Venture Surplus ad

B.O.L.O. For Absent Members Of The Forum.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I say this as your friend: get up and shrug it off.

I’m confident, by most of the folks I know here, that we don’t really care what someone says in private about an idea of yours being bullcrap or not. I certainly won’t respect anyone that does that. Just shrug it off. You’re intentions are good. If it pissed people off they can call the wambulance.

Thanks. I did get a bit pissed off and mad about it last night, but the more i thought about it, I'm not going to let someone tell me what I can or can't post. I'll just consider the source and put it behind me. If someone, or anyone has a problem with my posts or threads, they can do a few things. Ignore the and move along, put me on ignore for that matter if my posts and threads offend your delicate feelings, or use that little report button at the bottom and let the Mods or Admins handle the problem.

As far as it goes, the only one that have any input into what I post, or the threads I start are the Mods or the Admins.
    Military Camp

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Reason I asked is another member informed by PM that this thread was bullshit, and it wasn't any of my business to know where anyone was, and to mind my own business. And said all I did was sit around and post all day sticking my nose in where it didn't belong, and maybe I should find another forum.

I thought maybe you were just saying publicly what the other member said in private.

If someone told you to mind your own business, they should pay attention to their own words and mind theirs. I don't see anything wrong with this thread.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    If someone told you to mind your own business, they should pay attention to their own words and mind theirs. I don't see anything wrong with this thread.
    Mic-1436636346.gif

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas

It's a public forum and thus everyone's business who visits this site. If someone has an issue with a post there are ways to address it but attacking the original poster is never acceptable.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    My wife really loves the history stuff and Sundays are spent watching as she also reads at same time. The two World Wars and the mob has been her focus for many years. She loves Bill O'Reilly's books and critiques them as to her view of accuracy, lol. A student at UT Austin majoring in history because of her love of it, then tragedy years ago took her husband but spared her baby. I'm the ancient alien guy but only to a point, as her history stories are much more informative and documented versus being 'what-ifs". She can talk history all day and make it sound fun.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    17e8032f7e8f7ba7f3061e943f7e31b4.jpg

Over the years on many forums I have never let what anyone says to or about me get under my skin.

A) In most cases none of them know me personally and what their opinion is I could not give two turds about.
    B) I just pass over the BS posts or chuckle when I do read someones opinion knowing how far off the mark they are.
    C) I know where the Logoff button is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    It's a public forum and thus everyone's business who visits this site. If someone has an issue with a post there are ways to address it but attacking the original poster is never acceptable.

Those were my thoughts as well! And frankly, unless it runs afoul of the forum rules, or draws the attention of the Mods or Admins, I'm going to post what I want to, and I'm not asking another member for permission or approval of what I post or the threads I start.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Those were my thoughts as well! And frankly, unless it runs afoul of the forum rules, or draws the attention of the Mods or Admins, I'm going to post what I want to, and I'm not asking another member for permission or approval of what I post or the threads I start.

Then dont get your BVDs in a bunch when someone posts their opinion in or about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    Not long ago, I noticed that a member hadn't posted in a while. I PM'd a mod to ask if anyone knew where he was. No, I wasn't minding my own business, I'll admit that.

I haven't been here as long as many of you. When you are a member of a forum like this, you create a friendship/relationship with people that you have never met in the flesh. Just because someone asks about a missing member doesn't really mean that they are being nosy, they have an honest concern for their online friend. Some people care about others, some don't.

Txhillbilly

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    North Texas
    I like the idea of our mods having access to my personal contact info. Plus whoever other members I might choose to share my personal contact info with.
    I've yet to attend any meet-ups other than a few ftf buy/sell/trade, but I trust my gut with others just from getting to know them through their posts here, that we have the same views on things and feel i can trust - I might even consider that Axxe55 guy as one of those, lol.

You might regret that. He'll drive you crazy!
    Hell, He's one of my best friends, and a pretty damn good one at that.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    You guys need to get a room............maybe one by the hour.........lol...

If this thread was a waste of time....the Mods would have deep sixed it......

So............if one was to "mind their own business" one would never make a post........

It is difficult to post for many years and not offend someone somewhere even if innocently and not purposeful.......how the offended handle it, shows their character....not yours.....

Top Bottom