Hurley's Gold

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    I'm a bad teetotaler. My freshman year of college I rode an evening with my cousin in Dallas once. Every single call was alcohol related. I asked him about it and he said that was a typical night.

Since booze was used in place of water before they figured out what a microorganism was, I think it's too ingrained to ban. But the world would be a better place.

Now I'll enjoy an occasional beer or just about anything. But I'm one drink and done. I can't handle my alcohol.

I know a defense lawyer, and he says what he does with dui cases is simple, the law says impaired. And if you don't blow they can only judge you on your behavior. So he gets the dashcam video. Says look this guy had a few drinks, sure, but come on does he look drunk to you?

Says it gets acquitted about 50% of the time.

I thought that if you didn't blow it was an automatic six months? Doesn't matter. The Texas DPA can forcibly take anything you have including your blood or feces samples if they want it. Soon they'll start removing organs on I35.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I thought that if you didn't blow it was an automatic six months? Doesn't matter. The Texas DPA can forcibly take anything you have including your blood or feces samples if they want it. Soon they'll start removing organs on I35.

Lol. Just say no, they're gonna take what they want anyway.

Major Kong

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Katy
    Just catching up on this thread.

Very therapeutic hearing everyone's reasons and stories.

I have been clean and sober for 5.5 years now. I never drank often, but once I started I couldn't stop. It was off to the races. I also developed an addiction to wackey weed. Smoked it pretty much all day everyday. My father was/is (he's been sober for 8 months) a high functioning alcoholic his whole life. I picked up both traits from him, and no one could tell when I was high or drunk.

After one of my father's trips to the ER because of an over serving I was standing over him preaching about the importance of sobriety. I realized the hypocrisy when I left him and went to the car and got high. I decided then that I needed help, and figured if I was going to get clean I might as well get totally clean.

My other motivation was my wife telling me I wouldn't see my 4 girls again if I continued.

I entered an outpatient program in 2005, and haven't had a drop of alcohol or a puff of Mary Jane since then.

I certainly don't look down on or judge people who still partake, I just choose my family over substances.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I used to drink a lot during my late teens and early twenties. Every weekend was about getting wasted. I'm not sure why I didn't get tired of the hangovers.

Now in my early thirties I will have a few beers during the week or a few weeks will pass before I drink one again.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Just catching up on this thread.

Very therapeutic hearing everyone's reasons and stories.

I have been clean and sober for 5.5 years now. I never drank often, but once I started I couldn't stop. It was off to the races. I also developed an addiction to wackey weed. Smoked it pretty much all day everyday. My father was/is (he's been sober for 8 months) a high functioning alcoholic his whole life. I picked up both traits from him, and no one could tell when I was high or drunk.

After one of my father's trips to the ER because of an over serving I was standing over him preaching about the importance of sobriety. I realized the hypocrisy when I left him and went to the car and got high. I decided then that I needed help, and figured if I was going to get clean I might as well get totally clean.

My other motivation was my wife telling me I wouldn't see my 4 girls again if I continued.

I entered an outpatient program in 2005, and haven't had a drop of alcohol or a puff of Mary Jane since then.

I certainly don't look down on or judge people who still partake, I just choose my family over substances.

Sent from a B-52 flying over Russia.

Congrats man.

Top Bottom