• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    BLOODY HELL....SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG HERE!

Our neighborhood has been going through a struggle for almost two weeks and it has a direct bearing on the tragedy in Colorado.

My neighbor has lived here for about 15 years. In that time, he has gone off his rocker three times and most of it has been from doctors changing his meds. He is a terrific guy and we all like him. He's a great friend and neighbor.............except when he isn't.

The first one happened and his behavior was pretty bad. He came outside naked, got more & more paranoid and threatening. He stood on his roof, flipping us off waving a knife and threatening us. He was finally arrested, got back on his meds and we had four good years.

The next time, "D" went nuts, he did more of the roof/knife thing and took off in a truck. He ended up doing $100K worth of damage to a cemetery with the vehicle. He was arrested, charged, got back on his meds and we had almost ten good years.

About two weeks ago, he started smashing things in his front yard and we knew he was off again. He made threats, said he would cut off some "wee-wee's" and smashed his house inside and out. He said he would bomb another neighbor's house and things got nasty. That's his pattern. He just gets worse and worse.

Last week, I called the law and the LEO's said they couldn't stop him from tearing up his own property. My neighbors and I related past performance to the officers and I expressed my concern that if he got into a car, the party was really going to get bad. They couldn't do anything.

His mother brought him to Beaumont to get him straightened out but he got so paranoid that he couldn't be helped and he ran away.

This morning, a neighbor called to tell me that "D" had been driving across my yard. I saw the tracks so I called the law again. The Deputy came out talked to "D" and he calmed down, cleaned the wreckage out of his yard and behaved for a while. He took off for a while in his car (supercharged and very fast). I was outside when he drove onto my lawn and I had to scramble so he wouldn't run over my feet.

He goes down to the end of my lot and burns out across my yard. He drives into his yard, does do-nuts in the front, crashes into a pretty good sized tree and seared it off at ground level. He made some real pretty trellis things in his front yard and took them out next.

I called the Sheriff again told them what had happened and said "You need to get back out here NOW!" Meanwhile, another neighbor comes up and says he saw "D" burning do-nuts around the gas pumps at the convenience store and drove across the road to do burn outs in the BBQ place parking lot. He was last seen driving full throttle IN REVERSE down the highway.

The Deputy arrived code 3 followed by a DPS Trooper as backup. My neighbors and I talked to them and THERE WAS SOME DOUBT IF THEY COULD HOLD "D"!

A neighbor got a call from "D"'s mother and she had just signed involuntary commitment papers at the county courthouse. The officers cuffed "D" and waited until the arrest warrant appeared on their system. It finally showed up on the computer so they took "D" away. I think they took him to the Mental ward in Beaumont. There was some mention that they could only hold "D" for 72 hours. I don't know.

We all like "D" and he's been a good neighbor and friend. He got off his meds and went nuts. Why is so difficult to get someone who is obviously off his rocker some help? He could have killed himself or someone else today. Hell, he might have killed me with his car!

There is something seriously wrong when the LEO's MUST let a guy loose until he kills someone!

Isn't this EXACTLY why wackos like the nut in Colorado get guns and harm innocent people? Something is totally F----up here!

Flash

#1gunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Nice write up. Its sad that there are so many laws CONTROLLING us but not one to let the officer make a decision if he thinks something is up to take some sort of action or call someone out.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    That's the problem. They can't do much until he kills somebody. I have personal experience within this. He's locked up now, but only after he killed. It'll be the same with this guy. Try to stay off of his radar.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    +2

BTW, every time I see this thread with "Breaking News" for a split second I think "Oh no, another one?"

I just tried to change the thread title. It was "breaking news" at the time I started it but now not so much. I changed it to 'Official discussion thread of ...'. It seemed to have worked but it looks like it did not change the title of the entire thread.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I just tried to change the thread title. It was "breaking news" at the time I started it but now not so much. I changed it to 'Official discussion thread of ...'. It seemed to have worked but it looks like it did not change the title of the entire thread.

Didn't change it from my view.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Flash, that story would be hilarious if it wasn’t real life… "D"’s favorite tool of destruction is his car. Apparently he likes knives, too. Ban all cars and knives?

This highlights the larger societal issue of how should people like "D" get help and how should the rest of us deal with them. It’s a difficult subject to tackle because I can see any type of controls or restrictions being placed on mentally ill people effecting other people as well. I certainly don’t want there to be “psychological cops” out there patrolling for funny behavior. I'm sure I'd be picked up in a heartbeat

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Love to shoot
    Top Bottom