• Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    *GRAIN OF SALT*

Talked to an NRA phone rep. a few minutes ago. Per him, the only area that is off limits is the auditorium/meeting room. The rest of the arena is supposed to be okay for firearms and weapons.

*GRAIN OF SALT*
    Military Camp

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Even though they are claiming this is for the Leadership forum, betting the Secret Service won't allow concealed or open carry firearms in the Convention Center until after President and V.P. have gone.
    If you're taking the Dart train to the Convention Center there won't be any place to lock up your firearm if it's not allowed in the building.

This is not the first rodeo for the USSS. Only the venues where they are and egress points will be off-limits. The rest of the show is fine. Seriously, you really think they are going to bans guns from the exhibit hall?

Chirpy

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Hutto, TX (kinda)
    Lots, but here's a big one.

Hang around at the very end of the show, as everybody is leaving and the exhibitors are starting to pack up.

Obviously there are no guns for sale. However, at the end of the show the exhibitors are completely worn out. Sometimes they'll latch onto any excuse to get out of packing up all the crap in their booth.

Having been one of the poor schmucks working trade shows in a past life, I can verify that he speaks truth.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've been to a different type of convention where Bush 41 was keynote speaker back when 43 was running for office. (41 was a kit warmer and more personable in person than he was on TV. He was also funny as hell).

Cops and secret service everywhere. Most of the secret service were very well hidden even to people like me looking for them.

No pat downs or wands back then, but did have some signs and plenty of security. Only restrictions was the event hall where he was speaking. No issues with the exhibit hall next door in the same hallway.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Okay, I will more than likely be making it. Since this is last minute and I'm a bit tight on funds I may just sleep in my car the 1st day, but as long as I make it that is what is important.

Also for anyone going, please go vote for Adam Kraut for the 76th board member seat. We need serious gun rights activists on the board instead of just the establishment types.

Who can vote - ALL NRA Members
    Where to vote - Outside Exhibit Hall A
    When to vote - Thurs. 2 PM to 6 PM, Fri. 8 AM to 6 PM and Sat. 8 AM to 4 PM.

Last year we lost by only 60 votes. Bring everyone with you to cast a ballot.

If you're interested in helping distribute campaign literature for as long as you want, let me know. It's your annual meeting and I'd appreciate all the help I can get.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I am going on friday. Going to take the Dart in from Richardson so I dont have to deal with parking fiasco. Anyone else going friday morning?

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I'm going to attempt to be there between 10:00 and 11:00. Depending on weather, traffic, the breakfast drive thru, etc., etc., and so on.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Going to take the Dart in from Richardson...
    People making last-second decisions could use some help with that.

If someone wanted to go and decided right now, what area could they stay near what DART station and which train should they take to which DART station close to the action?

I don't want to impose but local knowledge would be hugely useful right now.

Reactions: MTA

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    People making last-second decisions could use some help with that.

If someone wanted to go and decided right now, what area could they stay near what DART station and which train should they take to which DART station close to the action?

I don't want to impose but local knowledge would be hugely useful right now.

Ok lime green arrow points to the stop which is actually directly at the convention center. You will need to be on the red line or blue line to get off there. transfers happen at the four stations where all lines meet right north of the convention center. If you are coming from northwest Texas, I would stay in Denton and take the DCTA train (Denton train) to the green line. If you are coming from northeast Texas, like me, I would stay or drive into Richardson and then take the red line in. I am going to park at the Parker Road station and head down that way.

P marker designates that there is parking at the stations. I would get there early as parking may fill up on the weekends. Hotels are much cheaper out in Denton area or near Mckinney. I cant speak for the lower half of DFW but I believe hotels near Rowlett (note blue line) may be cheap as well. Hotels in Irving + Dallas are expensive as hell and are probably sold out.

One last disclaimer and this is pure speculation, there may be hippies out and about causing a ruckus. If they see your truck or car with pro-2a stickers, it may be a target. I know most places have security and whatever but that still might no deter a pack of commies backed by sympathetic dallas liberal politicians. The train provides a good way to keep your vehicle away from the madness and traffic. Just a thought if you cant stand traffic or communists

dart map.PNG

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    There is a DART station called ‘Convention Center’ that’s located across the street from the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center. It’s served by the Red and Blue Lines.

https://www.dart.org/riding/stations/conventioncenterstation.asp

One stop/station north is Union Station, which is the train connection station to DFW & Fort Worth.

Tickets can be bought in advance by use of the ‘Go Pass’ App. DART day pass is $5 - cheapest parking down there is $10 (most lots are $15).

Last edited:

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX
    for any who dont know dont open carry on the DART. they'll call the cops and have the cops ask for your LTC and drivers license... to me it sounds illegal but they do it according to their site.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    for any who dont know dont open carry on the DART. they'll call the cops and have the cops ask for your LTC and drivers license...
    And then what? :laughing: Bet the cops will get real tired of taking their calls if more than just a handful of people OC'ing get on the bus that day.

Top Bottom