Any laws pertaining to a concealed shotgun/rifle?

Dragk913

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 12, 2009
South Houston
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there are laws about concealed shotguns or rifles (they are of legal length)?

I ride a motorcycle and often want to carry my shotgun or .308 but would rather not draw the attention of just using a sling.
I was thinking of carrying the gun in a guitar gig bag - so I could be discreet and stop at places (assuming there were no "No Firearms" signs) w/o the store owner calling the cops on a "man with a large gun walking around the store!".

Is this illegal?

I've been going over the Penal Codes but cannot find anything.

Thanks!
Austin

P.S.: If this has been covered, I apologize. I wasn't having much luck with the search function.

Dragk913

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 12, 2009
South Houston
This is illegal dude. Get a CHL and a big caliber handgun if you feel that undergunned. ;)

Hehe. I kinda figured it would be, but one can hope
Unfortunately, I won't be able to get a CHL until after basic training (Navy), once I'm considered active duty (I'm only 18..).

And it's not really that I feel undergunned, I just enjoy carrying a firearm

Thanks for the info!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there are laws about concealed shotguns or rifles (they are of legal length)?

I ride a motorcycle and often want to carry my shotgun or .308 but would rather not draw the attention of just using a sling.
I was thinking of carrying the gun in a guitar gig bag - so I could be discreet and stop at places (assuming there were no "No Firearms" signs) w/o the store owner calling the cops on a "man with a large gun walking around the store!".

Is this illegal?

I've been going over the Penal Codes but cannot find anything.

Thanks!
Austin

P.S.: If this has been covered, I apologize. I wasn't having much luck with the search function.

Did you not believe my answers on AR15.com?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May 28, 2008
Ft Worth, TX
can't you have a long gun in your truck/car...?

There is no prohibition against carrying a shotgun or rifle on a motorcycle either. If it were displayed, you might get a charge of disorderly conduct, displaying a firearm in a public in a manner calculated to alarm, but that's a stretch.

In a case it is perfectly legal.

Dragk913

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jun 12, 2009
South Houston
There is no prohibition against carrying a shotgun or rifle on a motorcycle either. If it were displayed, you might get a charge of disorderly conduct, displaying a firearm in a public in a manner calculated to alarm, but that's a stretch.

In a case it is perfectly legal.

I kinda figured the police would pull a "Disturbing the Peace" or something along those lines.

A guitar bag is technically a "case".;)

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom