• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    I've seen and handled these and I always thought they were great. If you're going to shoot that caliber, ammo is expensive. You'll want to reload. A bag attached to the magwell means you can rip off plenty of shots without losing brass.

Yes, I know there are brass catchers for regular ARs. However, they're bulky, clumsy things that hang off the side. The brass catcher for a 5.7 AR can be much more elegant in implementation.

Indeed, I use a cheap plastic mag with the follower, spring and feed lips removed as a brass catcher.
    Guns International

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    The drum beat for banning AR 15's is hitting a new high...

42% of Americans own firearms, there are 5 Million AR 15's in circulation in the US

Yesterday none of those legit gun owners killed anyone out of anger.

Ole Cowboy,

I don't know how much difference that it makes but there are (according to BATFE) over EIGHT MILLION AR-15 (& similar designed) rifles/carbines in USA civilian hands.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Ole Cowboy,

I don't know how much difference that it makes but there (according to BATFE) over EIGHT MILLION AR-15 (& similar designed) rifles/carbines in USA civilian hands.

yours, satx
    Thanks for the update, went back and checked and the data I pulled was going back to 2014

Reactions: MTA

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Check out this mangina. This is not how you get laid bro
    View attachment 131399

"I have other types I can shoot for the same enjoyment."

And when we magically get rid of each and every AR, AK, etc, etc... Those "other types" you have will be next on the chopping block when they become the gun de jure for a new age of nutters.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    And when we magically get rid of each and every AR, AK, etc, etc... Those "other types" you have will be next on the chopping block when they become the gun de jure for a new age of nutters.

Exactly. That shotgun becomes an assault shotgun, the hunting rifle becomes a sniper rifle. Revolvers - "Why do you need six shots? Why is the barrel so short?" etc.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Ole Cowboy,

Fwiw, of all my male friends (and several of the female ones) in The Alamo City, owns an AR or an AK rifle/carbine, except me.
    (I traded my circa 1970 "Colt's AR clone" off about 90 days ago for another Remington Model 760, in a rare caliber.)

Perhaps, my circle of friends are "odd" but I think not.

Note: My beloved Darla loves her 5.56mm rifle but it's a Model 7616 police carbine. - DEADLY with it is my Darla.

yours, satx

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Exactly. That shotgun becomes an assault shotgun, the hunting rifle becomes a sniper rifle. Revolvers - "Why do you need six shots? Why is the barrel so short?" etc.

WAIT! Maybe he was referring to his imported blowgun collection. :roflfunny:
    Amazonian-Tribes-Blowpipe-wm.jpg

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014

MTA89,

I'm truly surprised that PUMP-rifles "get a pass" from the ANTI-GUN/ANTI-self defense MORONS. = MY Darla can empty the 30-round AR magazines for that little police carbine & ACCURATELY about as fast as most people can fire a SA.

yours, satx

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    WAIT! Maybe he was referring to his imported blowgun collection. :roflfunny:
    View attachment 131435
    Well his last name is dickmann that implies that his trade is dicks so he may very well be the resident professional of blowing.

His behavior is just indicative of what a bunch of pussies American men are turning into. If he wants to turn in his guns, by all means go right the hell ahead. But he did that and then made it a point to tell everyone how righteous he is for doing so on facebook. Is this really what losers do when they can't get a woman? They go on fb to tell the world about how they lobbed off their nutsack and handed it into the government? Geez

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Well his last name is dickmann that implies that his trade is dicks so he may very well be the resident professional of blowing.

His behavior is just indicative of what a bunch of pussies American men are turning into. If he wants to turn in his guns, by all means go right the hell ahead. But he did that and then made it a point to tell everyone how righteous he is for doing so on facebook. Is this really what losers do when they can't get a woman? They go on fb to tell the world about how they lobbed off their nutsack and handed it into the government? Geez

Yep..doing something he believed in wasn't good enough.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Evidently Mr Dickmann needed more attention.

So I wonder if he can tell me why all of the other guns he has aren't so bad but this eeeevvvil AR must not fall into lowly civilan hands?

He must be a real Fudd's Fudd. Those are the types that will be losing their ever loving minds when their prized hunting weapons are next.

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I just hollered at a Florida DA who was on TV. She was saying “People with “mental issues” shouldn’t be able to have guns. So... who all does that involve exactly and for what percentage of their lives. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just hollered at a Florida DA who was on TV. She was saying “People with “mental issues” shouldn’t be able to have guns. So... who all does that involve exactly and for what percentage of their lives. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
    That is already a thing, though....

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    All kinds of people with mental illnesses have the rights to self defense.

Assuming they are law abiding, people who struggle with mental illness can lose their right in the rarest of cases, when a court gets involved and commits them involuntarily to an institution or declares them as “mental defective.” Otherwise, they don’t get flagged by a 4473 question.

Court involvement purely for commitment to an institution (not other legal problems) is really, really, really rare as far as “mental issues” goes.

Voluntary admission to hospital, no problem. People have depression, anxiety, ADHD, obsessive compulsive disorder, whole slew of diagnoses. Significant chunk of populatation that still needs and deserves their 2nd amendment rights.

People do often, get better, and appreciate having their 2nd amendment rights being intact. Mental Health is also not a static state, it fluctuates. People go into remission.

Changing the restriction on this from the mental health standpoint on gun control would involve a whole big can of worms that I’m opposed to. Let law enforcement handle it. Not mental health (speaking as a mental health provider).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom