• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If it was just from an argument, then how do we have so many casualties and injuries?

I don't make up the news, just repeating what I've heard/read so far. The left would say because he snapped and just started shooting.

I don't know what really happened, so there's no real way to answer your question. We're all just waiting for answers. I just wanted to point out that while we wait, we shouldn't jump to any conclusions ourselves.
    Texas SOT

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Non-military / history buff here but some thoughts:

It seems (used very loosely) obvious whatever changes were made after the 2009 shooting were not enough. Did any Ft. Hood changes apply to all bases? What new changes can be expected?

Ft. Hood has produced many a soldier, what does the future hold for the base now?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Most of the changes would have no impact on either shooting. All the gates and things they put in would only stop an attack fom off base.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I'm with you, but they're saying the shooting stemmed from a dispute, so an armed soldier shooting another soldier he'd been arguing with doesn't exactly help the argument. It kind of gives ammo to the other side.
    Gotcha - I'm sure all the facts aren't in yet. Kinda went off the handle there.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    TBH, I haven't even turned on the news and this is the first visit I've made to read through the thread.

I figure it will be at least this time tomorrow before the news has anything that resembles accurate information.

Hope the wounded pull through.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I would have hoped after the shootings years back officers could cc on base.
    As for an argument started this- there's not enough out there yet. Why would someone go on a shooting spree, trying to kill innocent people over an argument? Why did he have a gun and did he sneak it in?

pray for the troops and veterans wherever they are. I hope they all get to come home to their families safe.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As for an argument started this- there's not enough out there yet. Why would someone go on a shooting spree, trying to kill innocent people over an argument? Why did he have a gun and did he sneak it in?

pray for the troops and veterans wherever they are. I hope they all get to come home to their families safe.

Officers?

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    My brother in law is an MP on Ft Hood. He said one of his higher ups (I THINK his CO) is trying to get it so base police at Ft Hood are allowed to concealed carry while on base with the proper certification. There's just a lot of red tape with it being a federal law and all.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    As for an argument started this- there's not enough out there yet. Why would someone go on a shooting spree, trying to kill innocent people over an argument? Why did he have a gun and did he sneak it in? pray for the troops and veterans wherever they are. I hope they all get to come home to their families safe.

It was an officer that carried out that shooting.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    From what I got from news breifing:
    Shooter killed 3,
    16 injured, some injuries incured judt trying to get away, not all gunshot wounds.
    10 to 15 minute response time by post police and mp? Seems awfull long, not sure where post police or provost marshall sre located now.
    Gen. Said he doesn't think CC on Ft Hood would be a good thing.
    Semi auto handgun, .45 cal., not registered on post as required, recently bought locally. Seems to have started with an argument in the company area.
    Shot himself when confronted by an MP.
    Damn shame any way you look at it.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My brother in law is an MP on Ft Hood. He said one of his higher ups (I THINK his CO) is trying to get it so base police at Ft Hood are allowed to concealed carry while on base with the proper certification. There's just a lot of red tape with it being a federal law and all.

That would be a good start

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    From what I got from news breifing:
    Shooter killed 3,
    16 injured, some injuries incured judt trying to get away, not all gunshot wounds.
    10 to 15 minute response time by post police and mp? Seems awfull long, not sure where post police or provost marshall sre located now.
    Gen. Said he doesn't think CC on Ft Hood would be a good thing.
    Semi auto handgun, .45 cal., not registered on post as required, recently bought locally. Seems to have started with an argument in the company area.
    Shot himself when confronted by an MP.
    Damn shame any way you look at it.

I thought I heard him say that and then I thought to myself "Nah, I misunderstood what he just said, surely he meant duration of event."

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I think he said it more than once was response time. But I also know that officers ussually know the least about what is accually going on or what happened.

TexasR.N.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Rampart
    If that response time is correct then the saying "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away" couldn't be more accurate in this instance.

(Pls note this not a slam on the police)

KiloKilo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2013
    So how do they know this .45 S&W was recently purchased locally? And what "box" did he check on the 4437 about being under medical/psychological treatment.....?? Did he falsify this information.....??
    KK

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Good question. At that time of day, they would have a hard time chasing it down that fast around killeen. Maybe he still had the receipt with him.

Top Bottom