• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    So, Obama has finally come out talking gun control.....
    Obama Renews Push to Reduce Gun Violence - Yahoo! News

"I also believe a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals. That they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities," he said. Going forward, Obama vowed to work with members of both parties to "arrive at a consensus around violence reduction, not just of gun violence, but violence at every level."

- Of course, there is also the 3rd category here, law abiding civilians. Conspicuously not mentioned.
    - The only gun owners I know of that feel this way are the selfish ones who care only about themselves.

What soldiers use AK47s?
    I did not realize our Armed Forces regularly carry these?
    Military Camp

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Sin, religion, mythology...all of it has nothing to do with the situation and I don't understand why people always feel the need to try to include it in every situation.
    Because people want to put events like this into a context that they understand. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not possible to assign reason to crazy...

I'm willing to play devils advocate for the sake of conversation.

There's probably someone this very second being savagely murdered, raped, tortured etc. Where's the bleeding heart for them? There isn't and I'll tell you why. It's become the norm. Hearing about the school boy being beaten to death by a bunch of thugs for no reason or a girl being raped only three blocks from her house and being left for dead is so common and normal now that no one really pays attention (by no one I don't mean y'all, I mean people in general).

Only when someone goes to the extreme does anyone really take notice and they sit back and say "oh my god. how could this happen"
    Interesting that you mention this, as it is very similar to the only cognizant point the Joker made in the second movie.
    "Nobody panics when the expected people got killed. Nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plans are horrifying. If I tell the press that tomorrow a gangbanger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will get blown up, nobody panics. But when I say one little old mayor will die, everyone loses their minds!!"
    Twisted coincidental irony, or part of the plan? Doesn't really matter... still crazy

I think the stupidest arguement I've heard from mouths is regarding a baby at the theater. My kids would sleep through a hurricane when they were infants. If the time of night was the only way for my family to hang and the baby happened to be asleep, who cares. It's not a bar, its not a smoke filled environment, its a movie.
    Yeah, but there are other people in the theater as well. Bringing an infant to a movie isn't very considerate. The baby might be quiet, but it could also start crying at any moment. It's disturbing to other people trying to enjoy the movie the same as if someone was causing a ruckus or talking on their phone. The difference is it isn't the baby's fault; it's the parents'.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I read the link and it says he was spitting on the guards so they made him wear a plastic face shield for a while......wtf....I can think of a lot of really sick ways to stop his spitting and save us some tax payer money.

A roll of duct tape would have solved that problem.

coboblack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Houston
    Interesting that you mention this, as it is very similar to the only cognizant point the Joker made in the second movie.
    "Nobody panics when the expected people got killed. Nobody panics when things go according to plan, even if the plans are horrifying. If I tell the press that tomorrow a gangbanger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will get blown up, nobody panics. But when I say one little old mayor will die, everyone loses their minds!!"

I'm glad you mentioned this, that was a quote where I understood the message, but not understood how he was trying to deliver it. He says "If I tell the press that tomorrow a gangbanger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will get blown up, nobody panics. But when I say one little old mayor will die, everyone loses their minds!!"

Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but he referenced two different scenarios for a future plan "one a gangbanger WILL get shot" and another where "a mayor WILL die". But then explains them as having different consequences. If he "tells people the mayor will die" isn't that telling people the plan, and so according to his logic...no one should panic? I don't get it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    that was a quote where I understood the message, but not understood how he was trying to deliver it.
    If he "tells people the mayor will die" isn't that telling people the plan, and so according to his logic...no one should panic? I don't get it.
    Syntactic ambiguity? The plan he's referring to is the social norm. Obviously any plan of the Joker is going to cause panic. Not sure if this is the right thread to discuss the semantics of a fictitious super villain, but it might provide some context since this nutbag identifies himself with the Joker.

Life imitating art, or art imitating life? Doesn't really matter at this point. Let's save that discussion for after his execution.

kusai

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    ak47.jpg

Guess he's watching lots of movies these days.
    His people carry AK's

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Top Bottom