• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It do suck, don't it?

Hell, I live in the middle of Little Mexico. 95% of the signs are in Spanish. I will say though, my Spanish language skills have been improving. I stopped getting angry about it and just learned to accept it. One day they will be assimilated just like the Italians, Irish, etc... Too many other things in life to worry about. I lived in Taiwan for 6 months and seeing a sign written in English was refreshing. I imagine these illegals feel the same way. It just makes me mad when they don't teach their kids English or even place importance on them learning English. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!
    Venture Surplus ad

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Hell, I live in the middle of Little Mexico. 95% of the signs are in Spanish. I will say though, my Spanish language skills have been improving. I stopped getting angry about it and just learned to accept it. One day they will be assimilated just like the Italians, Irish, etc... Too many other things in life to worry about. I lived in Taiwan for 6 months and seeing a sign written in English was refreshing. I imagine these illegals feel the same way. It just makes me mad when they don't teach their kids English or even place importance on them learning English. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED!

Well why should they, when everything here is more or less in their language?

There is a big difference between what is going on now and what Italians, or any non English speaking person had to face during their immigration to America. I'll bet their was no government forms in both Italian and English. I'm sure that outside of their ethnic conclaves there was no Italian translation for anything from a menu to a "no trespassing" sign.
    What you are seeing is as good as it's going to get as far as assimilation, I wouldn't expect much more from the the Hispanic community.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I wouldn't expect much more from the the Hispanic community.

Except that there are two communities: those who came to LIVE here and raise a family here and those who are just here to work, earn money and send it home/go home. Those who want to live here see the importance of English, even with Spanish being presented side-by-side in many cases. Those who just want to work here could care less about English... or Spanish for that matter... and just want money to send home.

Top Bottom