League City

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Taken from the Students for Concealed Carry Facebook page:

‎"Here is how the sheep and the sheepdog think differently. The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day. After the attacks on September 11, 2001, most of the sheep, that is, most citizens in America said, “Thank God I wasn’t on one of those planes.” The sheepdogs, the warriors, said, “Dear God, I wish I could have been on one of those planes. Maybe I could have made a difference.” - Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I just love how the Brady survey can be reset and filled out numerous time from the same IP. These people are so transparent that they are hardly worth mentioning. Time to send an additional donation to the NRA.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    As it seems this theater had a no guns/ weapons but not the proper signage. Most law abiding citizens including chl holders will open even it is not the correct signage just to avoid any problems. I do know some that will carry and argue the point later.

What I think honestly would have caused less loss of life or possiblity of this not even happening is open carry. If he knew there was half a dozen citizens enjoying their Constiutional right the outcome might have been differnt. I think we must push for this here in Texas in 2013. We are ready for it 6 states have it 11 are pushing. We in Texas need to do so, it's one more right they'd have to fight to take away. We know conceal carry has reduced crime, it's my belief that open carry will reduce it even more.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I just love how the Brady survey can be reset and filled out numerous time from the same IP. These people are so transparent that they are hardly worth mentioning. Time to send an additional donation to the NRA.

This is what they are asking for in the petition

Sign our petition to demand Congress address this problem:

I believe that these people should not be able to buy, own, or carry a gun anywhere in our nation:

• Convicted felons
    • Convicted domestic abusers
    • Terrorists
    • People found to be dangerously mentally ill

Funny how they act like its legal for these people to have guns now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keith_tx

Bit and Byte Wrangler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    League City
    What I think honestly would have caused less loss of life or possiblity of this not even happening is open carry. If he knew there was half a dozen citizens enjoying their Constiutional right the outcome might have been differnt.

I don't know about this. It was a dark theater, the perp wouldn't have seen how many people were armed. And even if he did manage to somehow *know* that there were armed citizens, he came prepared for battle. He had a vest on, crotch and neck protection and your handgun doesn't stand a chance against his 2 long guns and tear gas, and element of surprise.

But I see your point and mostly agree. Though, I think the bigger issue is that more people don't exercise their right to carry concealed or otherwise. Open carrying in public areas can cause people to get a little anxious. Though you know you're enjoying your right to carry and you're a good guy with this best intentions, they don't know that. The solution here is better activism and education, and open carry is only the activism part of that formula. Without the education, we go back to the anxiety people feel when they see someone with a gun (today's event didn't help).

How do we educate effectively? That's the golden question I think.

Texastransplant

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Purmela, Texas
    On a side not as a former northern Illinois resident I can tell you it's heading into another hot weekend in Chicago. A lot of attention is being focused on this shooting in Colorado. There have been weekends in Chicago where more have been killed and many, many injured. Colorado is big news but if you were to look at the 12 largest cities we have more killed annually then in the Mexico Drug wars. Remember the lamestream media will use this as an excuse to attack our 2nd amendment rights. We have to remember the 12 largest liberal run cities have problems weekly that are killing more citizens then this isolated incidence. They just mentioned on tv a bit ago that the number of mass shooting have not risen in decades. Just that now we are hearing the news as it is happening. Just have to remember the left will use anything they can to pull our rights away from us.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    its started guys, gun control debate on CNN

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Its been ridiculous as expected.

I was watching Fox news and i just had to record this clip. So by their understanding, if you are not a Licensed Hunter, CCW holder, Have military ties or on the Terror Watch List, then why would you need guns?

[video=youtube;6GAnUsKP6sI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GAnUsKP6sI&list=UU9tj6VGvbwiR0mvOA6fbPyg& index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTQxNzI4MDQyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjg5NDI1._V1._SY314_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Reposting for you. Not sure why it didn't work the first time. Do you see the resemblance, too?
    MV5BMTQxNzI4MDQyM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjg5NDI1._V1._SY314_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Once again the true nature of our enemies will be exposed. As happened after the tragic murders in Arizona, Leftists will attempt to exploit this horrible event in order to further their agenda of larger government and the disarmament of America. This is the depth of depravity.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Even if there were folks with CCW, I'm not sure how straight they'd have shot in the dark and with tear gas in their faces. Might even have caused more deaths. Who knows.

Maybe, maybe not. But this isn't the point. No innocent person should die this way, defenseless and afraid. Liberals are blinded by their cowardice, all the focus is on the "assault weapon" and some sick utilitarian analysis of what could happen if someone fought back.

Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    According to a 1995 study entitled “Armed Resistance to Crime: The Prevalence and Nature of Self-Defense with a Gun” by Gary Kleck and Marc Gertz, published by the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology at Northwestern University School ofLaw, law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year.

That means that firearms are used 60 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to shoot with criminal intent. Of these defensive shootings, more than 200,000 are by women defending themselves against sexual abuse. About half a million times a year, a citizen carrying a gun away from home uses it in self-defense. Again, according to Kleck amd Gertz, “Citizens shoot and kill more criminals than police do every year [2,819 times versus 303].” Moreover, as George Will pointed out in an article entitled “Are We a Nation of Cowards?” in the November 15, 1993, issue of Newsweek, while police have an error rate of 11 percent when it comes to the accidental shooting of innocent civilians, the armed citizens’ error rate is only 2 percent, making them five times safer than police.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    WOW. Talk about horrible luck. Poor girl.

It's too bad there exists no punishment severe enough for the piece of garbage that did this... not on this earth anyway.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom