Gun Zone Deals

Anyone have a hog problem on their land?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buda798

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Wanting to hunt some hogs. Will drive anywhere in Texas. If you wanna charge a little bit that's fine too.
    Gun Zone Deals

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I've never hunted and would love to tag along on a hog hunt. My last one fell through so if any of y'all get one going and don't mind a tag along, let me know!

buda798

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Some friends of mine on facebook are offering to let me go with them. They said they have several thousand acres of pecan orchards. If I can get it figure out with them you're welcome to come. They said it's around Taylor around Austin somewhere.

smtimelevi

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    San Antonio
    Some friends of mine on facebook are offering to let me go with them. They said they have several thousand acres of pecan orchards. If I can get it figure out with them you're welcome to come. They said it's around Taylor around Austin somewhere.

Better be careful. You'll have everybody on this board wanting to go. Including me, lol

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Land owner - "Yeah! those damn hogs are tearing up my stuff!"

Hunter - "I'll hunt them and get rid of your problem"

Land Owner - "Excellent! That will be $200 per gun per day and sign this 1200 page waiver release and if you sneeze I'll call the cops, thank you"

:rolleyes:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    As I have stated before, if the land owner has ever been to a public gun range and witnessed the full blown retard that happens at one, why would he think YOU are any better with a gun than those yahoos. It takes time to build relationships with the ranchers.
    I get asked to kill pigs all over the place because I have taken the time to cultivate a trust with landowners all over the area, as opposed to bitching about not understanding why landowners in Texas aren't just opening their gates and inviting everyone and their brother in to shoot his livestock.

bullgator

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Houston TX
    Land owner - "Yeah! those damn hogs are tearing up my stuff!"

Hunter - "I'll hunt them and get rid of your problem"

Land Owner - "Excellent! That will be $200 per gun per day and sign this 1200 page waiver release and if you sneeze I'll call the cops, thank you"

:rolleyes:

LOL! I wanna go too. Really!

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    As I have stated before, if the land owner has ever been to a public gun range and witnessed the full blown retard that happens at one, why would he think YOU are any better with a gun than those yahoos. It takes time to build relationships with the ranchers.
    I get asked to kill pigs all over the place because I have taken the time to cultivate a trust with landowners all over the area, as opposed to bitching about not understanding why landowners in Texas aren't just opening their gates and inviting everyone and their brother in to shoot his livestock.

We get all of that BUT they still bitch and vagina rag about a problem of 3.5 million hogs on the lose tearing up their property. Are you saying that after all of these YEARS they were unable to meet/greet/befriend a few to solve their problem... hmmm?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    We get all of that BUT they still bitch and vagina rag about a problem of 3.5 million hogs on the lose tearing up their property. Are you saying that after all of these YEARS they were unable to meet/greet/befriend a few to solve their problem... hmmm?
    Most of them have. I tell people "no" all the time as I just do not have the time to travel all over the state and kill pigs. The people that offer to pay me for that skill set get first priority.

most have at one time allowed yahoos on their property as well and found bullet holes in cows, horses, water troughs, and in one case his dog.

if they do not know you, expect to be charged a fee.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Most of them have. I tell people "no" all the time as I just do not have the time to travel all over the state and kill pigs. The people that offer to pay me for that skill set get first priority.

most have at one time allowed yahoos on their property as well and found bullet holes in cows, horses, water troughs, and in one case his dog.

if they do not know you, expect to be charged a fee.

You get PAID for killing! Good god damn all mighty lol .... and here I was traveling to Corsicana and San Angelo laying waste to herds of them for free. I am certainly going to have to start calling around to see how much I can charge - whew-wee.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You get PAID for killing! Good god damn all mighty lol .... and here I was traveling to Corsicana and San Angelo laying waste to herds of them for free. I am certainly going to have to start calling around to see how much I can charge - whew-wee.

If you do, and you have the technology to effectively chase them at night( and there are a lot of pigs) you may want to charge by the pig.

I generally work a trade with the Landowner. I have no shortage of counties I can hunt deer, duck, dove and turkey in.

And yes, I caught the sarcasm in your response. You may want to ask Sig_Fiend and Texas1911 what my fulltime job was before left it in November to work overseas.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    A lot of people here have some of the best rigs and skills to get the job done. Its jsut a matter of trust and honor that needs to be put in place.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I have a major hog problem and am not a dick as long as you don't do anything illegal, don't go '"muddin'" and pick up your trash. Yes, there's a waiver involved (I'm nice, not stupid). No charge. Only interested in eradication with cleanup; not one off hunting. PM me for details.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    Problem is land owners have these critters on their land that are destructive so they charge money to recoup some of the damage. Not all that unreasonable when you think about it.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Another reason landowners may be reluctant to let people hunt on their land is that there are more effective ways of killing them. Unless you are geared to the hilt( NV, Thermal, suppressed, have a Polaris , etc) then hunting under lights, or with spotlights is generally good for one or two pigs.

A trap is good for dozens, and snares are good for hundreds.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    For you city slickers who may not understand what a hog problem is; I snapped these pics at my place in Fannin County this morning:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367014544.685427.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367014544.685427.jpg
      79.2 KB · Views: 180
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367014566.318995.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367014566.318995.jpg
      81.2 KB · Views: 205
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367014582.352136.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367014582.352136.jpg
      79.8 KB · Views: 184
    • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367014596.036151.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367014596.036151.jpg