Gun Zone Deals

Anyone have a hog problem on their land?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    The problem is, at least in my area, that most "good old fashion hunters" I've allowed on my land turned out to be drunk assholes who were just looking for a place to camp, drink, shoot anything they want regardless of our agreement and leave trash everywhere. I've even had "responsible, good old fashion hunters" cut locks to get into fields that I clearly placed off limits.

I learn from experience and so do, I assume, many other land owners. I'd rather have a hog problem that an asshole problem.
    ^^^^This^^^^
    Gun Zone Deals

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    The problem is, at least in my area, that most "good old fashion hunters" I've allowed on my land turned out to be drunk assholes who were just looking for a place to camp, drink, shoot anything they want regardless of our agreement and leave trash everywhere. I've even had "responsible, good old fashion hunters" cut locks to get into fields that I clearly placed off limits.

I learn from experience and so do, I assume, many other land owners. I'd rather have a hog problem that an asshole problem.

Pretty much, one of my buddy's dad owns a Buncha land out in east Texas, half the work is making sure people aren't just helping themselves to your land it seems like.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Why have YOU suddenly taken such a liking to my opinion? That's all it is especially on a social internet forum. My opinion is that it seems awfully strange that this "hog problem" has been around for YEARS and yet people still complain about it. There is an ample supply of good old fashioned hunters out there to eradicate them.

Personally I would have liked to continue to shoot where I did but San Angelo is just to far away and the lady we know had her home blow up from underneath her an her husband died. She moved away and sold the 50 acres she had.

Anything else? Your calling me out on this is weak sauce.

You give yourself too much credit....this being a social Internet forum and all. I'm calling out all of the people who come in here acting like they are entitled to free access and hog hunting just because land owners/ranchers/farmers are complaining. The bitching about not being given an opportunity to "help" is hypocritical, and sounds like a bunch of goddamned democrats looking for handouts.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    You give yourself too much credit....this being a social Internet forum and all. I'm calling out all of the people who come in here acting like they are entitled to free access and hog hunting just because land owners/ranchers/farmers are complaining. The bitching about not being given an opportunity to "help" is hypocritical, and sounds like a bunch of goddamned democrats looking for handouts.

The two people that asked me to come out and help out with their problem were sincere. No one was entitled to anything? I find the problem/solution to be both perplexing and comical. Emotional much?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have to agree about the assholes. Most I've approached about hunting (and even offered to pay) decline due to bad past experiences.

It sucks that idiots ruin it for those of us who do care but I also understand how time consuming and expensive it can get fixing what someone has torn up.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have to agree about the assholes. Most I've approached about hunting (and even offered to pay) decline due to bad past experiences.

It sucks that idiots ruin it for those of us who do care but I also understand how time consuming and expensive it can get fixing what someone has torn up.
    The majority are the idiots, IMO.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Precisely. I get the part about bad experiences with bad people but after so many years it would seem that the problem could/should have been worked out to some degree.

stx kid

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    laredo
    Call me a rarity but when I get invited to someone's property for a hog hunt, I make DAMN sure that the area is immaculate after I leave. I bring my own corn/bait , and the meat that I cant use (out of what I'm allowed to keep) gets donated to the local food bank.

personally, I use a 22 for hog ( I'm not a badass, I'm just sneaky).

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I still do not understand why people get upset that we private land owners have zero interest in allowing strangers to hunt our property.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I still do not understand why people get upset that we private land owners have zero interest in allowing strangers to hunt our property.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Hogs."

So, you have to give me access to hunt your land....especially if you bitch about a hog problem.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Call me a rarity but when I get invited to someone's property for a hog hunt, I make DAMN sure that the area is immaculate after I leave. I bring my own corn/bait , and the meat that I cant use (out of what I'm allowed to keep) gets donated to the local food bank.

personally, I use a 22 for hog ( I'm not a badass, I'm just sneaky).
    Illegal in Texas to donate feral swine to food bank.

Top Bottom