Gun Zone Deals

ATF proposed rule 2021R-05, Definition of “Frame or Receiver” and Identification of Firearms.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Note sent with an additional paragraph:

In addition, I would like know when our, the people of the United States of America, Legislative bodies abdicated their duties to the bureaucrats of various agencies within the government? Since when is it the job of some guy/girl that wasn't even elected to write laws that govern The People? The last I heard, the United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a communist dictatorship.

Probably not formatted properly but, i'm just getting tired of the bullshit coming out of D.C.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Yeah context was how we buy them now. Completely unmarked.

What we still do not know is how much matching you can do to a block of aluminum before it is a firearm. Obviously a lot less than today
    by "matching" I think you mean "machining" If so, it appears a block of aluminum that sits in the metal dealer could be loosely called a firearm. Does not matter if you are acquitted down the road. Once federal cops go after you, you are broke, on the streets but acquitted.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    by "matching" I think you mean "machining" If so, it appears a block of aluminum that sits in the metal dealer could be loosely called a firearm. Does not matter if you are acquitted down the road. Once federal cops go after you, you are broke, on the streets but acquitted.
    Yes machining.

Wiliamr

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Austin
    Note sent with an additional paragraph:

In addition, I would like know when our, the people of the United States of America, Legislative bodies abdicated their duties to the bureaucrats of various agencies within the government? Since when is it the job of some guy/girl that wasn't even elected to write laws that govern The People? The last I heard, the United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a communist dictatorship.

Probably not formatted properly but, i'm just getting tired of the bullshit coming out of D.C.
    Sadly, the laws have pretty much over the last 200 years once passed by Congress and signed by the President have been turned over to the various Departments, ( i.e., Treasury, Justice, Transportation, State, etc.) that have to publish regulations in the Federal Register and then go into effect.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    These idiots do realize that if people don't want to comply all they have to do is walk out into their workshop? Like the ability to make a firearm unserialized, unregistered, even with rifling, AINT THAT DIFFICULT. We're being kind by complying. I've always been above board, but there is going to be a point and when that point tips expect the handy guy on your block with a full workshop to be pumping out full auto suppressed weapons pretty easily.

I noticed that mass shooting last week in Sacramento got quiet real quick when they found out who and what the perpetrators were. Criminals will NEVER abide by regulations. And making more regulations will not decrease their desire or ability to acquire firearms.

15 years ago I was joking about Texans and how we have all sorts of guns with some friends of mine, who happened to be Serbian and possibly affiliated with a criminal organization. They knew I was into guns and asked if I wanted an RPG. I said "serious?" they said "yeah we can go pick them up right now" THEM.. plural. The price was not outrageous either.

As porous as the border is. I'm pretty sure you could sneak any damned thing you want over it and have it into the hands of anyone within 24 hours.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Sadly, the laws have pretty much over the last 200 years once passed by Congress and signed by the President have been turned over to the various Departments, ( i.e., Treasury, Justice, Transportation, State, etc.) that have to publish regulations in the Federal Register and then go into effect.
    Which is exactly why I added that statement.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    True. But if what the video above gleaned from the White House press release is even close to the truth, the situation is pretty damned grim.

What is worse is the current administration is on a full court press in every agency to rewrite rules expanding their power and literally changing the law instead of the regulation.

It will take decades worth of law suits to unfûck all the changes that have occurred in the last 14 months.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Several of the European countries have the serial numbers of the frame and slide not to mention the odd few that have the serial numbers on the barrel as well. Sounds like that is the step the Feds want to take.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    These things are rarely overturned

Yeah, I know. But the current administration is having a hard time rule making. I’m not exactly expecting a lot, but there are a few challenges to rules (in general) that offer a glimmer of hope in the fight against regulatory expansion.

…stack courts...
    Already underway; there’s a tenth confirmed SCOTUS justice waiting in the wings and Breyer isn’t retired yet. The precedent is now set that by simply announcing a retirement fed judgeships will be waitlisted.

Maybe someday politicians will realize how badly politics have fûcked up good governance. Hell, who am I kidding?

Top Bottom