• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    SATX will not be back till Monday. Reopening the thread.

If you can't make a point without throwing insults at other members I recommend steering clear.
    Good call. I understand his anxiety, but he definitely needs a little cool down. We've all been there.

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Well, I haven't seen it mentioned, so forgive me if I'm repeating a previous observation... but aren't the unlock codes for a phone 4-6 digits long? I have unlocked a 4-digit rotary bike lock in under 5 minutes just rotating the dials until it unlocked. How long would it take someone to start with 0001, 0002, 0003 ... 9999 to unlock the phone?

I don't lock my phone, PITA to always have to unlock it. So I don't know if there is a limit to tries before it locks for some period of time.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Well, I haven't seen it mentioned, so forgive me if I'm repeating a previous observation... but aren't the unlock codes for a phone 4-6 digits long? I have unlocked a 4-digit rotary bike lock in under 5 minutes just rotating the dials until it unlocked. How long would it take someone to start with 0001, 0002, 0003 ... 9999 to unlock the phone?

I don't lock my phone, PITA to always have to unlock it. So I don't know if there is a limit to tries before it locks for some period of time.

Yes that’s true but with a phone you don’t get more than a few tries before the phone erases itself.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW

You're referring to what's called a brute force attack. Apple having foreseen such attempts, doubles the time you have to wait every time you enter the wrong code:

1ogZTev.jpg

I use the finger print reader to unlock my phone. Every now and then, no pattern that I can discern, and after reboots/power loss for sure, it asks for the PIN in addition (that's called two factor authorization).

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    Cuz people like you take our nice things.
    Dang!
    Oh, you must be referring to picking the bike lock, not the iPhone lock...?? So I gotta explain real careful - I bought a used bike for my grandson, the owner couldn't remember the code - the lock was wrapped around the handlebars. He'd had the bike a while, son didn't use it, so he was selling it. Took under 5 minutes to figure it out. It helped that the pin would lurch just a little when I hit the right number, so I didn't have anything like 9999 codes to try. 4th lurch, the pin came out.

You can still have nice things, I don't steal stuff unless it's funny memes off the Funny Picture thread.

Gonna have to be sure to limit my comments to one topic and not get myself confused later on.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I'm pretty sure he was referring to crapping on posters who are temporarily unable to respond.

Top Bottom