• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The Idaho stop is a good or bad thing. Discuss.

I mean, as long as y'all want to go back and forth forever about something no one's gonna change their mind on... :)
    Screenshot_20210703-143528_Google.jpg

I'm for it!

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Just an observation....

When someone, not point to anyone in particular cause I dont usually look at who made the post unless I'm quoting it but I think I read this 3 or 4 times here, calls another a liberal or Democrat cause they disagree with them they come across as a childish phuktard.

Unless said person is a self proclaimed liberal Democrat. God knows we got a few of those wondering from time to time.

You can disagree about a law or practice and politics have nothing to do with it.

Lane splitting seem oddly apolitical to me.

So does blocking a vehicle and pulling your gun on the driver. Now I would say dead men have no political affiliation or tell no tales but we all know that's not always true.
    I said he argued like a liberal because olhag had clearly stated his side, but cycleguy can't read or won't acknowledge his answer and instead uses the same lame talking points over and over. He doesn't listen, he only spews. Just like a liberal. I'll stand by it. phucktard or not

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Like lane splitting it seems like it, the Idaho stop, is a self correcting kinda thing. Those who do it wrong are eventually removed from the equation.

What about folks who think stop signs with a white outline are optional or more of a prayer yield sign?

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Where is it clearly illegal?

There is not a single law which explicitly states a moto cannot. It is the combined interpretation of 545.060 and some of the other passing laws that make it "illegal", but challenge you to cite where it is "CLEARLY ILLEGAL"

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk
    It's not for you or me to interpret the law. That's the job of lawyers and judges...like I've already quoted two of in my earlier post. You can read those, if you like...both list the specific law word for word in their source link...Traffic Code 545.060. That doesn't give MC any special priviliges...it addresses operators...and a MC driver is included. All this opinion stuff is misdirected. Whether we all disagree or agree doesn't matter. The law is the law. (it can be changed, but not by rantin' and ravin'on a talk forum.)

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It's not for you or me to interpret the law. That's the job of lawyers and judges...like I've already quoted two of in my earlier post. You can read those, if you like...both list the specific law word for word in their source link...Traffic Code 545.060. That doesn't give MC any special priviliges...it addresses operators...and a MC driver is included. All this opinion stuff is misdirected. Whether we all disagree or agree doesn't matter. The law is the law. (it can be changed, but not by rantin' and ravin'on a talk forum.)

The key word is "safely" and that is for the front line enforcers to interpret by way of discretion.

I could want* to cite MC's for lane splitting all day long, but I can't catch them in a patrol car when there is traffic to write the ticket so the only way I can write a ticket is if they do it un-safely and crash.

"The only rules that really matter are these: What a man can do and what a man can't do." ~Capt Jack Sparrow

I forget I am not in Idaho all the time on the bicycle. Do 360 traffic check and safely roll through.

*I don't have any real want to unless there is something additionally unsafe.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    I think you just knocked me out cold with your mantra from a fictional movie character. I am done here.

Top Bottom