Lynx Defense

Boy Scouts - The real issue with homosexuality and leadership.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    I've never threatened to rip someone's head off simply because that person lives a slightly different lifestyle than I do or believes something different than I.

Perhaps not but you DID say that you could do violence upon somebody "...come off as an ignorant, intolerant dick that I start getting angry and potentially violent.", is that true or just Internet bravado?

I have never alienated or demonized someone simply because I don't understand or can't accept why they believe what they do, or why they live life a certain way.

That is part of the problem that is plaguing society today, moral ambiguity, there is evil in this world, (I am not implying that homosexuality is evil, a sin, a choice, or the result of DNA) and evil should never be accepted or tolerated, the only question is which side of that line does homosexuality land? I know that I am not a wise enough person to make that call and neither are you.

So yeah, actually, I'd like to think I am just a bit better than someone who actually does do those things.

The hubris of man knows no bounds.

Also, Yankee. "Stick and stones" may work for kids, but the fact is that it's a bald-faced lie. Words can and do hurt, in some cases more than a fist, a knife or a bullet ever could. If it works for you, then that's just great, all you're doing is delaying the inevitable.

Words have no power beyond that which the receiver grants to them. That simple fact is another thing that has been lost to this society, and we are all worse off for it, except for all the psychiatrists, counselors and "life coaches" out there.

The "Sticks and Stones" song works for kids and was used as practice to develop a copping mechanism that would serve them well as adults.
    ARJ Defense ad

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I really hope you realize that you just proved my point..... Acting like a child really doesn't help you at all, Alex. You tell me to "get off your moral high ground", and yet here you are trying to belittle and degrade me, and for what reason? Seriously, why the **** are you acting like that?

Anyway, I'm honestly sorry if what I said offended anyone. I know a lot of you don't agree with my thoughts, and I'm sure I don't agree with some of yours as well. However, as I said earlier, if you are at the very least willing to tolerate my views, then I'll tolerate yours. If you aren't willing to tolerate mine, that's fine by me too, so long as you don't go out of your way to insult me or my opinions/thoughts.

Edit: Yankee, when I said that I get "potentially violent", I was referring to the subsection of people who are willing to be violent in order to somehow prove their point or to **** with the group that they hate. For example, if someone goes out of their way to attack a homosexual person, you can be damn sure that I'm willing to put a bullet in their chest if that's what it takes to keep that person from hurting or murdering someone else.

Now, is there a way we can take this to private messages (I haven't taken the time to figure out if this forum even has a PM function or not)? Think I've already caused enough shit in this thread.

Last edited:

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I didn't quote you that time because, when I started typing that post, there were no other posts after the one of yours I was responding to.

Wow, you really are that naive and ignorant... I was talking about how you misquoted me:

Acting like a child really doesn't help you at all, Alex. You tell me to "get off your moral high ground"

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    So, you're forcing your beliefs onto your children, and yet you're opposed to other people merely exposing your kids to different things?

Yep. You just went full retard in my book.

Out of sheer curiosity, what would you do if one of your children grew up to be homosexual?
    I'm not forcing anything on my children but, it is my right and my duty as a father to teach my children how I see fit ,not how you see Fit ,and with your thinking and the fact that you have already resorted to calling me names shows you lack of immaturity and social skills, and morals. I thank god you have nothing to do with teaching my children. The only one here forcing the issue saying we have to except anything is you. And I'm not worried about my children one is six and she has no problems. The other two or boys and they like the opposite sex as they should. One is a boy scout and is opposed to the change and that is his belief.

Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    So, you're forcing your beliefs onto your children, and yet you're opposed to other people merely exposing your kids to different things?

Yep. You just went full retard in my book.
    Out of sheer curiosity, what would you do if one of your children grew up to be homosexual?

Here's how it is..... My kids go to school where I tell them. They go to church when, and where I tell them. I have certain beliefs I wish for them to be brought up with so they don't grow up to be frikkin' IDIOTS! It is MY RIGHT as a parent to bring them up as *I* see fit, and no one else. There are certain things I let my kids decide for themselves, certain things I do not. There are some things they do not find acceptable, some they do.

I STRONGLY disapprove of "other people" exposing my children to ANYthing *I* haven't approved of FIRST. What really pisses me off is another adult, trying to tell me what to do with my kids. None of their business! This is one reason I moved from the PRK, adults butting in to your business and I WON'T put up with it here!

As far as one of my kids being "gay"? No problem there. They've seen enough negativity with them that they are already biased against, with no prodding from me. Both my kids think they're "creepy" and "unnatural". This is THEIR life experience, should I tell my kids their life experience is a lie?

Not a chance.

Last edited:

Dragunov

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Burnet County TX
    I'm not forcing anything on my children but, it is my right and my duty as a father to teach my children how I see fit ,not how you see Fit ,and with your thinking and the fact that you have already resorted to calling me names shows you lack of immaturity and social skills, and morals. I thank god you have nothing to do with teaching my children. The only one here forcing the issue saying we have to except anything is you. And I'm not worried about my children one is six and she has no problems. The other two or boys and they like the opposite sex as they should. One is a boy scout and is opposed to the change and that is his belief.
    I dealt with this crap in California and had to get away from it. It reminds me of Lots issue with the people of Sodom and Gomorrah! "Send us out your Daughters so that we may "know" them." That's what I felt like in California. I'll not feel that way here in Texas.

Willygene, You're a GREAT parent! Stand your ground.

Doc Roe, I don't have any problem with you, but DON'T push any agenda on others. I respect our differences, please do the same? It doesn't make you, or anyone else who does, look any other way but ignorant, intolerant, and ridiculous. I'm sure you're not that way, and maybe let your cool head get away from you a little.... It happens.

But if this is the way your going to deal with a parent who is doing the best they know how to raise their children, then you can expect backlash.

'Nuff Sedd!

Last edited:

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I didn't quote you that time because, when I started typing that post, there were no other posts after the one of yours I was responding to.

Is it ok if I read your posts with a lisp?

I'm imagining a high pitch falsetto with heavy lisp. Am I close?

Do yourself a favor, drink some chamomile tea and read your previous posts. You sound like a lunatic.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Is it ok if I read your posts with a lisp?

I'm imagining a high pitch falsetto with heavy lisp. Am I close?

Do yourself a favor, drink some chamomile tea and read your previous posts. You sound like a lunatic.

The **** is wrong with tea? I love tea and do not love the cawk.

Don't be that guy and stereotype, when in this case, stereotypes don't necessarily hold true.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I think that a lot of the people here are in agreement with the general idea that you can believe whatever you want to believe, and no one should force you to believe something you don't want to believe. However, I think that the overall message is getting miscommunicated due to the overall emotions that are associated with this topic.

No one cares if you want to raise your kids with the idea that homosexuality is wrong, or if you believe that yourself. No one cares if you want to raise your kids with the idea that homosexuality is okay, or if you believe that yourself.

Seriously. Not a single **** is given. Live your life the way you want to live it. No one wants government stepping into their lives, and the same can be said for other people in general.

This thread should've died a long time ago.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    I dealt with this crap in California and had to get away from it. It reminds me of Lots issue with the people of Sodom and Gomorrah! "Send us out your Daughters so that we may "know" them." That's what I felt like in California. I'll not feel that way here in Texas.

Willygene, You're a GREAT parent! Stand your ground.

Doc Roe, I don't have any problem with you, but DON'T push any agenda on others. I respect our differences, please do the same? It doesn't make you, or anyone else who does, look any other way but ignorant, intolerant, and ridiculous. I'm sure you're not that way, and maybe let your cool head get away from you a little.... It happens.

But if this is the way your going to deal with a parent who is doing the best they know how to raise their children, then you can expect backlash.

'Nuff Sedd!
    Thanks .

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    I think that a lot of the people here are in agreement with the general idea that you can believe whatever you want to believe, and no one should force you to believe something you don't want to believe. However, I think that the overall message is getting miscommunicated due to the overall emotions that are associated with this topic.

No one cares if you want to raise your kids with the idea that homosexuality is wrong, or if you believe that yourself. No one cares if you want to raise your kids with the idea that homosexuality is okay, or if you believe that yourself.

Seriously. Not a single **** is given. Live your life the way you want to live it. No one wants government stepping into their lives, and the same can be said for other people in general.

This thread should've died a long time ago.

Cliff's notes:

fucks-given-look-at-all-the-fucks-i-give.jpg

Top Bottom