• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    The line was very quick. The show was freakin awful. I saw a few 10/22s that were marked up only by 50-75%. I saw not a single box of ammo that I was willing to pay for. However I was able to get a vendor to buy my two E-Lander mags for what I had bought them for, which I turned around and bought two PMags for not much more. Usually wouldn't pay for PMags at $25 a piece, but I just looked at it like getting them for $15 since I got rid of the other two. Other than that we got some freeze dried onions and a novelty STARS cup. That will be my last gun show for a long time. R-E-T-A-R-D-E-D prices. I'll be updating that Alamo Ammo thread if I can find it, with a doozie of a pic.

Col Sanders

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    any decently priced 7.62x4r ammo? I'm planning on going looking for that, some other Mosin accesories since I just picked one up and to generally window show but reports may talk me out of it

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    Prices are high but not as high as they were in the past. Stay away from The Crazy gun guys table which you will recognise the employees are wearing bright orange shirts and their tables are a disorganized mess. I noticed they were being rude to some of the customers

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Great new venue, spent less than a minute in line at 11:00 and left within the hour. $600 factory reconditioned Glocks, $1600 junk AK's, $4000 SCAR's and buck-a-round (or more) ammo as far as the eye can see. The jerky was good though. I saw a few firearms at local retail pricing levels, but nothing special.

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    This was the only thing I picked up. My wife bought a mag for her sr22. Meet Hank

Who wants to help me shoot him?
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Actually saw some light at the end of the tunnel today.

First off, WC Armory was there with reasonably priced reloading supplies. There were still SPP's left at ~11:15. When I was there around 9:45 they had a pretty good supply of powder as well.

Second gun prices were trending down. Yes, there were still some people selling at high prices but not everyone. Lots of people were trending towards reasonable. The difference was pretty drastic though, I saw one M&P 9c for $489 and the same gun at a different table was $649. I think by the show in July gun prices will be back to normal.

Ammo prices were, of course, completely outrageous.

All in all, I will be back when they come back to Cedar Park.

Also, breakfast at 1431 cafe was pretty good. Hopefully we can get more people to join next time.

Reverendbiker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Central Texas
    I guess it's subjective, but I thought this was the best show I've been to in Central Texas. Large selection, lots of vendors. Lots of convenient parking, easy traffic access. Clean facility. Lines moved quickly. Lots of panic-priced ripoffs (a brick of Remington rimfire for $150???) but shopping carefully can turn up plenty of bargains. Had to stand in line, but I bought Winchester small pistol and large pistol primers for $35/1000 and a pound of Bullseye for under $21. Haven't seen prices that low in a while...

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I agree with dalto. Gun prices are starting to come back to reason. AR's have definitely started to come back down but for some reason AK's haven't. Handguns other than Glocks seem to be about what they were before the panic, maybe a tad higher but not anything outrageous from what I saw.

Ammo is still real bad on common calibers. The only bright side is that at least you're starting to actually see it again. I got a couple of boxes of 30-30 at $20 each which was about normal, but I haven't even been able to find it anywhere. What 9mm I did see was still in the $.75 to $1 per round range. I didn't look that closely but I seem to remember 7.62x39 going for around $.50/round. Didn't pay attention to 7.62x54R as someone asked about. Someone had a box of .22LR priced at $149 for I think 300, maybe 500 rounds. The prices on .22 make me very sad.

Yeah, the folks in the orange shirts are a bit over the top. I didn't notice them being rude to anybody but there's definitely a carnival barker atmosphere at that table and the merchandise is really scattered about. His prices are all over the map so be careful. Most were crazy high but he had the best deal at the show on a Kahr CW-45 at $399.

Great venue, very crowded. Line was not bad at all at 10:00 a.m., maybe 30 people?

And yeah, it's still posted 30.06.

Flewda

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Ohio (But my heart is in Texas)
    I thought the venue was great. It's close, the parking was awesome, and yeah the line moved very fast. Funny thing is, you're best to bring a gun with you because that was a separate line (to get checked and zip tied) and the line there was practically non-existent lol. I wasn't expecting to buy a gun today, so I didn't look too much, but the ammo was so ridiculous.

Shuutr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2012
    austin
    I thought the venue was great. It's close, the parking was awesome, and yeah the line moved very fast. Funny thing is, you're best to bring a gun with you because that was a separate line (to get checked and zip tied) and the line there was practically non-existent lol. I wasn't expecting to buy a gun today, so I didn't look too much, but the ammo was so ridiculous.

This is how I felt walking around.

Last edited:

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Son and I went.. Bought a couple of hats, a knife, water can, nvg case, lots of jerky.. Not a horrible show, I'll go back in July.. Funny pricing on guns.. Xdm45acp outside main auditorium was $100 more than inside.. Ammo.. You kidding me.. $150 for a brick of .22.??? What the hell kind of nut job would pay that much for .22???? I have 5k rounds, perhaps I should take half up there tomorrow... Insane I tell you!

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    No body said hi to me! Had a tgt hat on. C'mon people a guy with a ak shirt with multicam bdus combat boots not one from here... Said hi?

I saw lots of friends and family that i didnt know were going. Bought powder for 20 bucks bought more powder for 20.. Bought lots of primers for 25. And a ar 15 receiver for 176. Very good day for me. As none of that I've seen in months! Bought a cz Mauser for 200 with 200 rds of ammo bought a ruger sp101 22 for a way better price than reds or cabelas. Flirted with girls too!!! Yeah sure 550 22 for 149 but hey great day for me.

safarigene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Jonesboro
    Headed down that way tomorrow and am looking for a 308 heavy barrel rifle. Anybody notice if there were any Savage or Remington 308's there at decent prices? Also thinking about trading or selling my AR. Have never been, so am trying to see if it is worth the drive from Florence.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Sounds just like the shows down here, prices are still pretty high but at least there are items for sale unlike 2008 when there was nothing being offered. Differences in vendor pricing is typical as well, I saw an AMD-65 at one table that was twice the price of the exact same rifle just two rows over!

And before the panic AR prices were on the decline while AK prices were starting to creep up so it still being that way is not too surprising. I suspect that the panic buying is subsiding and prices will start decreasing in the next few months as stock doesn't sell. Heck, I saw a bunch of .22 bricks the other day at a local gun shop, and while they were still expensive ($45) at least there was some.

My greatest fear is that some stupidity from Washington will cause everything to go to hell again in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom