Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...I will see how much there is to see.
    There will be enough to see that it takes about 4 days. If you're only going to be there for a day or less then grab a map of exhibitors in advance and make a plan. You may have time to spend a satisfying amount of time at 20% of the exhibits...maybe.
    Military Camp

Texan-in-Training

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Rockdale, Texas
    Doesn't appear to be a place to stop at for lunch...
    31944245_1842333819150299_8311969475448537088_n.png

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If your at the convention sign him up for every mailing list and free offers you possibly can. He'll be getting gun related junk mail for ever.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    There will be enough to see that it takes about 4 days. If you're only going to be there for a day or less then grab a map of exhibitors in advance and make a plan. You may have time to spend a satisfying amount of time at 20% of the exhibits...maybe.

We went this afternoon, I wish we’d done this.

Just so much to see.
    But we had a great time...got to meet Les Baer, what a cool guy! Spent a lot of time shooting the breeze with him.

bb55a10007939bf4e63f0811a7567133.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I covered it all in about 4 hours.
    I, on the other hand, spent half an hour discussing the history of the Blaser pistol with the Blaser guys the last time I went. I also spent 10 minutes making notes from a guy who built PPC guns on which brass, how to prepare it, which primers to use, and what depth to seat them to get perfect ignition with a tuned-to-the-edge S&W revolver. Oh, and there was the 20 minutes spent handling the Krieghoff pump rifles. That's an hour to get me through 3 exhibits.

Yeah, there's a little exaggeration in that paragraph but it should give you an idea how I approach the exhibits that interest me. Still, it's clear that "spending a satisfying amount of time at an exhibit" has different definitions for different folks.
    We went this afternoon, I wish we’d done this.
    Thanks, big time, for the photo.

I strongly encourage everyone there to post photos, stories, and impressions. Please let me live vicariously through you. :)

ThirdCoast2A

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    We got there first thing yesterday morning. 4hrs. on the exhibitors floor and only got half way thru.

Heard both President Trump and VP Pence speak both did a good job delivering their message. Two very different styles but good. I enjoyed the POTUS speech more than I thought I would.

Going back today to finish off the exhibition floor.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Going back today to finish off the exhibition floor.

Ditto; did a four hour ‘walk through’ yesterday. And going back today with a friend, to hit the highlights in a little more detail.

The big thing that jumped out to me, was the average age of attendees. ALL old farts (like me); virtually no younger NRA members in attendance. Now, because it was a Friday and people work or are in classes, maybe it wasn’t a good time to judge. But it, nevertheless, was a little disconcerting. We’ll see if I get a different impression today. Otherwise, I’m not sure there will be enough (numerically) defenders of 2A, on the morrow, to keep “the founders” intention alive! (Worrisome.... for our country...)

Last edited:

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    My buddy and I had a good time yesterday. We rolled in when they opened the door and rolled out at 1740. My scooter battery barely had enough juice to get to the turn in. We switched off on who rode and who walked. We each collected a good 50 lbs of reading material.

I bought some Slip2000 Carbon Killer and EWL at a shockingly good deal, damn close to 50% off. Picked up two Ed Brown 1911 10mm mags for $10 each, a few Wilson 47D mags for $25 each and a few dribs and drabs here and there.

There were some good deals to be had for sure.

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    I decided to not go. the MSM making a big fuss and talk of protesters and just too much crap that I didn't really feel like dealing with. Besides I'm not a fan of big crowds and I can continue to support the NRA even if I don't go to the annual meetup. Glad to hear things are going smoothly and that everyone is having a good time. (NRA members anyway lol)

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So many protestors!

View attachment 137625

Like, all four of them.

I was just reading an article too about a parent from Parkland speaking in Dallas and couldn't help but wonder where was soy boy Hogg? Seems to me if your movement was so strong they would have organized a big turn out during the convention.

I guess his 15 minutes are up and mostly forgotten about by the feckless millennials who donated their mostly warm bodies to past marches.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Military Arms Channel is live now: Live at NRAAM

I got a chance to meet MAC and talk to him for about 1.5 hours last night. Very glad he is leading the charge.

Also talked to 22 Plinkster for a little while and I met James Yeager who was really friendly

I saw zero protestors other than a truck with a bill board from everytown for gun safety. I flipped the driver off

Top Bottom