Gun Zone Deals

Boy Scouts - The real issue with homosexuality and leadership.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    So, you're forcing your beliefs onto your children, and yet you're opposed to other people merely exposing your kids to different things?

Parents are suposed to protect their children. If one believes that homosexuality is a sin then it is their duty to protect their children from it. A more valid argument is the basic right vs wrong of homosexuality, many religions see it as a sin some don't. The advantage of religion deciding the right/wrongness or homosexuality is that each person's religion is correct and the only way and all the others are going to burn in hell or equivilent.

Again the BSA being a private organization should be allowed to choose it's own members and leaders. People that are outside of it's chosen type of people need to form their own version of the BSA, not force BSA to accept them.

[/QUOTE]
    Out of sheer curiosity, what would you do if one of your children grew up to be homosexual?[/QUOTE]

So it's a choice??? I had always heard that nobody would willingly choose that "lifestyle"

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    But is it entirely genetic? Hell no, it isn't.

That will be argued long after both you and I are gone from this earth. I have a good friend that struggled with his identity for many years, it is a long story I will not bore anyone with. However, you don't one day wake up and go hummm I like penis now!

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    If you're being serious, then look at this picture: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw9xh7slYf1r3jsrko1_500.jpg

If you're joking or being sarcastic, then look at that picture.

If the first is true, you're in the same boat as willygene. If the second is true, then I'm just not in the mood for that kind of crap right now.

Well glad to see you are not one of those people tolerant and accepting of all types and ideas. Now you just need to tune your values a bit and you'll be just fine

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Oh, for the love of... Yankee, I hope for your own sake that the last two lines of post #223 are sarcastic. I -really- can't stand people like that, who are too fucking bigoted to accept the fact that other people are different than they are.

And just in case anyone is considering ripping my head off for my stance on the issue. Three of my seven closest friends are either gay or bisexual, I myself am bi-curious. I've lost two other friends to the anti-gay crowd (one murdered, the other took her own life after her parents disowned her when she "came out of the closet"). That's why I may come off an an unforgiving, unapologetic hardass when it comes to things like this. And if that offends you, then I'm honestly fucking glad, because you know how I feel every time I see or hear bullshit like what willygene is spewing.

Edit: If you respect my beliefs, then I'll respect yours. It's when you come off as an ignorant, intolerant dick that I start getting angry and potentially violent.

Last edited:

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX
    Oh, for the love of... Yankee, I hope for your own sake that the last two lines of post #223 are sarcastic. I -really- can't stand people like that, who are too fucking bigoted to accept the fact that other people are different than they are.

The sarcasm is in post 225, well, not really. I find it very entertaining that one will profess tolerance and acceptance, then jump right into violence or hate spewing crap when somebody does not agree with them. So much for that tolerance and acceptance, but it's ok, it makes you normal.

And just in case anyone is considering ripping my head off for my stance on the issue. Three of my seven closest friends are either gay or bisexual, I myself am bi-curious. I've lost two other friends to the anti-gay crowd (one murdered, the other took her own life after her parents disowned her when she "came out of the closet"). That's why I may come off an an unforgiving, unapologetic hardass when it comes to things like this. And if that offends you, then I'm honestly fucking glad, because you know how I feel every time I see or hear bullshit like what willygene is spewing.

Credentials accepted.

Edit: If you respect my beliefs, then I'll respect yours. It's when you come off as an ignorant, intolerant dick that I start getting angry and potentially violent.

You would do violence upon somebody else just because they were ignorant(all people are ignorant of something) or intolerant?!?!?!? You really, really need to practice the "Stick and Stones" song.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    You could say that I'm intolerant of intolerance, and that I believe you would be justified in killing someone who has threatened you or someone you know.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    You could say that I'm intolerant of intolerance, and that I believe you would be justified in killing someone who has threatened you or someone you know.

Hate speech isn't an excuse to kill someone. If you think that's "okay", maybe you should get a reality check before you land yourself a spot in prison.

recoveringyankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Jollyville, TX

Well that still makes you a hypocrite and thus you have no moral high ground upon which to judge others. That is ok because it makes you normal, I haven't encountered a single human that wasn't a hypocrite.

"It's when you come off as an ignorant, intolerant dick that I start getting angry and potentially violent." is NOT threatening you or somebody you know, thus your claims of doing violence are way out of line and in some quarters would be cause to worry about your stability. Again, please work on the "Stick and Stones" song, it is a valuable coping tool that unfortunately been lost in this rush for everybody to be some special precious little unique snowflake(which we are not).

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    LMAO what a fucking hypocrite!

At least I'm willing to accept that things are changing and am capable of adapting to that change, unlike some other people. That is what I mean when I talk about ignorance, intolerance and arrogance. If you refuse to admit that there is even a slim possibility that you're in the wrong, then in my book you lose all credibility.

Hate me if ya want to, love me if ya can, buddy. Because even if I believe the world would be better off without you, I'm still gonna pray for you and hope that you change.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Lol I am not here to argue the wrong or right of homosexuality. I laid out my opinions plain as day, early on in this thread. I have a problem with ignorance and arrogance, as you so proudly propose, yet so disgustingly display. Get off your damn high horse; you're no better than all of these "people" that you're trying to call out.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I've never threatened to rip someone's head off simply because that person lives a slightly different lifestyle than I do or believes something different than I. I have never alienated or demonized someone simply because I don't understand or can't accept why they believe what they do, or why they live life a certain way.

So yeah, actually, I'd like to think I am just a bit better than someone who actually does do those things.

Now lay the **** off me, alright?

Also, Yankee. "Sticks and stones" may work for kids, but the fact is that it's a bald-faced lie. Words can and do hurt, in some cases more than a fist, a knife or a bullet ever could. If it works for you, then that's just great, all you're doing is delaying the inevitable.

Last edited:

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Today, 06:30 PM
    Doc Roe

[h=2]This message is hidden because Doc Roe is on your ignore list.[/h]View Post

Talk_to_the_hand.jpg

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    And yet you probably think I'm the immature one here.....

Take yer own advice and choke on it why don't ya?

Top Bottom