• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirt n Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    Dirt n Dust,

It's a POOR & way too expensive system. = IMO, we would do well to abolish ALL federal gun laws & the BATFE & let the 50 state police agencies handle such criminals.
    (Fwiw, I was once a SA/SAA with one of the military investigating agencies & the FBI/BATFE/DEA tried to NOT help us, when we requested assistance . Otoh, the USPS Special Agents & the USMS were VERY HELPFUL.)

Btw, we have 80+ federal LE agencies which each have their own "empire" to protect & we would be 100% better off with ABOLISHING all but ONE or TWO such agencies & turning as much of LE case-load back to the 50 States as is possible. =====> It makes NO difference which badge/credential that a LEO carries.
    (We need >80 federal police agencies like we all need an aggressive cancer.)

yours, satx
    I agree with your assessment completely. This case seemingly (based on current info) demonstrates that it is a broken system. Two many agencies with overlapping responsibilities. Government efficiency right?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I agree with your assessment completely. This case seemingly (based on current info) demonstrates that it is a broken system. Two many agencies with overlapping responsibilities. Government efficiency right?

Dirt n Dust,

"Government efficiency" is yet another oxymoron like "fast food", "jumbo shrimp", "friendly fire" & "cold fire".

yours, satx

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    Just think, what if 5 people in there where ccw holders, And they weren't allowed to protect themselves. The crooks are more likely to target places where there's a sign saying: no one in here has guns! It's an easy target!. Stupid people...

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Just think, what if 5 people in there where ccw holders, And they weren't allowed to protect themselves. The crooks are more likely to target places where there's a sign saying: no one in here has guns! It's an easy target!. Stupid people...

You may be not aware of this, but churches and such are not off limits for LTC holders anymore.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You may be not aware of this, but churches and such are not off limits for LTC holders anymore.

Kar98,

SOME churches have voted to be "gun free zones" & that choice too (though extremely FOOLISH, imo) is lawful in TX.

yours, satx

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Unfortunately most places can be off limits with the appropriate signage. I don't have the slightest idea about that church or what it's view on carrying are.

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    How do you know there weren't? Perhaps someone was carrying inside the church, attempted to engage the shooter and was just unsuccessful. Handgun against AR 15, the odds are not good. Esp. when the AR15 shooter has surprise on his side.

Dirt n Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    Kar98,

SOME churches have voted to be "gun free zones" & that choice too (though extremely FOOLISH, imo) is lawful in TX.

yours, satx
    Exactly. It depends on the church. I had a pastor in Odessa who encouraged us to attend armed while some churches in Central Texas have 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted everywhere. They have the option to prohibit carry just like a business.

Dirt n Dust

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    How do you know there weren't? Perhaps someone was carrying inside the church, attempted to engage the shooter and was just unsuccessful. Handgun against AR 15, the odds are not good.
    I had the same thought. There may have been armed attendees but they probably didn't have time to react.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Yeah, but even so. What diagnosis? What is the prescribed treatment that would have been effective? What can we do to catch this?

People who don’t want treatment for a diagnosis they don’t want to get assessed or treated aren’t going to be identified and helped. So it will continue. Calling whatever this is “mental issues” isn’t gonna cut it at the end of the day. And having a social stigma on “mental issues” just means most of it goes underground and is buried anyways. Until it pops up and is off the chain.

I totally agree, I was just speaking in general...

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    Kar98,

yours, satx
    Unfortunately most places can be off limits with the appropriate signage. I don't have the slightest idea about that church or what it's view on carrying are.
    Thank y'all for the info!

MuscleCarMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    Texas
    Exactly. It depends on the church. I had a pastor in Odessa who encouraged us to attend armed while some churches in Central Texas have 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted everywhere. They have the option to prohibit carry just like a business.
    Sounds like I need to check out that church!

Top Bottom