• ...and so much more!
  • RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    0724-GUN-RIGHTS-CONTROL-COLORADO-SHOOTING_full_600.jpg

Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., center, leads a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, July 24, 2012, to criticize the sale of high-capacity magazines for assault rifles that are sold to the public.

I didnt see anywhere that he was carrying a beta but that the rifle is capable of taking one. But dont let facts get in the way of Dems.
    Texas SOT

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Which is why we need to become much more vocal. I have been considering starting a new thread regarding this topic.

The anti gun crowd screams as loud as they can spewing garbage, made up numbers, and twisted statistics in every outlet they can find and those who are somewhere in the middle get seeds planted in their mind with no knowledge of the facts which are generally hidden or not brought up.

We all do plenty of preaching but most of it is to others on this board who do not need convincing(although I do use things that I learn when I get in a situation where I can make an anti look stupid).

If we were as outspoken as our opposition it would be impossible to hear their crap and what was heard would immediately be known to be a load of BS.

I am guilty of this also and have recently started regularly posting pro gun fact and illustrations on my facebook page which until recently has been pretty much in active.

If we really want to keep our rights intact we are good g to have to work as hard to keep them as others are working to take them away.

Personally I feel that most of us can do a lot more, including myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me know I thoroughly enjoy exposing and disproving liberal and anti gun rhetoric on the internet. Hell we can start a whole forum about it if we want. Call the NRA, GOA, NAGR, FDA (ok, maybe not the FDA but you get it) and tell them that's what we're doing. fuckit they fight with all they have to snuff out our rights, we'll fight with all we have to keep them. Yesterday Bloomberg's punk ass went on record persuading police to go on strike until they enact tougher gun laws. That tells me it's proof it's not about guns, it's about control. Fuckem. Cops are half the problem anyway.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Well I've never seen he need for me personally to have one of the 100 round mags because they seem a little cheesy to me but I'm going to pick one up tomorrow just so I can say "In before the ban".

Before the flames please note that I said 'me personally'.

I'd say you're better off stocking up on PMags. Just my personal take. I got a Glock mag on order. And it's definitely more than 10 rds.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'd say you're better off stocking up on PMags. Just my personal take. I got a Glock mag on order. And it's definitely more than 10 rds.

I agree. I've lugged AK drums around before and it's impractical and heavy when the weight is on your rifle. They also seem to take up more space. It's much, much easier to carry around and store 30 rounds mags, IMO.

I hope we don't get this rush and drive up prices before the election.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    I agree. I've lugged AK drums around before and it's impractical and heavy when the weight is on your rifle. They also seem to take up more space. It's much, much easier to carry around and store 30 rounds mags, IMO.

I got a Pmag and a Glock mag Saturday. I want more P mags but could only get one. I have 5 9mm glock mags in total now. 3 of them are 10 rounds, the other two, more. I have a 40 with 3 13 round mags, and 3Pmags for my aR. I'm just saying maybe its better to stock up on pmags cause we know the quality is good. yeah 100 round magazines are awesome, but the fact that they jam so often makes them less desirable for me personally. to each their own though.

kris lee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    Northeast Texas
    I got a Pmag and a Glock mag Saturday. I want more P mags but could only get one. I have 5 9mm glock mags in total now. 3 of them are 10 rounds, the other two, more. I have a 40 with 3 13 round mags, and 3Pmags for my aR. I'm just saying maybe its better to stock up on pmags cause we know the quality is good. yeah 100 round magazines are awesome, but the fact that they jam so often makes them less desirable for me personally. to each their own though.

Yeah I think a 'functioning' beta would be cool in conjunction with a slide fire stock but they are just NOT for me as I have to roll change and pick up cans in order to buy ammo lately...LOLOLOL

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012

+1, have a friend or two with the beta mag/c-mag I used to want one until I actually used it, not having to change the mag is convenient however one 30 in the rifle and three more 30's on your belt and bam you have 20 more rounds and it's not as bulky and awkward. One a side not I'm hearing the drum mag was a fabrication I don't have a source off the top of my head but I also did come across this photo:

article-2176377-14264342000005DC-51_306x423.jpg

Could be one of the Surefire 60 rd mags but looks like a standard usgi 30. Could he have gone through the drum and swapped out to another mag, of course but reports are saying he started with the shotgun, then pistols, then rifle, instead of his rifle jamming as they are saying he could have ran one mag and stopped because that's all he had loaded.

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I'm afraid I can't go along with this. I've known a lot of cops through the years and the vast majority were stand up honest guys serving their community and doing a job most of us would not take for triple their pay.

Agreed, a good family friend is a DPS officer and he is one of the most good to go guys I've ever met in my life, would give you the shirt off his back.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    +1, have a friend or two with the beta mag/c-mag I used to want one until I actually used it, not having to change the mag is convenient however one 30 in the rifle and three more 30's on your belt and bam you have 20 more rounds and it's not as bulky and awkward. One a side not I'm hearing the drum mag was a fabrication I don't have a source off the top of my head but I also did come across this photo:

article-2176377-14264342000005DC-51_306x423.jpg

Could be one of the Surefire 60 rd mags but looks like a standard usgi 30. Could he have gone through the drum and swapped out to another mag, of course but reports are saying he started with the shotgun, then pistols, then rifle, instead of his rifle jamming as they are saying he could have ran one mag and stopped because that's all he had loaded.

Good lord, what a kill zone. GOD bless their souls and damn him to hell!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    So, Obama has finally come out talking gun control.....
    Obama Renews Push to Reduce Gun Violence - Yahoo! News

"I also believe a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals. That they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities," he said. Going forward, Obama vowed to work with members of both parties to "arrive at a consensus around violence reduction, not just of gun violence, but violence at every level."

- Of course, there is also the 3rd category here, law abiding civilians. Conspicuously not mentioned.
    - The only gun owners I know of that feel this way are the selfish ones who care only about themselves.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wonder how many gun owners he asked. Besides if any regulation should be allowed it should be done at the state level, including the current regulations. Seems strange to let the federal government control something that was meant to maintain control of the federal government.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Wonder how many gun owners he asked. Besides if any regulation should be allowed it should be done at the state level, including the current regulations. Seems strange to let the federal government control something that was meant to maintain control of the federal government.

Sounds like the fox guarding the hen house.

Sent without thinking via tapatalk.

Top Bottom