• Fusion with leather.JPG
      Fusion with leather.JPG
      87.8 KB · Views: 137

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Ya gotta love these "best" threads. Sounds more like some fanboy cheering than an actual discussion of what make something the best. What criteria is specified to base parameters on to define what really is best?

And even if we did define the specified parameters, I would still say the answers or opinions were exactly that, opinions and rather subjective based on personal preferences and bias'.
    ^^This guy is a blast at parties!

I say the Highpoint c-9 is the best. If you don't limp wrist it it always works runs clean and you never have to take it apart, and even a kid working at a restaurant kitchen living in a shitty apartmemt can afford one to protect what little he can call his own.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Ya gotta love these "best" threads. Sounds more like some fanboy cheering than an actual discussion of what make something the best. What criteria is specified to base parameters on to define what really is best?

And even if we did define the specified parameters, I would still say the answers or opinions were exactly that, opinions and rather subjective based on personal preferences and bias'.
    Hey Axxe,

Why sure!

Wouldn't be a "best" thread.............without the wide variety of opinions....

From Walkers to Glocks (and everything inbetween).............that is what makes AMERICA GREAT!

Take your kids/grandkids shooting (if it ever stops a raining)!

This one is "best".........because I won it shooting 8 Pin at the Armor Express (formerly Second Chance) Pin Shoot in '17.

Later, Mark

Attachments

• Left side Cimmaron.JPG
      Left side Cimmaron.JPG
      130.9 KB · Views: 82

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Hey Axxe,

Why sure!

Wouldn't be a "best" thread.............without the wide variety of opinions....

From Walkers to Glocks (and everything inbetween).............that is what makes AMERICA GREAT!

Take your kids/grandkids shooting (if it ever stops a raining)!

This one is "best".........because I won it shooting 8 Pin at the Armor Express (formerly Second Chance) Pin Shoot in '17.

Later, Mark

IMO, to make any sort of determination of what is defined as "best" needs some sort of criteria, or parameters to make that determination, and even then, could still be quite subjective based on personal preferences.

Even to further muddy the waters, one pistol may be best for one specific purpose, while another may be best at another type of purpose. Then we could even further muddy the muddy waters with going to various calibers!

Don't get me wrong, I have been a huge fan of the 1911 platform for over thirty five years, and have owned more than a truckload of them over the years, and I still think John Browning came up with a timeless design for a pistol, but, I also think John Browning was never one to sit back on his laurels and just stop with the 1911, as his crowning achievement in firearms designs.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I figured out the Colt 1911 is one of the best handguns ever
    One of the best? Sure, if the list is long enough.

If you eliminate the "Colt" and just say the 1911 then it will move way up on the list.

Beyond that to each their own.

My "best" parameters differ from many members here that carried the best autoloader AT THE TIME in WWII.........

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You have an impressive post count but do you have an equally impressive experience with handguns? Have you owned or shot all???

Andyd,

I'll answer that one for him. = NO, he hasn't had ALL the POSSIBLE handguns (NOR has ANYONE else.) but he knows what his OPINION of "the best" handgun is, just as I have my opinion.
    (MY PERSONAL CHOICE is the 70-series. M1911; I'm THE expert on what I like.,)

yours, satx

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

I would bet everything in my checking account that the WINCHESTER Model 1911A1-GO .45ACP {variants) were the BEST 1911 pistols ever made commercially, though certainly NOT the fanciest ones.

I have held our former regimental CG's 1911A1 in my hand but did NOT get to shoot it. = That 1991 LOOKED like what a diamond would look like if it was COAL BLACK & was fitted with fossil ivory grip panels.
    (Don't ask what the finish is, as I have NO idea. = I've never seen a finish that GLOWED like that in the Sun.)

Do any of our members KNOW how many 1911 pistols were made for the DoD by WRA??
    (Fwiw, I asked a MSG at the local AMU that question & he said, "Not many. Those GO pistols were assembled, hand-fitted & finished one at a time by hand.")

yours, satx

Last edited:

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    “Best” is subjective and cannot be easily defined. This is much like the “best oil“ threads on the motorcycle forums I‘m a member of. Mainly for entertainment purposes only with no irrefutable data to back up the various opinions. This string would best be named “what is your favorite handgun” because that’s really the opinions that will be stated here.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    To All,

I would bet everything in my checking account that the WINCHESTER Model 1911A1-GO .45ACP {variants) were the BEST 1911 pistols ever made commercially, though certainly NOT the fanciest ones.

I have held our former regimental CG's 1911A1 in my hand but did NOT get to shoot it. = That 1991 LOOKED like what a diamond would look like if it was COAL BLACK & was fitted with fossil ivory grip panels.
    (Don't ask what the finish is, as I have NO idea. = I've never seen a finish that GLOWED like that in the Sun.)

Do any of our members KNOW how many 1911 pistols were made for the DoD by WRA??
    (Fwiw, I asked a MSG at the local AMU that question & he said, "Not many. Those GO pistols were assembled, hand-fitted & finished one at a time by hand.")

yours, satx

Do you care to elaborate and provide any sources for such information? I have been an owner, shooter, and enthusiast of the 1911 platform for over thirty five years, and have read quite a few various books and articles on the 1911 over the years. Nothing I have ever seen or read indicates that Winchester Repeating Arms ever produced any 1911's commercially, or even for wartime purposes. WRA was one of the companies awarded a contract to manufacture 1911's during World War I, but those were never actually manufactured since the contract was cancelled due to the ending of that war.

Top Bottom