no, we have to set up a governmnet office and hire some clerks so we can print out a permit and charge for it, and then people can get married.

Agreed hence the argument government should not be involved.

Top Bottom