• SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Two law enforcement sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the continuing investigation, identified the gunman as Devin P. Kelley.

Mr. Cuellar, who said he was briefed by law enforcement authorities, said the gunman came from Comal County, which is northeast of San Antonio.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/us/church-shooting-texas.html

6a051a6d42d934eeaa26299f0daf556d.jpg
    f386a855b8757f4c341b202dc4f496f2.jpg
    7c7de46d172daf48dae2067b64d27898.jpg
    8f06dec370535bf915240f835bb9a999.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Shooter may have stopped because someone took a shot at him: Witness says armed neighbor caused Texas gunman to flee the scene.

Looking for a link.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I'm watching a San Antonio news station saying a neighbor started shooting at the gunman. The gunman got into his car and drove off. A guy passing by witnesses this and picks up the neighbor and chase after the gunman. Gunman ran off the road and was killed but the cause of death has not been confirmed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Yeah... and did you know"gullible" isn't in the dictionary?
    "Devin Kelly’s Facebook page stated that he was an atheist and his interests included “Civil and social rights” and “Civil rights” as well as endorsements for local Texan Democratic political candidates. His page also featured photos of several high powered weapons."

Who knows

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

According to a local TV station just now, the mass murderer (who was wearing a "bullet-proof vest") was shot outside the church by a local citizen with his "deer rifle".
    The criminal thereafter got into his car & fled toward the county line, where he ran off the road & was several minutes later found dead by responding LE officers.
    (26 church members are confirmed dead as of 1745 this PM, including one victim who died of wounds at a local hospital. As of 1815 hours, the SD states that 20 persons were wounded, with several in critical condition.)

According to the local SD spokesman at 1750 hours this PM, it is NOT now known whether the gunman succumbed to his wound from the citizen's rifle or committed suicide.

IF you are a praying person, PLEASE pray for the wounded, our fallen & their many loved ones.
    (This is the WORST church shooting in TX history according to the DPS.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Link?

SC-Texas,

I don't have a "link" but the county Sheriff stated just about 5 minutes ago on WOAI TV, here in San Antonio, that the mass murderer was shot by a local civilian with his "deer rifle" but does NOT know if that shot was the cause of death.
    (A DPS spokesman stated about that same time that the murderer was wearing a "bullet-resistant vest".)

yours, satx

Double Naught Spy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    North Texas
    Right, it was just announced minutes ago in the press conference.

So the shooter opened fire on the church from outside, went inside and continued firing, then exited the church before ever being engaged at which time he was engaged by a local person with a rifle (so LTC not salient here). The shooter dropped his weapon at the time and then fled the scene.

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Any truth to this?

Via zerohedge

Kelly was a former Air Force member who received a dishonorable discharge. He was court-martialed in May 2014. He previously held the rank of E1. Officials who've spoken anonymously to the media said there were no signs Kelly had links to terrorist groups.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    "Devin Kelly’s Facebook page stated that he was an atheist and his interests included “Civil and social rights” and “Civil rights” as well as endorsements for local Texan Democratic political candidates. His page also featured photos of several high powered weapons."

Who knows

The screenshot looks like a leftist checklist:

Atheist
    Human rights
    Social justice
    Environment

Top Bottom