• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    On the bottom screen title bar, on channel 11 (local CBS) tonight’s 5 pm newscast, it showed 187,154 in attendance. I got a kick out of that on-screen typo. (Must be the “new math” - that’s what it was called when I was growing up).

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    On the bottom screen title bar, on channel 11 (local CBS) tonight’s 5 pm newscast, it showed 187,154 in attendance. I got a kick out of that on-screen typo. (Must be the “new math” - that’s what it was called when I was growing up).

News and basic math and other facts. Always remember that when some self-annointed expert on the tube is telling you something:

kzDq5hn.jpg

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Not 70, it was only really 1 vote. No matter what the supposed ballot count was.
    My gut reaction was the same as soon as I heard about his loss. You're not the first to publicly take note of a situation meriting suspicion.

I dropped Mr. Kraut a note about it; if he responds, I'll pass it along.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    He wrote me back within minutes. In part, he said:
    I don’t think there was any foul play or anything like that. They started off with a large number of people handing out flyers for their candidate because they remembered last year. My ground game was a bit weaker and as a result I did not prevail.
    If the candidate accepts that, I will. He would know far better than me.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Is he running again next year? Is it too soon to start the ground game?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'll say this on this matter and leave it at that for now. When I was rolling around the show on my lil' scooter taking in the sights and such, I heard more than a basket full of very upset people talking about the NRA management situation. And not a few of them were at least twenty to thirty years my junior. I was hoping that possibly they were paying attention to the rumblings until I saw who was poised to become the next president. I fear that until there is something along the lines of a total and true kick in the nuttz, the management is not ever going to even consider a course correction.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    No surprise, thousands of armed citizens gathered in the area. You'd have to be brain dead not to realize that any crime around there might be seen by one of them if not many.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    We had dinner at Lockhart’s in Bishop Arts on the Thursday before the convention. Place was crawling with folks in town for the NRA convention. Had some good conversations with a few of them.

I can’t imagine any crimes happening around there on that night.

I assume most Texans I encounter are armed. And I assume all of those folks were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom