Patriot Mobile

Anyone actually have experience with HiPoint?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Why come here, ask advice for a gun you seem to have little to no experience with, then argure with people who tell you things you seem to not like?

Thats pretty much exactly why forums exist. People who don't know something about something, get to ask people who know about them. You say they are pot metal and trash, I asked if its personal experience and you said yes, personal experience with over 20. Then post a video of someone else's review spiking it on a rock, and say it pot metal again with nothing to back up why the 20 that you have experience with are bad. Have a feeling your experience with over 20 is 3rd party people telling you about them. Over 90% of the thread is of people saying they work. When I say you haven't given me evidence that they don't work, you seem to get upset cause your one video of someone doing something that no gun owner ever does isn't enough to discredit the rest of the posters that actually have one.
    Guns International

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thats pretty much exactly why forums exist. People who don't know something about something, get to ask people who know about them. You say they are pot metal and trash, I asked if its personal experience and you said yes, personal experience with over 20. Then post a video of someone else's review spiking it on a rock, and say it pot metal again with nothing to back up why the 20 that you have experience with are bad. Have a feeling your experience with over 20 is 3rd party people telling you about them. Over 90% of the thread is of people saying they work. When I say you haven't given me evidence that they don't work, you seem to get upset cause your one video of someone doing something that no gun owner ever does isn't enough to discredit the rest of the posters that actually have one.
    Well, I have experience with dozens of them over the course of almost 20 years and none have completed a 50 round course of fire without a malfunction.
    I believe @txinvestigator has similar experience with them on the lines he has called.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

You should learn to read. As ive said, magazines are terrible, possibly the worst in the industry, and the slid is litteraly made of pot metal. That is not an exaggeration, zamak is pot metal, and means the gun has to be very big and bulky. Im sorry i dont carefully document each and every hi point i come across, bit i can guarantee you that my experience is not from some nonsense I've read online, or heard from someone else. As it so happens my job involves dealing with firearms, and because hi points are so cheap, i see a lot of them

Toss in an extra benji, and you are in the world of police trade ins and turk pistols. You really sound like someone who is trying to justify their purchase

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    Well, I have experience with dozens of them over the course of almost 20 years and none have completed a 50 round course of fire without a malfunction.
    I believe @txinvestigator has similar experience with them on the lines he has called.
    See that’s how this work and you gave me a legitimate reply saying why they don’t work. Not just they are made of pot metal and if you spike them on a rock they will break. Then get upset when I say that’s not enough proof to discredit the rest of the positives.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    No one has yet top prove they are less reliable than a $500 firearm yet. Except for if you spike it down on a rock which seems like a reasonable thing to do.
    There is nothing to prove Tony... As far as reliability and warranty go I think the consensus is that they (Hi-Points) have become pretty reliable firearms over the past two decades. As "good" as they are, you can't argue that there are better firearms out there and they will never compare to Glocks, S&W, Sig, HK, etc. Yea, the snobs will always thumb their noses at them but that is their problem; buy what you want, it's your money. Simply get one and shoot it. If you like it, keep it; if not, toss it.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    You should learn to read. As ive said, magazines are terrible, possibly the worst in the industry, and the slid is litteraly made of pot metal. That is not an exaggeration, zamak is pot metal, and means the gun has to be very big and bulky. Im sorry i dont carefully document each and every hi point i come across, bit i can guarantee you that my experience is not from some nonsense I've read online, or heard from someone else. As it so happens my job involves dealing with firearms, and because hi points are so cheap, i see a lot of them

Toss in an extra benji, and you are in the world of police trade ins and turk pistols. You really sound like someone who is trying to justify their purchase

I have not purchased one, so I don’t need to justify it. Trying to get real experience from people who have handled one before I even consider the purchase. Just because something is more expensive or less doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad or good.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I have not purchased one, so I don’t need to justify it. Trying to get real experience from people who have handled one before I even consider the purchase. Just because something is more expensive or less doesn’t necessarily mean it’s bad or good.

Yet you dismiss multiple posters out of hand.

K.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    There is nothing to prove Tony... As far as reliability and warranty go I think the consensus is that they (Hi-Points) have become pretty reliable firearms over the past two decades. As "good" as they are, you can't argue that there are better firearms out there and they will never compare to Glocks, S&W, Sig, HK, etc. Yea, the snobs will always thumb their noses at them but that is their problem; buy what you want, it's your money. Simply get one and shoot it. If you like it, keep it; if not, toss it.

correct, I asked for a pistol that will probably live it’s life on the floorboard. Not a competition gun. Main concern was reliability

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have to concur with Ozzman on this. There are much better options than Hi-Point. Many of them are plagued with problems, but with their warranty and customer service, it doesn't matter if you are the first buyer or the tenth, they will fix it. Many I have heard of having problems are new ones with the original buyer. From what I understand after they make a trip back to the factor for fixing, they seem to be quite reliable.

A friend took one i on trade with some other guns. He didn't really want the pistol, but with the trading he did, he had no money in the Hi-Point. We tried to tear up that pistol, but just couldn't!

May have been the exception to the rule, I have no idea. I personally wouldn't search out to buy a Hi-Point, but I wouldn't turn it down if the price was right. They can make a fine cheap pistol to keep on a tractor, ATV or such.

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    I have to concur with Ozzman on this. There are much better options than Hi-Point. Many of them are plagued with problems, but with their warranty and customer service, it doesn't matter if you are the first buyer or the tenth, they will fix it. Many I have heard of having problems are new ones with the original buyer. From what I understand after they make a trip back to the factor for fixing, they seem to be quite reliable.

A friend took one i on trade with some other guns. He didn't really want the pistol, but with the trading he did, he had no money in the Hi-Point. We tried to tear up that pistol, but just couldn't!

May have been the exception to the rule, I have no idea. I personally wouldn't search out to buy a Hi-Point, but I wouldn't turn it down if the price was right. They can make a fine cheap pistol to keep on a tractor, ATV or such.
    That’s exactly what I’m wanting it for. If I can find a police trade in near the same price, of course I’ll go that route.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Dismissed who? The person that said his friends blew up and is now a boat anchor? Seems credible given the lack of evidence. Hoji has been the only person to say what experience he has and why.

You seem hung up on me calling the slide of the hi point pot metal, and ignored my mention of the magazines being terrible. Hoji mentioned hi pomts not making it through a course of fire previously in the thread, before you started talking about how everyone with a negative opinion on hi points has no actual experience with them.

Whatever. In any case, don't keep a gun in your car, the vast majority of stolen guns were taken from vehicles

Tonyt915

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2020
    Houston
    You seem hung up on me calling the slide of the hi point pot metal, and ignored my mention of the magazines being terrible. Hoji mentioned hi pomts not making it through a course of fire previously in the thread, before you started talking about how everyone with a negative opinion on hi points has no actual experience with them.

Whatever. In any case, don't keep a gun in your car, the vast majority of stolen guns were taken from vehicles

Im hung up on facts. I keep bringing that up because you have been mentioning it but never brought any support till today when you said the slides are made of zamak. Same with the magazines, today was the first day you said they are bad. Also I mentioned HOJI was the ONLY person who supported his claim for saying they are not reliable. You are in fact, the only one I said I had doubts of actual experience. I think we need to work on you're reading comprehension, I asked about it being reliable for a truck gun, not for use in a 3g competition.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Im hung up on facts. I keep bringing that up because you have been mentioning it but never brought any support till today when you said the slides are made of zamak. Same with the magazines, today was the first day you said they are bad. Also I mentioned HOJI was the ONLY person who supported his claim for saying they are not reliable. You are in fact, the only one I said I had doubts of actual experience. I think we need to work on you're reading comprehension, I asked about it being reliable for a truck gun, not for use in a 3g competition.

I had no idea it was still the 28th
    Capture+_2020-08-04-16-41-32.png

About that reading comprehension thing...

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-08-04-16-41-32.png
      Capture+_2020-08-04-16-41-32.png
      26.2 KB · Views: 286
    Top Bottom