Anyone up for a weight loss challenge?

Discussion in 'Fitness' started by breakingcontact, Nov 6, 2013.

1. breakingcontact

breakingcontact TGT Addict

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    I know real change comes with eating better and moving more. So now that, thats out of the way...

Anyone want to lay it on the line and do a weight loss challenge for a month or something?

Its good to be part of a group for encouragement and accountability.

We can end it on Thanksgiving.

2. SR9TEX

SR9TEX Active Member

Sep 23, 2013
    I'm 2 days in to No soda and staying around 1500-2k calories in a day.
    Feels like I'm eating like a bird and I have got to say I am not to excited about veggies, grilled chicken and salad and such but I'm dealing with it for now.

Trying to keep it up through the new year, can't quit for Thanksgiving even though its the worst part of the year to eat right.

3. RandomHero

RandomHero Well-Known

bit of advice, dont burn out. in fact, look into keto/caveman/lowarb. low fat/high protien will burn you out in a week or two.

4. RandomHero

RandomHero Well-Known

id be down, as i really need to step up, but with 40hrs+ of work and full time school, im having problems finding gym time.

maybe some sort of reward would help with the kick in the pants, plus it would have to be longer than a month.

5. Anger

Anger Well-Known

yep. im in. started yesterday. my short term time frame will last till Dec21st ish minimum.

6. breakingcontact

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Alright. Might just make this a running thread and not that structured so people can participate as they wish.

So...i weigh 220 this morning. Will try to update so long as there is some participation here.

My goal right now is no sugary drinks dammits!

7. Anger

Anger Well-Known

235 start. goal is to get under 200 by the 21st of december. cutting out beer, reducing carbs as much as i can to get more balanced. Will need to start riding my bicycle again and get more exercise in general. office work and a poor diet has made me flabby.

8. breakingcontact

Oct 16, 2012
    Outside Austin
    Wow. Thats about 100% my situation too.

9. SR9TEX

SR9TEX Active Member

Sep 23, 2013
    I Have to find a scale for my big ass, I'm 6'7" and normally around 290-300lbs.

I also cut out beer, I have 1 sweet tea a day if any but try to stick to straight water if possible.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  10. SR9TEX

SR9TEX Active Member

Sep 23, 2013
    I'm screwed, came in at 354lbs. Guess being out of work for a few months made me a even bigger fat ass.