• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Another thought... we might end up with a few groups broken up into what works best for their schedules. Like sub-groups. The members that can fit it in, could train with both when possable. MG
    Guns International

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Another thought... we might end up with a few groups broken up into what works best for their schedules. Like sub-groups. The members that can fit it in, could train with both when possable. MG
    That dose sound like a good idea.
    And Hoji was that offer on the 500 during my class (3/1/09, 3/8/09, 3/9/09) because I'm sure we would have no problem watching that!

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop

Great idea, have sub-groups that train, maybe depending on the area they live and then the whole group gets together frequently to train as a whole and share the information they have learned in their sub-groups....maybe the sub-groups host an event for the overall group or the like...would probably be easier to set things up like that.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This all sounds good folks. Like I said, anything is fair game. I wasn't looking for us to focus on any specific type of training, but rather just training in general.

That's good you mentioned that, Jay524288, about the additional defensive "tools" like hand to hand, knife, etc. Personally, I look at it as more tools for the toolbox, and better to hone all of them just in case. So, I'm game for anything like this as well.

Okay, so how does this sound gentlemen? Lets setup a meeting at some place other than a shooting range, like maybe dinner at a restaurant or something. Then we can meet each other, chat for awhile, possibly work some more details out, and make sure none of us are nutjobs of course. ;) lol Then we can go from there and figure out what to do for the next meet. Sound like a plan? It sounds like weekends are going to be the best for most of you. How does a Saturday evening dinner sound? Say maybe ~5-8pm or somewhere thereabouts? I'll have to set it up for at least ~2-3 weeks in advance so I can take the day off or leave early at least. So where do you all want to eat? ;)

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    Food is food... as long as the place doesn't mind us sitting and talking " shop" around their customers. Hopefully some place quiet enough to hear ones self think..( ie: no Chucky Cheese) I'm a meat and potatos guy, but pizza is ok too. Also, it might be a good idea to write down any thoughts/questions you have about this group so we can be sure to cover as much as possable during the meeting. Seems like I can't function any more without my "notes" SO, Sig, you started this mess.... how about you pick a place??? If the choice offends someone in this group....well... they might want to re-think this whole thing. IMHO...It's about setting up a training unit, not about what the first course will be..."Sir, will you have the chicken, or the fish?" (Me )...."How about 14 gr, of 2400... topped off with a 230gr. JHP?" MG

tjdawkins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    Two groups that I am memebrs of, TexasRovers and Engineers without Borders, have found that Rudy's BBQ is a great place for informal meetings. We regularly eat then sit and visit for a while.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have been a bit absent lately but I guess I'll chime in. I am a firearms instructor (NRA, TCLEOSE), IPSC B-limited shooter, reloader (30+ years), bullet caster (25 years), LE DT instructor (PPCT), Aikido student, etc.
    I would be willing to participate.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Okay, so here's the deal. The meet will be at the Rudy's west location at 6pm on a Saturday. That should give the folks coming from out of town plenty of time hopefully. Here's the address and map:

Rudy's "Country Store" and Bar-B-Q | Real Texas Bar-B-Q

2451 Capital of Texas Highway
    Austin, TX 78746
    (512) 329-5554

I'm going to aim for either May 30th or June 6th. It will take me just a few days to determine which day will work best.

Top Bottom